Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

There is one more possibility for that Revan's Tomb show.

It could've been symbolism how Exile didn't fall to dark side and follow Revan in his cause against Republic during M 5. Instead he cutted himself from the force. (though it was more for saving his ass when those thousand soldiers and jedis died)

So DS Exile with Revan is what could've happen. OMG! Exile could've become Revan's apprentice instead of Malak. That would've be...cool. Or...no. No it wouldn't. He doesn't have metaljar.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There is one more possibility for that Revan's Tomb show.

It could've been symbolism how Exile didn't fall to dark side and follow Revan in his cause against Republic during M 5. Instead he cutted himself from the force. (though it was more for saving his ass when those thousand soldiers and jedis died)

So DS Exile with Revan is what could've happen. OMG! Exile could've become Revan's apprentice instead of Malak. That would've be...cool. Or...no. No it wouldn't. He doesn't have metaljar.

I think that will happen yet... And it will be cool if it does... :lol::shifty:

metal jars make all the difference. :lol:"

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

metal jars make all the difference.  :lol:"

And pudding :shifty:

Malak's armor looks like hardened strawberry pudding

Yeah, it may happen too :unsure:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

lets not forget Malaks stupid half cape...

besides revan will die. eventually, he will.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not necessarily......

Remember Palpatine's good friend Plagues? Had the ability to keep himself alive. That method may have been discovered 4000 years previous, unbeknownst to everyone but Revan.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

Not necessarily......

Remember Palpatine's good friend Plagues? Had the ability to keep himself alive. That method may have been discovered 4000 years previous, unbeknownst to everyone but Revan.

I don't care what the fanboys think - Revan is not immortal. Malak betrayed him and he had to be saved by the jedi for crying out loud. What could be more humiliating for a Sith lord?

Besides, we don't even know if Palpatine was lying or exaggerating about the alleged powers of Darth Plagueis.

You mean, your opening statement didn't clear enough up?  :p

:o :'(

LOL

Yes, but note that the ghostly version of the

Exile is always DS. I've played that part several times, and it's always a DS version of the Exile standing there. Always. Now, if you play Exile as LS as I do, then s/he was never DS, since it was prevent precisely that fate that s/he denied the force in

the first place. So where does that DS mastery bit come from?

Within the context of it being of the past, Exile's DS mastery would stem from the fact s/he has done alot of very bad things during the war, with the final kicker being imploding a planet and destroying more than i could ever count on my fingers Mandalorians, Jedi, Republic troops, etc... and also desrtoying whatever native life was on Malachor V, not to mention causing at the very least a great disturbance in the Force. And the images in the cave are brought forth by the spelunker 's (cave goer ?) own psyche. So anyone who has committed these attrocities, especially if

that person was raised with the notion of compassion as a guiding principle, would certainly view themselves as evil/bad/corrupted, even if intelectually aware 'it had to be done'. Also, IIRC (which isn't very likely :p ) Exile would know about Malachor V's aftermath through influence check dialogues (assuming you could actually access them <_< ) about Revan using Malachor V as a means of "cleaning house".

Yes, but going through that bit again and paying close attention to ghost-Kreia as opposed to the real Kreia. The latter tells you afterwards that you faced visions of the past, but ghost-Kreia mentions the present and the future as well.

Ghost Kreia = Exile's imagination... :p I mean really, isn't that one of Exile's greatest fears, to be put into another situation wherein s/he is not only completely manipulated, but the manipulation uses Exile's core beliefs against her/him so s/he will commit an attrocity as 'The General' who erroneously believes it is for the greater good? The embodiment of that is, of course, Revan. That Exile falls for it twice, must be very difficult to bear. Poor Exile. (And they say Disciple is naive :) )

And I tend to believe even the ghost of Kreia over Kreia herself...  :blink:

:lol:

Wait a second, you put a  :ermm:  in there, didn't ya?  :lol:

:shifty:

I'll see your :shifty: , and i'll raise you a :ph34r:

Oo, irony. You believe Exile's psyche over Kreia. Wonder what that says about you? :shifty:

Or am i just nuts?  :D 

You sure you want an answer to that? :cool:

"Ignore the bird, follow the River"

just filling in space so the quoter lines up with the text better

High Aldwin

Revan was long-sighted, yes, but I don't think s/he had much patience. Revan is not the type to wait around for things to turn out as s/he wants them to. Revan is long-sighted, but s/he will make things go the way s/he intends them to if they don't by themselves.

What makes you say that ?

Not necessarily......

I don't care what the fanboys think - Revan is not immortal. Malak betrayed him and he had to be saved by the jedi for crying out loud. What could be more humiliating for a Sith lord?

Besides, we don't even know if Palpatine was lying or exaggerating about the alleged powers of Darth Plagueis.

I am no fanboy of Revan, just putting a point out there. It's a possiblity, like him dying is. We can't know exactly what happened until a K3 (if there is one), and if not, it will remain a loose end.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

Also, while I agree that Revan corrupted the jedi as a means to create an army to fight the true Sith, it is not clear at which point s/he embraced that plan. I doubt it was before Revan learned of the true Sith on Malachor V. It could have been before, and I have defended that position in the past, but I've changed my view on it a little. I do think Revan want to war with the Mandalorians simply to save the innocent (and incidentally the Republic), assuming LS Revan that is, and then only found out about the true Sith later in the war. Anyway, it probably doesn't matter so much...

It most definitely, um... what i meant to say was; IMHO :shifty: , Revan would not have gone along with it before finding out about the "true" Sith. So the question is; when did Revan find out about the true Sith? My thoughts on it are Revan found out before deciding to participate in the Mandalorian Wars. S/he did research, formulated tactics, began to figure out what the "master plan" should be. This is a bit "out there", but I suspect it may have been Revan who lead Kreia astray. Kreia mostly speaks as if she had been a Sith Lord for ages, but when she speaks of the 3 Sith Lords who must be dealt with in order for the galaxy to survive, she proceeds to list them: hunger, pain, and betrayal, she said they were a product of the Mandalorian Wars. And if Revan made the self-sacrifice to become evil to save the galaxy, that would logically place Revan as being Kreia's master as opposed to the other way around. Conjecture? Most certainly! :D But i just think Revan is that hard core. :ph34r:

Carth should be in there for a LS Revan, yes.

I agree that Carth should play a major role in K3, ONLY if you set Revan as LS, otherwise, he's dead if you set Revan as DS. So I don't want to see Carth at all when I set Revan as DS in K3 (if they make it and if there not going to abandon the Revan/Exile story-arch)...

Um.... he ran away from a DS male, and only went to save a DS female if they had gone all the way up the dialogue tree to the love-confession. He only gets killed by a lovey-dovey DS female. I think he was essential to Revan even as a friend and a person with whom Revan lerans alot about trust, the aftermath of the wars from a different perspective, and a whole bunch a' other important things. So he'd be good with a DS male too. BTW, did anyone else find it extremely irritating how Bastila completely took over the role of master during Carth's death? I really wanted Revan to be able to put her into her place with a nice *Force Choke* followed-up by a *Force Push* and tell her to remember who the master is and not to interfere. :ermm:

I'm not sure I want him as a companion, though, since that doesn't make much sense. In my own plot, Carth would be essential to redeeming the fallen LSF Revan-turned-DS. And naturally Carth should be commanding the republic forces during a final confrontation with the true Sith. If Revan was LS, that is, otherwise Cede.

It making sense would depend on the plot. If it is the plot i want :) , it'd be Revan's old companions joining Exile's and together go put those silly angsty Jedi (Revan & Exile) in thier place, then all kick Sith rumpus together. But i digress....

And by the way Hekate, my mistake. I re-read your post and now I get what you were trying to say, I just miss interpreted it.

(w00t) Honestly, i'm very relieved to hear that. I feel better now. Thanks :D

But what I don't get is this statement of yours "But as you (The Architect) have stated (it is right there in your signature, ain't it? tongue.gif ) that is a cheap way out. Which they should not take. Ever." What do you mean a cheap way out which they should not take?  :shifty:  :blink:

:shifty: Just what you, Jediphile, and i were unknowingly agreeing with eachother about the whole time with regards to them not pre-scripting KotOR III. To clarify how i heard that sentence in my head: "But as you have already stated in your signature, that is a cheap way out. Which they should not take. Ever." Idendum: it *is* right there in your signature, ain't it?

besides revan will die. eventually, he will.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Edited by Hekate

This can't be good...I've always loved Revan's character, but now after all this fanboy hype and OMG!!! Revan is Da GoDD!!! - thing I'm hoping that he is killed by that protocol droid. Seriously. <_<

Sure they are  o:)

I second that eyeroll. :-

Not that I don't like Revan or anything, but I personally think that the reason that so many people like Revan over any other Jedi/Sith is that they played Revan . I admire the Exile much more, because s/he chose (whether consciously or not) to live completely, without the Force.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I understand Revan's logic and why he did what he did. Yes it is scary.

I enjoy playing as Revan..............but I have learned in never get too attach to any one character.

my main issue with the Exile that he is too powerful for his own good. For good or ill, the Jedi Council(Vrook, Zez, and Kavar) were right about him....and his unique standing in the force.........

the look at his relationship with Kreia........yes she did manipulated him for her own sake.

Edited by DeathScepter

Revan is just one character in long history of jedi and sith. :o

Sure they are  >_<

I second that eyeroll. :rolleyes:

Not that I don't like Revan or anything, but I personally think that the reason that so many people like Revan over any other Jedi/Sith is that they played Revan . I admire the Exile much more, because s/he chose (whether consciously or not) to live completely, without the Force.

Precisely.

The fanboys played Revan and so identify with him, and therefore Revan *MUST* be this tactical supra-genius who alone among all jedi or sith in the entire galaxy ever understood what was really going on and was the only one who had the courage, determination, and resolve to do *the one thing* that had to be done to stop the true Sith...

That all has an uncomfortable sense of narcissism expressed through Revan, I think :ermm:

It also dehumanizes Revan, since he becomes like this perfect machine who can do no wrong ever instead of being a credible character :(

Not sure which of the two is worse, but they are both bad IMHO :ph34r:

Guest The Architect
Um.... he ran away from a DS male, and only went to save a DS female if they had gone all the way up the dialogue tree to the love-confession. He only gets killed by a lovey-dovey DS female. I think he was essential to Revan even as a friend and a person with whom Revan lerans alot about trust, the aftermath of the wars from a different perspective, and a whole bunch a' other important things. So he'd be good with a DS male too. BTW, did anyone else find it extremely irritating how Bastila completely took over the role of master during Carth's death? I really wanted Revan to be able to put her into her place with a nice *Force Choke* followed-up by a *Force Push*  and tell her to remember who the master is and not to interfere.  :devil:

Yeah but remember this, although it is true that Carth runs away from a DSM Revan before you even get a chance to kill him if you set Revan as a DSM in K2 he's not the Admiral, in fact, he's no where to be seen in K2 for the DSM Revan so my point is if he were still alive (for DSM Revan) then wouldn't he be the Admiral in K2? Cede is the Admiral in K2 if you set Revan as DS, not Carth, which suggests to me he's dead.

Even if Carth is alive (for DSM Revan) he shouldn't have a major role in K3 because in this case he's not the Admiral, Cede is, hence, he wouldn't have much of a signifiance or an impact as far as I can tell, nah, to me it's best just to leave Carth dead if Revan's DS, leave him out of the equation for DSM and DSF Revan, why? Well, characters like this are one's that are best to just leave alone because Carth could of either been killed or survived with a DSF Revan and instead of 'forcing' what scenario's occured on the player if the character is not seen in the game it's all a matter of the player's point of view, in your mind you can say, ah, Carth is dead or you can say well I reckon Carth is still alive and probably just hiding on some planet or whatever. Of course you don't have to agree with me on this but I would like to hear your opinions on this matter more.

Edited by The Architect

To get back to the options in the poll, I like the idea of having Revan spy on the Sith or have initiated a civil war among the True Sith. Personally, I have the opinion that Revan started this Sith Civil war during the Jedi Civil War, before the events of Kotor I and when he/she returned to the unknown (after Kotor I) found out that his/her plans were discovered and the only thing he/she could do is spy on them. To do that best however, he/she needed someone else to spy on them since Revan would have been recognized by the True Sith masters and the new Dark lord, the bad guy we should kill in the end of a possible Kotor III who has "promised a great reward to whoever destroys Revan".

How much I liked that line in Kotor I.

Allthough I think it is a pretty good idea to have Revan sacrificing him/herself to the DS so he/she can wear a mask to make it pretty easy for the Devs to implement Revan into Kotor III I wouldn't exactly like it to have to kill Revan in the end because he/she became the new Dark Lord. Okay, we could maybe finish LS and defeat Revan and make him/her unconscious for those of us that would like to let him/her alive or perhaps let Revan live and serve under him/her as the Dark lords apprentice.

I wonder what's best?

Master Vandar lives!