Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Overpriced and crappy performance no thanks. 

I'll upgrade soon, but I don't have the money right now.  Once I pay back my dad I'll have a lot more cashflow.

How's that overpriced and crappy? :blink:

I'm getting smooth play with everything on max. The game's a hog to begin with and FPS like that are what everybody could, and should be aiming for.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's workin' fine for me. And mine has 6x, mkreku...why...I don't know.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Patch? What patch? Why is a patch necessary? :blink:

ATi just released another driver update (Catalyst 6.3), as well.

6.3 were released quiet a bit before Oblivion, they aren't optimized for it. I'm sure 6.4 (which are due any time this month) will be though (for the latest series ATI cards most likely too..).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well I'm getting 25-40 FPS on all the highest settings, with HDR and 6xAA/16xAF enabled.  :p

Thats strange, you shouldnt be able to run both HDR and AA simultaneously.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well fist change graphic cards, to enjoy the good artistic level of the game, and stop the slowdowns during combat, that's a big no no. Read everything about mods you can, you are going to use them, either for small fixes or get better textures, or in case you're underwhelmed with the game like me to try to fix it.

Wait for the beta patch that is coming soon, i already had 6 CTDs, breaking all the records in my comp *sigh*, maybe you could wait for the final patch though, that would be wiser.

Then get the game and if you're lucky you'll enjoy it, if not there are always ways of swapping it, or sell it through e-bay :p

Thats strange, you shouldnt be able to run both HDR and AA simultaneously.

No, that's only true if you choose Nvidia. ATI has hardware support for both HDR and FSAA simultaneously.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Okay, question for mkreku and other players who've gotten forward:

I'm level 20, and I'm at the following junctures:

Dark Brotherhood -> Just completed Purification.

Thieves Guild -> Just met Gray Fox.

Mages Guild -> Just did a couple of quests for Traven (I think the last one was rescue his spy), tells me to wait.

Main Quest -> Martin needs an artifact for Camoran's Paradise. Got Azura's Star but maybe I'll get another.

Pretty much explored about 30-40 dungeons. I like the DB/Thief quests especially, but it's all falling a bit routine. To be expected? Or is there anything round the corner. I may wait for some good mods to restart and get a properly designed character going.

Edited by Tigranes

I liked the final Thieves guild quests a lot. They were cool, although a bit too easy to foresee. I haven't done much in the Mages guild yet, but I've read Eldar saying that the final mage quests were cool. The main quest was kind of.. dull. I would leave that until you feel like you want to finish the game, because it really doesn't take very long.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sounds like what I expected, thanks.

Although the game seems to have a lot more dungeon-grinding left in it, I haven't really found any 'special' items indicative of the highest levels.

On the bugs front:

LOADS of issues on the AI, physics (who are basically... broken; with all the flying stuff 24/7) and Quest-front...

Altough most of this IS minor and only causes immersion breaking and funny occassions :ermm:

For the major issues... largely dependant on your system. Overheating or any other issues (directX, drivers etc.) will be punished SEVERLY. Only had a few rare CTD's (nothing to worry about) and 2 Blue Screens of Death (needing special req. almost never met...) so it is also pretty quite there. Ofcourse I haven't logged in that many hours yet

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Most likely because you don't meet AI or physics :D

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The weirdest AI moment was yesterday. I had a mission to liberate some rather nasty things from a dungeon guarded by humans. I sneak in and locate the cells but theres a guard there and Im not good enough at sneaking to lockpick them while sneaking so I was about to give up when the guard, after staring at a wall for 5min, suddenly goes up to a cell and unlocks it, whereupon the prisoners rush out and kill him and all the other guards in the dungeon.

WTF?!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "