Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

That's a nice feature, letting you change once. Reading the brief manual, also nice you can buy for sale houses now, instead of finding some empty house to dump everything in, lol.

I suspect I'll probably wander and explore more than 'play'...like I did w/MW. The install screens are pretty. :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Better have an excellent system, or it's not going to look all that good.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Excellent? No...but it's not crap. The vid card's a little older tho (nvidia 6200 I think), and still AGP, so I won't have top of the line texture smoothing and all that tech mumbo jumbo, no. But I suspect it'll still look good.

edit - the rest of my pc meets or exceeds the 'recommended' specs tho

...damn that's one long install....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I hope it runs well and looks good for ya. Yes, the install is a pain in the backside. :wub:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm on 1280x960, most settings 'on' and middling vid card quality settings and it looks/runs fine so far...I'm not outside yet tho...and I'm not as picky as, say, Kaftan. :D

Question, do the skills that you increase in the tutotrial dungeon stick with you when you leave it? Or am I wasting my time increasing my sneak skill while away from the PC by abusing the system...I heard they fixed the stacking, broken alchemy, apparently didn't alter the sneak one tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Bah...enough abusing the system...(I can switch to my 2nd puter and websurf while listening to my sneaking footsteps, haha)...just wanted to see if one still could. lol Gotta get outside so I can see all the pretty stuff and see how it looks w/my old video card.

I suspect I won't get really far into the 'plot' - I just like messing around with things.

Two things I notice...I don't like the interface quite as much as MW - it seems more clunky, even if it's a bit more streamlined. In FP I tend to flail away at a monster before they're in range, because they apparently can hit me before my eyes tell me they should be able to so better safe than sorry. Disorienting, guess I'll get used to it, but it didn't feel that way so much in MW. 3rd person looks better to me but hard to taget stuff that way. Anyway, back to the game to get out of this bloody starter dungeon.

Edited by LadyCrimson

For those wondering, the below is what my game looks like in the dungeon. Shrunk from 1280, obviously. In screenshots it looks a bit jaggedy around her neckline but in-game it's not noticable really. Not bad I think considering the bottleneck that's my vid card. I'm always behind on the video, heh. Haven't had any performance issues using Bloom/4AA/4AF, going to try higher ones next. I tried HDR but it chugged like a mo'fo so back to Bloom it was (I don't even know what those things mean...bah)...

I still haven't gotten outside, that's one long intro level, and I'm tired.

Reading back in the thread a little, for reference, the Print Screen key didn't work until I edited the ini file in the MyDocuments folder, not just the ProgramFiles one. Or maybe it has to be both, I don't know, didn't check that. But I've been using Fraps (bmps), like Hades - I tend to like 3rd party screenshot programs better than PrintScreen for some reason.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Well I started to chug in the towns...still playable, but I turned off AA/AF in order to stay in 1280. I think I'm going to run out and buy a 6800 card while I still can. Hah.

I spent about 15 minutes after waking up trying to chase a deer in the forest and take a 'picture' of it...yup...very cool. I'm not sure I like the new persuasion mini-game tho. :D

Performace in dungeons is not representative for outside performance. For your enjoyment some reference I made. Cutting all the grass makes wonders for performance though and also makes it alot easier viewing those #%#@$%@ monsters. For some odd reason a small (like 2%) increase of indoor shadows made 60FPS 10FPS though... turned it back quickly...weird.

Inside: 60FPS

Outside: 20FPS then

Only the my documents is needed (note: No AA on when you want to use it)

And it seems to me skills reset when you pick your class. Because I also abused the stealth on that blind tutorial troll thingie and got a flat out 20 (while I leveled to 33) when I got my "Hunter" class... :wacko:

And yes; alot of enemies have a far larger attackrange than you. That especially sucks when you try to retaliate from an attack and hit...air. Even if the distance was the same. I usually just try to stand "in" them. Ofcourse they sometimes then "glide through me (apparently I am not solid...)" which is annoying and gives them a few free hits :-

PS. Anybody knows how to use the Shield Block Attack you get at lvl 75 Block?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

That's one hot-looking dummer, btw. :)

Yeah, kudos for working out how to draw a good character. :thumbsup:

:o Its the first Oblivion character Ive seen that wasnt uglier than a baboons rear end!!

Mine looks alright from certain angles but is still quite ugly. Not to mention the rather distasteful, anorectic look of the female body model.

Oblivion2.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My pal made the awesomest wood elf chick since the head mods for Morrowind, but vampirism totally killed her looks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Violence above beauty and love...

"MAKE WAR NOT LOVE" -ESRB (Especially Stupid Retarded Bodybaglovers)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't like the grass off, it makes the flat CGI ground look terrible, no matter how great the rest of it looks, and I don't like it, loses immersion. :(

I found that turning off the Bloom/HDR but leaving things like water/distance/drawing effects on etc. worked to give me an almost playable sensation while still looking pretty decent at 1280, just with non-smooth edges and lack of that soft 'glow' on everything. I just can't play in 1024 anymore..but I still bought a card.

As to the female faces...yeah I spent an hour on her face I think. I turned her age to not quite the minimum, that helped. The rest didn't look right until I started making the cheek/chin adjustments while looking at the side of her face instead of head-on.

The faces are much improved, but still mostly ugly...especially when the game likes to zoom in every time you talk to an NPC...scary.

As to the female faces...yeah I spent an hour on her face I think. I turned her age to not quite the minimum, that helped. The rest didn't look right until I started making the cheek/chin adjustments while looking at the side of her face instead of head-on.

Good tip. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, I did the same thing. You should also try and choose the prettiest of the random faces and then work onwards from that. I noticed most of the faces were round and flat and had weird cheekbones, same thing with big jaws. Correcting those is a good start.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The 'day/night' cycle is, if anything, even shorter than in MW. I find this really annoying if you're more the explorer type than a 'just finish the game' type. Supposedly you can alter the ratio around via the console, haven't tried it yet, I just might.

Someone mentioned the tutorial skill gains not staying with him - just thought I'd mention they stuck for me, I entered the 'world' as a Journeyman sneaker. You probably got glitched or something.

Finally, I'm curious what y'alls preference is for the main/minor skill in relation to leveling up. By that I mean, do you like your preferred often used skills to be minor, so they don't affect your leveling up process and hence you can explore longer before the monsters start getting harder etc, or do you like the monster scaling to go up as fast as possible? I always liked to do the first option. :p