Oblivion

Dyan

Worth getting the collectors ed over the normal one?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Worth getting the collectors ed over the normal one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get a life

So which version would you guys & gals recommend. Currently I happen to have the regular edition (I got it today - very belated birthday gift from the family because they didn't have the special ed in the shop...) - I wonder if I should send it back and order the special ed off line.

Is there much of a difference?

Are the 'features'

# Collector's Edition Includes These Exclusive Materials:

# Septim Gold Coin: An authentic replicated Septimcoin, the official currency of Tamriel

# Pocket Guide to the Empire

# 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it's people, provinces, and much more!

# Making of Oblivion Documentary: DVD of a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the game.

- Really worth it?

What do you all think? Should I just stick with this copy or get the collector's ed?

Cheers in advance,

D.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I'd say it's worth it if you're a collector. :|

But I don't buy games to collect them. I buy them to play them, so for me, no, it would not be worth it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

# Pocket Guide to the Empire is the same as

# 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it's people, provinces, and much more!

:blink:"

For an additional $10,- it is worth it. If you have to turn in your copy for less than retail price (thus making the difference higher) not

EDIT; Does the "normal version" has that map too?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Get the Collector's Edition. You get a real, metal Septim included! ;))

Septim is the currency in Tamriel, the land where Oblivion plays out..

Edit: Oops, didn't notice you already had written out the pros :blink:

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The collectors edition is really nice.

The book is especially interesting (although they are no way my favourite games I've been playing them since Arena).

The coin is really cool, it looks like a proper coin.

Don't know about the DVD I havnt watched it yet.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

# Pocket Guide to the Empire is the same as

:blink:"

For an additional $10,- it is worth it. If you have to turn in your copy for less than retail price (thus making the difference higher) not

EDIT; Does the "normal version" has that map too?

*shrug* copied it off amazon... ;)

And... I'd forgotten that they might bring out a GOTY edition... hmm...

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I bought the Collector's Edition of Morrowind. On import. Most expensive game I've ver bought o:)

Biggest disappointment also.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have a copy of the Collector's Edition and the regular Edition. I also bought the strat guide.

The Collector's Edition has a big coin inside. total awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I decided not to as the normal edition was

Oblivion isnt the kind of game ID want a C.E of but if you like fluff then go ahead, the PC C.E is actually cheapert than the 360 regular version

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The Big Coin beats Ice Dice any day. o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So does the normal version includes a map too? I notice it isn't on the "extra list", but it does come in the extra's "tab" of the CE-box...

And I will repeat again; coin is the least interesting thingie of all extra's. I just hope CrashGirl isn't serious (sarcasm detector busted, so I have NO idea of the seriousness of the previous comment o:) )...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So does the normal version includes a map too? I notice it isn't on the "extra list", but it does come in the extra's "tab" of the CE-box...

And I will repeat again; coin is the least interesting thingie of all extra's. I just hope CrashGirl isn't serious (sarcasm detector busted, so I have NO idea of the seriousness of the previous comment  o:) )...

Yes, the regular version has a lovely map.

You're just jealous of my Big Coin. :)

And I will repeat again; coin is the least interesting thingie of all extra's. I just hope CrashGirl isn't serious (sarcasm detector busted, so I have NO idea of the seriousness of the previous comment  o:) )...

Yes - there's a map here :)

Edit: Opps, didn't see Crashgirl's post. My bad.

Edited by Dyan

Imperial Septim Coin

An authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.

Its authentic AND replictaed. How cool is that.

Envy my Coin. o:)

CE cost the same as online as the regular one did from the store. When I get around to it I have to return the original for a refund. I dont need two copies of Oblivion.

I'm trying to come up with some way to display the coin. It's that good.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]