The thread of world events

Hildegard

Berlusconi lost the elections in Italy.

And Iran is kind of threatening to wipe Israel off the map.

That stuff about the pyramids in Bosnia seems like a load of crap to me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...20_pyramid.html

For you. :blink:

This is old news, apparently, dating back to last october. :) Rather, this week was when they unearthed geometrically cut stone slabs that appear to make up the sloping surface.

Edited by Mothman

a 5th person has entered the Liberal Party leadership running in Canada. Whoo!

Are they the party that lost in the latest elections?

Yes. They lost based on the Conservative campaign that the Liberals were untrustworthy and all they did was reward their friends. Then the first thing the Conservatives did was lure a Liberal to their side with a cabinet post and appoint an unelected friend of the party to another cabinet post. They then reversed the low income tax exemptions the Liberals put into place so they could lower the GST by 1% now and another 1% in the next 3 years. Basically saving us 25 cents on a latte. They also reversed the Liberal child care plan which would supply a free public child care system, and instead is giving out 1200 bucks a year for child care, which comes down to something like 25 bucks a week, which is just a fraction of the cost of child care. They also were going to support a US invasion of Iran, but backed out of that after some public backlash. Basically, nothing good has come from their government so far.

Go NDP.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nepal is heading for civil war, with the population demanding that the King abdicate.

Yeah just saw it on CNN...the thing that pissed me most were the communist flags amongst the crowd. If this revolution means that the Maoist communist are going to be in power, then I'm 100% with the king. Anyone and anything is better then the commies.

Edited by Hildegard

Berlusconi lost :blink: ...no matter, Prodi's goverment will last no more then 2 to 4 months. Me thinks there are going to be new elections in 2006/2007.

Well Iran has been saying that for the last 30 years, but not so publicly as they do now.

And we shall see what's up with this Bosnia thing.

You think Berlusconi losing is a bad thing? :blink:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You think Berlusconi losing is a bad thing? :o

The reasons are personal.....let's just say some of my friends will be making less money, because there won't be any corrupt Berlusconi's officials to be bribed in order to pass some more then profitable contracts under the table. :D

Other then that, I'm against Berlusconi....but that leftist Prodi makes me wanna puke, he will turn out to be totaly incompetent and useless like all Italian left.

PS - Now I sound like a greedy corrupt bastard :blink::p

Edited by Hildegard

For you.  :wub:

This is old news, apparently, dating back to last october.  :) Rather, this week was when they unearthed geometrically cut stone slabs that appear to make up the sloping surface.

I wasn't doubting the posts here about the pyramids. I had already seen a news item on TV about the subject and the whole thing seemed a bit strange. How did the pyramids get lost in history? Who built the pyramids? How were such huge monuments constructed 12000 years ago? Doesn't this mean the pyramids were built before the discovery of agriculture? It just doesn't add up.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think we should start and obsidian forums news service. Anchormen pelting each other with peanuts and other less savoury substances on air.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For you.  :)

This is old news, apparently, dating back to last october.  :p Rather, this week was when they unearthed geometrically cut stone slabs that appear to make up the sloping surface.

I wasn't doubting the posts here about the pyramids. I had already seen a news item on TV about the subject and the whole thing seemed a bit strange. How did the pyramids get lost in history?

Insufficient dusting?

Who built the pyramids?

People.

How were such huge monuments constructed 12000 years ago?

Someone had lots of extra cash sitting around, and decided to pay some other fit people to build it.

Doesn't this mean the pyramids were built before the discovery of agriculture? It just doesn't add up.

Maybe they ate seafood.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So in other words, the conservative government is exactly on par with every other government we've had in the past few decades.

Hence my support of the NDP. Once they're in power and they do the exact same thing we can be 100% sure that it doesn't matter one bit who's in power and we can all stop voting.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

12000 old pyrmid? Blasphemy!

The earth is only 10 thousand years old hah.

Adam must have built it, he was 15 ft tall and tlived amost to be 1000 years old, enough time to build it himself.

giantsAdam030601.jpg

Speaking of pyrmids, heres one I'd like to build -

Senior%20Scale%20Pyramid.JPG

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yeah, but Scientology and their Xenu galatic overlord thingie is still ****ed up. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.