What are you playing now...

Darque

EDIT: Wait, there's no demo yet. Nor of the previous game, either. Aww.

Turn-based squad-level tactical combat. Is it similar to Silent Storm, then (but with wargame-level realism)?

I wouldn't have used the SS comparison, but I guess it's sort of fair. Obviously, the level of presentation and flexibility are far below that of SS.

Here's the demo for the first game. Keep in mind it's a few years old so I don't know how similar the newest game will be.

101 Airborne demo

Just tried out some scenarios of the Airborne Assault: Red Devils Over Arnhem demo. Very cool wargame. Little squares shooting each other, teehee. The subordinate AI is very impressive. I'll be supporting their next game.

Linky linky?????

In any case:

Freelancer

HOI2: Doomsday

Edited by alanschu

you see what we gotta deal with.  how can we be expected to pass up a setup like this one?  given the 30+ page 20 minutes of nwn thread we gots all kinds of possible responses.

"finished during your lunch break?"

"sting takes more time to sex up his wife than bullock did to finish nwn."

"am hearing that obsidian and dominoes is joining together for a marketing campaign... if you can't finish nwn2 in a half hour you gets the game and a large 1-topping pizza free."

"ain't it amusing that llranor and Gromnir spent more time arguing over how long nwn2 might be than it actually took bullock to play the game."

etc.

HA! Good Fun!

So should I assume that the misspelling is supposed to be humorous at this point?

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

It's Gromnir.

He's had the half-orcish persona on message boards for years. Bioware even gave him a cameo in Throne of Bhaal, likely due to his unique and persistent posting style.

Edited by alanschu

F.E.A.R. is the game I have been playing in my free time. Great game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Went away over easter.

Still playing DQ VIII and loving it to bits.

I beat the Tortured Soul in the Ruined Abbey last night. I was stuck on it before but after gaining 2-3 levels in random encounters I was able to beat him.

DQVIII is a lot of fun. Random encounters are usually not my thing (i.e. I despise them) but somehow this game makes it fun. And the exploration is great. Beautiful environments, hidden chests and creatures.

Great game.

I'm also playing God of War. Stuck in The Challenge of Atlas with those gosh darnit gorgons... Grr.

And on PC it's still System Shock 2(had to replay a big chunk due to the fact that the quicksave feature does not work properly...) and some Civ4.

I also reinstalled Spellforce yesterday.

Edited by astr0creep

I beat the Tortured Soul in the Ruined Abbey last night. I was stuck on it before but after gaining 2-3 levels in random encounters I was able to beat him.

DQVIII is a lot of fun. Random encounters are usually not my thing (i.e. I despise them) but somehow this game makes it fun. And the exploration is great. Beautiful environments, hidden chests and creatures.

Great game.

:rolleyes:

It goes non linear much sooner than most JRPGs but still manages to keep the story focused. It's a shame only Jessica's outfit changes (got her dressed as a bunny girl at the moment).

Most if not all JRPG's have two features that get around that. Either skills or spells which cut down or eliminate the encounters and creatures which give silly ammounts of experience.

The encounter rate in DQ VIII I find pretty light. Gets even better once you get your kitty to ride around on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not gonna have much time for gaming until sometime around May 10, so I'm staying away from getting into anything. I'm still playing Final Fantasy II & Super Mario World on my GBA from time to time (i.e., on the can).

Just tried out some scenarios of the Airborne Assault: Red Devils Over Arnhem demo. Very cool wargame. Little squares shooting each other, teehee. The subordinate AI is very impressive. I'll be supporting their next game.

Linky linky?????

In any case:

Freelancer

HOI2: Doomsday

http://www.gamershell.com/download_505.shtml

Remember, LITTLE SQUARES SHOOTING EACH OTHER, so throw any expectations of graphics out the window.

I suggest reading through the manual that comes with the demo or read some previews/reviews to see how things work. If you have time, you can read through this excellent AAR that showcases the pros of this series http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=977049

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Oh, and uh, Neverwinter Nights 2  :lol:"

Still as mean as in thread 1 it seems...

[surprised statement] No PNJ?

"sting takes more time to sex up his wife than bullock did to finish nwn."

"ain't it amusing that llranor and Gromnir spent more time arguing over how long nwn2 might be than it actually took bullock to play the game."

I would have expected hell to break loose... :(

EDIT: Currently playing (in order of time/importance)

Enemy Territory

Unreal Tournament 2004

Oblivion

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus

OMG! The Swedish make decent games! What in the world....!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

one cannot assume that Gromnir is the first to purposefully spell your name that way... though we does admit that this last time were simply an accident. no doubt you took some heat for that in school, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)