M4-78 Restoration Project: WIP!!

How can I view those files' content?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere on the boards of the SLRP website that the guys making M4-78 were discussing about the project's future... This is a huge disappointment for me since they might give up anytime...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Yes, but some response or post from the team would be nice. Doesn't help that the website doesn't seem to be working.

I was really looking forward to this, along with the Restoration Project. Totally would have gone out and gotten a copy of KotOR II again (sold back my old one a long time ago).

Heck, I think I'll get one anyways because of the Restoration Project. At least that's still going...

My apologies:

Well, many apologies to both my team-mates and to the followers of this mod but I cannot any longer find the time to hammer away at this project. My work load is much greater than it once was and to be quite frank, I'm a little tired of KotOR II modding. Both the project and life are too much to juggle for me, and (obviously) I chose my life over the project.

Apologies once more to everyone.

I cannot speak for the team as... I left it, heh. I'm just too busy and I really do want to move onto other things.

If this thread is to be dormant until one of the team updates it, I would recommend "unstickifying" it :p.

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

• 2 weeks later...

I large reason for failure is all the added time between the start and the finnish. It opens the door for something to go wrong. TSLRP is getting lots of fan fare for sticking with it. It deserves it, all the added time is rough. If they drag it out for too much longer then it will get the same problems that are draging this one down.

Having some one stand over your sholder telling you to hurry is a dreaded thing in most ppls eyes. But it happends to be a must have to survive. Not everyting needs it but those that don't most often fail. You will notice in the TSLRP thread that the ppl have been doing this very thing. The project feels it. Their line of "It will be finished when it is done" is by no means helping anyone and is an effort to fight it. The loader they say this line, the more they feel it. Like it or not the presure to reach the goal is important and it looks like this one is laking it. That some ppl use this as an excuse to fall short of the goal is a personal matter they need to sort out.

You guys need one person to say "I will get this done" then he needs to organize and push the others. The ppl that say "I will not take the all this pushing" are not bad ppl. But they will not be the reason for it having gotten done eather. It is the purpose that drives, it is the purpose crying out loader than any destrations that alows you to reach your goal.

This is a deep message, but I want you to make it as a pjt too. If there is still a porpose to complete this pjt then I hope this will give you guys a good reason to relight the flame of your purpose and bring it back to life.

Good luck :-

Edited by Watchman

• 2 weeks later...
Disappearing websites are annoying...

No solution at this point. You can still download things via the direct links:

Voice Over tests

Korriban

Can someone tell me how to use those files, please?

Concerning the project's future, why doesn't the team try to recruit new members? How far has the team gone in its work? 50% or less? If it's the former, it would be a waste to give up when you have half of the work done... :(

• 5 weeks later...

Voice Over tests

Korriban

Concerning the project's future, why doesn't the team try to recruit new members? How far has the team gone in its work? 50% or less? If it's the former, it would be a waste to give up when you have half of the work done... :teehee:

This game is aging. There is almost no community left. Untill a third game is released, people will drop their interest in KotOR II.

Edited by DarthMethos

Is there anything unskilled people could do? Heck, I'd even be willing to try to learn to mod. Whatever it takes; it just seems pretty sad that with so much progress, the project would be dropped. And there is a fanbase. I can think of four people off the top of my head (not forum-posters, people I know in real life) who are eagerly waiting for this. Some of them are a lot more skilled than I am (doesn't take much. :happy:), and they'd probably be willing to help out if they could.

Is there hope, or is it already dead?

According to their official forum at teamGizka it's already dead :'(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Voice Over tests

Korriban

Concerning the project's future, why doesn't the team try to recruit new members? How far has the team gone in its work? 50% or less? If it's the former, it would be a waste to give up when you have half of the work done... :(

This game is aging. There is almost no community left. Untill a third game is released, people will drop their interest in KotOR II.

Indeed, Kotor isn't like NWN

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that it's a shame that this had to come to pass. I really hoped there could be a Restoration effort both by Team Gizka and Team Bantha, I guess someone else has to pick up TB's work unless they do it themselves sometime in the future. :'(

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

K.I.A.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee