Do YOU Want a PNP?

Do you want a PNP?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a PNP?

• Yes
    • N0

One thing we need to ensure is that people aren't just going 'me too! i wanan play!!!' without actually be willing to honor the commitment. Therefore I suggest that everyone on the list be requested to reply to this thread (yay or nay to the proposed schedules) within 24-48 hrs.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I want to play, haven't got to play pnp properly before but throw me a lot of stuff to read and I'll be sure to stock up on some background stuff. :p

I am fine with (all times on EST:)

Friday 00:00 -> 19:00

Saturday 03:00 -> 17:00 and 22:00 -> Foreva.

Hm, now that I think of it, my GMT+12 zone does screw me out of some decent times. >.< Tell me if that is too crappy for everyone else, I think it might be.

Sounds like Fridays would *probably* be better for you. Depends on what the 'official' times will be. I'll put you on Friday for now.

Friday:

Eldar

Llyranor

Nick

Tigranes

Role-Player

Deadly Nightshade

Blank

Saturday:

metadigital

Musopticon?

Baley

Fenghuang

Archmonarch

LoneWolf16

Bolded names are confirmed.

As for what to read, go through the main ones here http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35 and use this as a reference http://www.dmreference.com/SRD/

Hadescopy.jpg

Thanks Llyranor.

Reading all of dmreference.com link, then will look at the other one. Just need to find out what is different from CRPGs, mainly.

I think the major difference will be in combat, where you'll have to actively participate instead of having the computer calculate everything for you. Therefore, things you'd really have to know about would be about your character specifically. Attack rolls, saving throws, bonuses, feats, skills and such. The DM would likely tell you when to roll which kind, so having a quick reference of how much you add to your roll would be useful. The OpenRPG program allows you to do that on the fly, so if you'd type something like D6+4, it'd do it automatically for you.

You'd also need to know about the combat basics, especially since things work differently. The basics of magic as well, especially if you're a spellcaster.

Hadescopy.jpg

Oh, hell. Forget it. I barely (In other words, I'm lost) understand the basics involved in PnP, having gone through some of the links. The opportunity to RP, in an of itself, is what initially grabbed my attention...I didn't really consider that there'd be more to it than what I'm used to.

I'm dumb.

I'd be more a hinderance to you guys than anything else, so I'll have to sit this out. Have fun though, everybody. Hope the scheduling works out OK. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Heh..... ok.

Eldar

Llyranor

Nick

Tigranes

Deadly Nightshade

Blank

metadigital

Musopticon?

Fenghuang

Archmonarch

jaguars4ever

LoneWolf16

Role-Player

Baley

As discussed in the Eldar thread, there's been a change of plans. This Friday session will be an initiation to PnP, more or less. All those here are invited (even freaking Lonedawg). There will be a lot of us, but we'll also be testing out reliability. It's all well and nice that you guys posted in the thread to sign up, but we also need to see some show of reliability. This is serious business, after all. This way, we can also assess whether we have enough players for 1 or 2 parties. In that sense, the less people who show up, the better <_< . If you feel you're not going to be *reliable*, don't bother. Everyone is *expected* to show up, however, unless you report an inability to do so BEFOREHAND (as have RPdude and Baley).

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

So, is a time for friday pending?

I can make friday from 14:00->24:00 (PST). Hmm, and I guess I could go anywhere from 00:00->07:00 if we had to, but Danielito is in the same time zone as me, and I don't think he'd like that.

Tigranes is also exempted from this Friday's session.

Eldar

Llyranor

Nick

Deadly Nightshade

Blank

metadigital

Musopticon?

Fenghuang

Archmonarch

jaguars4ever

LoneWolf16

Role-Player

Baley

Tigranes

Hadescopy.jpg

Deadly Nightshade and Blank are more than welcome to both Friday and Saturday. Having already cleared my schedule this Saturday, I might be there also.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The good news is that I won't be away for the weekend, so that means I'll be around the house today and the rest of the weekend. The bad news is that since it's my girlfriend who will be staying over instead I'm not going to get anywhere near my PC as I'll be barricading in my bedroom.