Do YOU Want a PNP?

Do you want a PNP?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a PNP?

• Yes
    • N0

If you are interested in starting / GMing / participating in a PnP session with fellow forumites, may I suggest determining the:

1. setting (e.g. Forgotten Realms, Call of Cthulhu, etc)
  2. rule system (GURPS, d20, etc)
  3. frequency and scope (weekly / monthly, for six / twelve months)
  4. favoured time of day and day of the week (Monday night 7pm GMT etc), and
    chat program to use (Trillian, Google, Messenger, AOL, etc)
  5. drop outs (leave them by the side of the road / running screaming from the dungeon, etc) and critical players
  6. any other suggestions.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What Spellmar's boy slave said. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I wanna play a Fallout scenario using GURPS! >_<)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

fallout_10.jpg

Sweetness. We would need a hexgrid to handle combat if we did SPECIAL though, and the action points are a bit of a hassle.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have a better idea, lets play..

Fallout

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be pretty much impossible to expect EVERYONE to show up EVERYTIME, since RL will show up once in a while. Perhaps we can have people get replaced by the DM occasionally if they can't make the session. On the other hand, we need to be somewhat strict in terms of people simply not being 'in the mood' or failing to report inabilities to attend.

For scheduling, I'd suggest Saturdays during afternoons (North American times) and evenings around Europe.

Also, we'd need, like, a DM.

Hmm, how to set this, let's see.....

Logistics-wise, we'd need about 4-6 players and a DM. In terms of setting a proper schedule, everyone would have conflicting ideals, so perhaps it'd be best to 'impose one (such as the above example) and see the general interest. If we can get the proper requirement, then it's already settled, otherwise we'll see what some people suggest in terms of modifications and adjust accordingly.

For ruleset, I guess I'm most familiar with DnD, but I'd be open to pretty much anything where I could find online resources. In any case, we're limited by the DM. Having a beginning DM might, unfortunately, not be much fun. Someone needs to know the rules of whatever setting we'll be using. So, it'll depend on who's willing to depend and what ruleset they know.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I think you guys would like one of my campaigns. I've been DMing a long time. Anyhow, I might join the fun.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

1) Do you know how to DM?

I have DMed before...

2) What rulesets have you used?

DnD...

3) How experienced are you?

Fairly...

4) Are you intelligent?

Yes...

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

^---Ass. :huh:

How do you use rules like the d20s and SPECIALs with just text? This coming from somebody who's never participated in a PnP...thing.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast