How do I kill microwave?

Atreides

So today my living unit had a fancy new microwave oven - the stainless steel type that looks real pro and all (previous one died).

Thing is I had it on 100% power for 10 mins and it melted my rice cooker (which is meant to cook at full power on other microwaves). Turns out it's WAY more powerful than average (yay technology!). After finding out what it had done, there was one hell of a cleanup and the smell of burnt plastic has been cleared out. It works fine but it smells funky and there's the possibility the melted plastic could be toxic for future use.

The interior of the brand new microwave has a yellowish sheen on it and it smells like burnt plastic. I'll talk to the front office on what'll happen on Monday. I've explained things to my unitmates in a long note and I've told them that I'll replace the cost if need be (if it's toxic etc). The microwave still works fine btw.

I did tell them to keep an eye on when heating stuff though so they can avoid another meltdown.

:sorcerer:

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Does this microwave oven have a grill element? If so, are you 100% sure you didn't accidentally turn it on? :sorcerer:

As a side note I've heard some guy on tv say that using plastic containers in the microwave isnt the best idea as it can force molecules of plastic into the food. Never researched it myself so I don't know if its true or not. *shrugs*

Edited by Surreptishus

It also sparks beautifully :sorcerer: Try putting a CD that you hate into a microwave...

Seconded...

There is no health-risk though... unless you try to use that microwave again later...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It also sparks beautifully :sorcerer: Try putting a CD that you hate into a microwave...

Actually don't do that, if you die I don't want to be held responsible.

Or, to follow in the Codex-via-Llyranor's psychopathic tendencies, you might want to put a CD of someone you LOVE in the oven ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you put pickled onions in the microwave theyll explode and sometime theyll give off flames too! :wub:)

(this is actually true, and it wont hurt your micro one bit)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The CD thing is pretty cool, I agree. I remember when my roommate's copy of Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation sparked up like the Fourth of July... ahhhhh those were the days.

I recently bought a new microwave, because my old one (which was larger and heavier than my TV and had dials instead of buttons) expired. The new one is much smaller, and just as powerful. And it was only $35, too! Of course, your microwave sounds much cooler than mine.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

As a side note I've heard some guy on tv say that using plastic containers in the microwave isnt the best idea as it can force molecules of plastic into the food. Never researched it myself so I don't know if its true or not. *shrugs*

This reminds me, I always enjoy hearing the rants of avid microwave-hating people. Our bodies will die in 60 years or so, and the last two would be worthless anyway, just sitting there like an old fart waiting to die.

Anyway, my dog eats plastic and he is just fine... well, apart from the mental issues he came with.

You'll get the best light effects if you put several strips of metallic foil haped like an acordeon is your microwave oven. Yet another great thing you learn from Mythbusters.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Yep, nice lightning bolt thingies striking back and forth. Looks kinda scary really.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

A mate of mine put a tennis ball in the microwave at college, it blew up and he was suspended until he bought a new one.

Good times

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

My friend threw a mouse in microwawe. Nice mess

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A long time ago we had some leftover chinese food in cartons...I asked my hubby if it was safe to use the microwave to heat them up, because they had the little metal wire handles. He said "Sure, I've done it lots of times, a little bit of metal like that is ok." So I put the carton in and hit the button, and a few seconds laters sparks were flying inside the microwave and I hit the stop button in a panic. I glared over at my spouse who sheepishly said, "Well, it's never been a problem before..." :(

And not long ago he did the same thing, only this time it flash-fried the top of the microwave blackish & stunk up the kitchen....I cleaned it and it still works, tho. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yep, nice lightning bolt thingies striking back and forth. Looks kinda scary really.

But wont putting CD's or anykind of foil or metal destroy the microwave emitter aswell?

Pickled onions are sweet though, they blow up fun and they dont make a mess or bust your micro.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If Microsoft made TV Dinners

You must first remove the plastic cover, but understand that it means agreeing to accept and honor Microsoft rights to all TV dinners. You may not give anyone else a bite of your dinner (which would constitute an infringement of Microsoft's rights). They may, however, smell and look at your dinner. You must tell them how good it is.

If you have a PC microwave oven, insert the dinner into the oven. Set the oven using these keystrokes:

\mstv.dinn.//08.5min@50%heat//. You then enter: ms//start.cook_dindin/yummy\|/yum~yum:-)gohot#cookme.

If you have a Mac oven, insert the dinner and press start.

The oven will set itself and cook the dinner.

Be forewarned that Microsoft dinners are subject to frequent crashes, in which case your oven must be restarted. This is a simple procedure. Remove the dinner from the oven and enter:

<ms.nodamn.good/tryagain\again/again.crap. This process may have to be repeated, and might solve your problem.

Many users have reported that the dinner tray is far too big, larger than the dinner itself, having many useless compartments, most of which are empty. Microsoft says these are for future menu items. However, the tray is so large that it will only fit in the largest industrial ovens, forcing many users to upgrade.

Dinners are only available from registered outlets, and only the chicken variety is currently produced. If you want another variety, call Microsoft Help and they will explain that you really don't want another variety. Microsoft Chicken is all you really need.

Microsoft has disclosed plans to discontinue all smaller versions of their chicken dinners. Future releases will only be in the larger family size. Excess chicken may be stored for future use, but must be saved only in Microsoft approved packaging.

Users get excited about having veggies with their Microsoft dinners, often telling their friends about it, as though this were something new. Microsoft promises a dessert with every dinner after 1998. However, that version has yet to be released. Users have permission to get thrilled in advance.

The box for the TV dinners is so large that it will not fit in many smaller freezers, and the shape prevents the storage of any other brand of dinners. Microsoft dinners are often not compatible with other dinners in the freezer, causing your freezer to self-defrost. Calling Microsoft Help will elicit the explanation that your freezer probably should have been defrosted anyway.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

:)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

My high school friend microwaved a cat.

I once read a news article about a woman who microwaved some raw eggs. A little while after she took them out, they exploded, and the egg shell embedded itself in her eyes, blinding her permanently.

Edited by roshan

Well, so long as he ate it afterwards. Technically it's not animal cruelty then, he was just 'hunting' it.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts