Obisidian Intelligence Test

jaguars4ever

How did I "pass myself off as something special, at the expense of others?"

I said the test proves nothing, to begin with.

Like I said, Logic is certainly not proving to be a strong point of yours.

Well, let me explain it to you step by step, shall I?

Okay, I'm glad you asked.

First you tried to make out that the test was worthless, because (see the yellow highlight to follow) "all of these can be found in 10 minutes on google or wikipedia".

Then (see orange highlight, below) you implied that, as you managed to (one presumes "google and wikipedia") 26 of the 33 questions in "ten minutes", the remaining seven answers would only take just over two-and-a-half minutes. Which is falacious, otherwise you would have spent the two-and-a-half minutes and completed 33 out of 33.

This test doesn't prove anything, really.  Except that all of these can be found in 10 minutes on google or wikipedia.

I got 26 in about 3 minutes before I got tired of it.

Then, you tried to pretend that it was such a poor test, that it was beneath you. So you didn't spend two-and-a-half minutes to finish the test because you suddenly, after ten minutes and 79% of the way through the test, decided that it "wasn't fun", and reiterated that it was "easy to complete" (see yellow highlight, below).

In order to continue something, it must be amusing.

This test was not amusing.

Therefore, I did not want to continue it.

Aside from the fact that I didn't say it was easy.  Ease of completion != compelling to complete.

So, if it was so easy to complete, why didn't you complete it?

The only LOGICAL answer is that you COULDN'T. :o

Unless you would like to prove me wrong, by completing it.

Logically.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The 1st one: 13 in about 5 minutes, the rest would give me a headache and waste too many hours of my time w/out Googling.

The 2nd one: 5 and the same

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This test doesn't prove anything, really.  Except that all of these can be found in 10 minutes on google or wikipedia.

If it's so easy, why didn't you finish it before you "got tired of it"? :o

Logic not your strong point?

Aside from the fact that I didn't say it was easy. Ease of completion != compelling to complete.

Logic doesn't seem to be yours ... >_<"

Corect my friend.

Shadowstrider's spewing with fallacies of logic, and thus his logic is strictly inferior to yours dear Mets. Not only is he confirming a false consequent, but he's also guilty of a Secundum Quid.

Yet inexplicably, his attempts to deny this failing only reinforce his comeuppance to you - his obvious better. Bad form, Shadowstrider.

No wonder he's a former mod. [/shadowstrider logic]

manthing2.jpg

First you tried to make out that the test was worthless, because (see the yellow highlight to follow) "all of these can be found in 10 minutes on google or wikipedia".

This part made sense, and was logical, but sadly, this is the only step in your timelime that does.

Then (see orange highlight, below) you implied that, as you managed to (one presumes "google and wikipedia") 26 of the 33 questions in "ten minutes", the remaining seven answers would only take just over two-and-a-half minutes. Which is falacious, otherwise you would have spent the two-and-a-half minutes and completed 33 out of 33.

Actually, I said I got 26 of the 33 in 3 minutes, and I said nothing in regards to whether or not I googled them. What I did say, as you have quoted, was that the test could be completed in 10 minute with google or wikipedia.

Your assumption that I googled them, your assertion that it took me 10 minutes, when I stated it took 3. Then you presume that I would want to dedicate more time to it, when I stated a few posts back that the test was boring.

Using your logic:

I've invested 3 minutes in minesweeper, know I could solve it in a few more, but have no interest in doing so. With all three of these being true, I "[...]would have spent the two-and-a-half minutes and completed[...]" the minesweeper game.

I already proved this wrong;

Aside from the fact that I didn't say it was easy.  Ease of completion != compelling to complete.

Then, you tried to pretend that it was such a poor test, that it was beneath you.

This is where your line of reasoning fails, yet again. Where did I say it was "beneath me?" I said it wasn't fun, so I stopped. You know, kind of like why you would quit playing a game if it wasn't fun.

So you didn't spend two-and-a-half minutes to finish the test because you suddenly, after ten minutes and 79% of the way through the test, decided that it "wasn't fun", and reiterated that it was "easy to complete" (see yellow highlight, below).

So, if it was so easy to complete, why didn't you complete it?

Since you're entire argument is flawed, your conclusion is irrelevent. It's just your interpretation of events, filled with you reading things into my posts which aren't there.

I didn't complete the test because it wasn't fun. Meaning I had things I would rather be doing. Hell, arguing with you has proven to be more enjoyable, thus why I am doing so.

Hint: People don't play games that they think are too easy.

If this test were 33 math questions, I would've completed it because it would be a good challenge for me, assuming it wasn't 2+2 = []. I've never been good at math, and enjoy the challenge of it. Then again, if the questions were 2+2 odds are I would've quit doing that eventually, as well.

As for your interpretation of the "the only logical answer." Your passive aggressive insults won't really make me react any differently. It's reminiscent of grade school.

I managed to match 25 of the patterns in the first test before I got a headache, not being native to english, us or superstitution was no help. It looks like a guessing game for kids at school with nothing to do. I'm glad that part of my life is behind me and that I actually have something to do... :thumbsup:" Not really that much, but damn that was boring.

(Signatures: disabled) 

23rd psalm of what in the Holy Bible?

C'mon somebody?

I totally suck at this, by the way. I have about 9 right, two of which I'm not sure of how it's written. No Wikoogling for me, so this might take some time. :ermm:

Edit: Not that I like to complain, but native eengleesh spakers have a considerable advantage over us foreigners. Some expressions, which may be commonplace to you are rather...hmmm...arcane to decipher for us.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I met the minimum requirements of a genius.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I feel stupid.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Now, now, it isn't your fault. You aren't American and thus you are not as intellegent. It is ok.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Gee, thanks mister pixiesliker. Now frickin' tell me what's the answer to 28 in the first test?

kirottu said:

Oh? Oh! Dead man's chest? :ermm: I think I'll sorta give up on this. 8/33.

kirottu said:

Gee, thanks mister pixiesliker. Now frickin' tell me what's the answer to 28 in the first test?

23 pairs of chromosomes in the human body.

Thanks, but metas link spoiled me already. :ermm:

kirottu said:

That took long.

kirottu said: