Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

Guest The Architect

I personally think that Revan is dead. We know that about one year after the Jedi Civil War Revan heads off to the unknown regions and is looking for the 'True Sith' but KOTOR II takes place five years after the events of KOTOR and Revan still has not returned? What the hell has Revan been doing all this time? So, here are some of the possibilities concerning Revan's fate...

I think the idea that he has ben captured is a good one. He probably would have returned to 'check on the Galaxy' if he was still free. If there is a KOTOR 3, I think it would be cool if you were a new character, and you had to rescue a captured Exile and Revan?

Well, I think people only know my position - whether LS or DS in K1, I think Revan is staging a civil war inside the empire of the true Sith, and in order to do so he (or she) has embraced the dark side and is now attempting the claim the title of dark lord.

He spared some world (notably Onderon) during the Mandalorian Wars, because he needed it as a later outpost in his war with the true Sith, except Malak's betrayal has ruined that plan.

If Revan ended up DS in K1, this is just an extension of his quest for power. It took a year for him to remember the threat of the true Sith after his amnesia, but once he did, he saw that as a much greater threat to his own empire than the failing republic, and so he went to conquer the greatest enemy. Once he becomes dark lord of the true Sith, he'll conquer the republic in short order. He left his companions behind, because Malak's betrayal taught him, that he cannot trust anyone else, not even Bastila.

If Revan was LS in K1, he remembered the threat of the true Sith, and that he originally embraced the dark side to stop their impending invasion. He meant to do a little evil to prevent a greater one. Instead he was seduced by the dark side and attempted to conquer the republic he had sworn to protect. Now he has no fleet, but worse, he no longer trusts himself to resist the dark side. So the only way he saw to end the threat, was to go to the true Sith empire, sacrifice himself to the dark side again, and then attempt to subvert the regime of the dark lord of the true Sith from within by starting a civil war. And he left his friends behind, because he did not want to endanger them either through the true Sith or to his own dark self as Darth Revan.

In either case, that explains where Revan is, and what he has been doing for all this time.

"Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected..."

My Reven was always an assassin, so I picked this...

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I personally think that Revan is dead. We know that about one year after the Jedi Civil War Revan heads off to the unknown regions and is looking for the 'True Sith' but KOTOR II takes place five years after the events of KOTOR and Revan still has not returned? What the hell has Revan been doing all this time? So, here are some of the possibilities concerning Revan's fate...

i personally hope revan is dead. :rolleyes:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Being dead would make the most sense.

I dont think there is any benifit in dragging out the old companions (and paying for their VO's) as well as having new companions and having to pay them as well.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

the bottom line is that Revan must have a fate. while it would be tempting to just leave him dangling out there, it would also be really lame (KOTOR becomes Charlie's Angels and Revan is "Charlie") and terrible for the franchise, not to mention for the continuity writers.

no, he cannot be playable and he cannot be left unresolved. that leaves two options:

1) his fate is revealed via dialogue (i.e. he died on such and such a planet).

2) he is a major, scripted character.

I, personally, think option 1 is the safest bet but the least satisfying. Option 2 holds the most promise if they implement it right. And that would mean Revan is one of the heros who, along with the PC, saves the day. It would also mean letting the player determine Revan's previous alignment, gender, love interest, graphical sprite, etc if the player wants....you don't want to ambush the newbie with this stuff either.

Key factor is that the new PC gets to save the day and dosnt just become an appendage to the NPCs.

I wouldnt want to spend 40 hours playing the game and then have Revan and the Exile pop up and save the day. That would not be in the least bit satisfying.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I believe that Revan is on a fact finding mission, gathering information in an attempt to find out the best way to deal with these Sith.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I thought revan ascended somehow ? The game says he doesn't need his ship to travel in truesith space.

No, it just says that he no longer needed it once he got there. Indeed, the Ebon Hawk *was* there. If you set Revan to LS, Carth will tell you that wherever Revan went, the Ebon Hawk has been there as well. That's why navi-computer is locked - because Revan told T3 to lock it so that no one could follow him (or her).

Revan is alive and should be in KOTOR III as a PC along with The Exile. It could be very easy to combine the two story lines by having Revan stranded on a planet where an ancient Sith temple or something was since 1. Then after The Exile won in number 2 he/she followed Revan to the same planet trying to find The True Sith as well. There they met join forces and you swap back and forth between the two playing both of them for the rest of the game. Adding another character wouldn't make much sense when you already have two heroes who's stories aren't finished yet. There are a lot of games out there where you are the same character over and over again which are good games. But whatever way they do it I think they have to address what happened to both the Exile and Revan in the third one as both characters where kinda left hanging in the first two games.

Revan is alive and should be in KOTOR III as a PC along with The Exile. It could be very easy to combine the two story lines by having Revan stranded on a planet where an ancient Sith temple or something was since 1. Then after The Exile won in number 2 he/she followed Revan to the same planet trying to find The True Sith as well. There they met join forces and you swap back and forth between the two playing both of them for the rest of the game. Adding another character wouldn't make much sense when you already have two heroes who's stories aren't finished yet. There are a lot of games out there where you are the same character over and over again which are good games. But whatever way they do it I think they have to address what happened to both the Exile and Revan in the third one as both characters where kinda left hanging in the first two games.

Great so we have a level 30 something Exile and a level 20 Revan.

Which games are those ?

478327[/snapback]

Well seeing that the True Sith are supposedly more powerful (I'm assuming) you'd have to continue to progress your abilities to combat them so there'd have to be new levels, new powers, and new classes. After all there's really no end to how high of a mastery of the force a person could have. I mean in episode three the emperor talked about Sith who could defy death so how long do you think they had to train to do that? And if the force could do that then there's unlimited possibilities to what you could learn to do with it and there for unlimited levels you could achieve.

Edit: And as to what games are popular that your the same character over and over again Tomb Raider for one and I'm sure theres more but I can't think of them.

Edited by Darth Exile

"Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected..."

My Reven was always an assassin, so I picked this...

DN

"Reven"?

yes he can be playable.......

No, we have already played Revan and Exile, i dont want to be playing them again - and i also thing people dont want to do that either, we need something new.

Key factor is that the new PC gets to save the day and dosnt just become an appendage to the NPCs.

I wouldnt want to spend 40 hours playing the game and then have Revan and the Exile pop up and save the day. That would not be in the least bit satisfying.

But then, having Revan and Exile pop up dead, just dead with no description on how or anything herioc about them, would even be more, least satisfying

If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord

lets not start getting into Kotor 3, when we have no idea if its even comming out yet.

Yes, they both should be in kotor3 if there is a kotor3, but the fact is that as already mentioned, we have already played them it would be repetitive, they should be party members or something, we need a whole new character entirely, revan and exile, should either be:

A) party members

B) NPC's just a glimpse of, like in kotor2 how the exile met revan.

just comming along, (as a new character i hope, but someone of significance) and finding revan, would be a but stupid, no one has been able to find revan for years, and just someone comming along and finding him would be a bit odd. maybe halfway through the game, we should find him, or see him.

and who knows, kotor3 might not even be after the exile period, but the mandalorian wars (which would be cool) we dont know anything about it, and the fact that it may not even come out

Revan is alive and should be in KOTOR III as a PC along with The Exile. It could be very easy to combine the two story lines by having Revan stranded on a planet where an ancient Sith temple or something was since 1. Then after The Exile won in number 2 he/she followed Revan to the same planet trying to find The True Sith as well. There they met join forces and you swap back and forth between the two playing both of them for the rest of the game. Adding another character wouldn't make much sense when you already have two heroes who's stories aren't finished yet.

Great so we have a level 30 something Exile and a level 20 Revan.

Yes, that's precisely the problem. If KotOR wasn't based on the d20 system of experience levels, then this wouldn't such a huge problem, but the fact is that it is. Whatever K3 is, it must give the player an experience of progress and achievement, and that means beginning at level 1. The only way you can do that with either Revan or the Exile is to reset their levels *AGAIN*, and I really don't want that :)

I want them in there as playable characters, but until a new main character has achieved a level of experience that is level 20+, which means they will become available only rather late in the game.

Oh, and Revan shouldn't be level 20. He's been out there fighting the true Sith for five years now. He should be well above level 30 if not 40! I'd leave the Exile around 30 to 35, though, since you can easily finish K2 around level 27 if not sooner.

I have taking this one:

If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord

Revan will always take the throne

Edited by LordRevan

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''