New preview for Dark Messiah

N'Al

"Extremely interesting sounding single-player mixing some of the lessons of Looking Glass and Ion Storm in a really pop, aggressive format with a solid sounding multiplayer game? That sounds like the sort of thing we should be paying attention too, doesn't it?"

YES.

Colour me interested, head before heels.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I read the CGW preview and my interest level went from 0 to 10. They seem to be doing awesome stuff with the game engine, and it's good to see that not all FPS style games need to be set in WWII or a freaky military base.

Have you seen the 1Up Show first impressions bit, where there's the scene of the player sneaking through an enemy-patrolled library, avoiding contact and trying to traverse the grounds slinking from shadow to shadow behind the shelves? Looked pretty damn thiefish and the bit with the rope arrows wasn't bad either. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I concur.

It'd be extra awesome if you could freeze bodies of water with it, or freeze goblins to solid blocks to use in the obligatory jumping puzzles. :-

kirottu said:

They have yet to claim that Dark Messiah has anything to do with M&M. I would stop whining, since Arkane seems to know what they are doing.

kirottu said:

And Might & magic has never really been considered the pinnacle of RPG's either.. It doesn't matter much if they move away from the original games, it will probably just be for the better. I think they're just lending the universe, with the lore and names and stuff..

It's looking good so far.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I agree with the swedu above. Pretty much the only worthwhile thing from the M&M license is the Heroes series nowadays. It's high time that changed.

kirottu said:

I think they're just lending the universe, with the lore and names and stuff..

Nope, not even that. The old M&M world was called 'Erathia', whereas the new games (both HoMM5 and DMoMM) are all set in 'Ashan'.

So Ubi really did just acquire the name; although - in theory - they could still release games set in Erathia if they wanted to, I think.