Where's Alderaan?

One place in which both KotOR1 and KotOR2 dropped the ball was in not including Alderaan as a playable region. In the original trilogy, Alderaan is destroyed and in the prequel trilogy we only see brief glimpses of Alderaan.

Given that both KotOR games are set in the distant past, there was a great opportunity to give fans a taste of Alderaan, and that opportunity was passed up.

Maybe because there was nothing to see on Alderan.

k1= One of core worlds, no fighting. Karath mentions like Leia in movies, that they are peaceful people. What to do with lighsabers there? (Kotors are combat based after all)

k2: Nearly same thing. One of core worlds.

Though I really hope, that we can see it or Coruscant on k3 (if there will be such)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There are many planets that would be fun to see in a Kotor-game, but if it wouldn't fit the story (how can you hide from Assassins on Alderaan?)...

And new planets are fun to see too (except if the inhabitants are annoying Selkath)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Mira at least mentions Alderaan on Malachor V...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well Dantooine plays a big role in the movies and the game so I doubt they can cut it out.

Huh?!? Where? :)

Dantooine wasn't even in the movies. We just heard Leia "betray" a rebel base there to Vader and Tarkin in order to save Alderaan from the Death Star in the original movie (Episode IV). But we later hear that the base had long since been abandoned. That's it - that's all we ever hear of Dantooine in the movies.

I agree with Benfea that I'd like to see Alderaan in KotOR. It seems just a valid a place to have in the either story as planets like Nar Shaddaa or Taris to me.

I want to see both Alderaan and Coruscant in K3, if it's ever done.

And you can add more worlds to Kot0R I (I'm not sure there are any for Kot0R II yet) with M0Ds!!! :blink:

(w00t)

Examples? :D

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have heard of Hoth and other planets mods, but I don't think there is an Aldearaan mod, yet.

Edit: another ones I remembered are the Ord Mantel and Yavin IV mod. All of the mods I mentioned are for K1

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Alderaan was the red shirt of the Star Wars planet.  Its only purpose was to show how the death star worked.

All the more reason to give it some character, so that it's not just some random name we don't have to care about.

I still think Episode I should have been set on Alderaan instead of Naboo. That would also have happily gotten those awful Gungans out of the films ;)

I'd like to see Alderaan as well, but seeing Dantooine in KotOR 2 helps me understand why the Rebels would have chosen it for their base. It's remote, no population to speak of compared to other worlds, and it would be most likely not be bothered with since all of the main databases would have long ago been moved to the Jedi Temple, so the Empire wouldn't have any interest in it. :(

Alderaan would be nice as would Kessel (Han talks about "making the Kessel Run").

Yavin 4 has tremendous potential mostly because of the EU but it was also where the rebel base was in Ep 4. Yavin 4 is temperate like Dantooine...you can have swamps, grasslands, basically anything. The neat thing about Yavin 4 is that it is a moon orbiting a red gas giant planet so the sky will always have this giant red orb up there...really neat.

The main problem with Alderaan is that it would be a lot like Coruscant...big, urban, sophisticated environment. If I had to choose between the two, it would be for Coruscant.

And I like ice worlds myself....we need a Hoth-like planet.

You have my vote, I have seen enough of Dantooine.

It always puzzled me why the Council would choose a high profile target to assemble on.

but it was important to see dantooine again, what happened to it after the bombings of it, and there is much more significance to it was well, the crystal caves, revans footsteps, the jedi enclave and finding vrook one of the msot important master in K1

Well Dantooine plays a big role in the movies and the game so I doubt they can cut it out.

it was mentioned like once - leia said in episode 4 that the rebels where on dantooine instead of alderaan

Alderaan would be nice as would Kessel (Han talks about "making the Kessel Run"). 

Yavin 4 has tremendous potential mostly because of the EU but it was also where the rebel base was in Ep 4.  Yavin 4 is temperate like Dantooine...you can have swamps, grasslands, basically anything.  The neat thing about Yavin 4 is that it is a moon orbiting a red gas giant planet so the sky will always have this giant red orb up there...really neat.

The main problem with Alderaan is that it would be a lot like Coruscant...big, urban, sophisticated environment.  If I had to choose between the two, it would be for Coruscant.

dantooine was diff. to yavin, yavin was more forrest, jungle if you will and yes like you said temperate and swampy with a bit of variety not much, similar in ways it had temples with ties to the darkside, the war with exar kun and all, it would have been good to gone there to pick up all the stuff and see who inhabited it - like the rodian on that space station said.

alderaan was, like you said a bit like coruscant and taris huge developed city, so i doubt they would have chosen alderaan - its not that significant

and an ice world wouldnt have been too bad :-

Yavin 4 has tremendous potential mostly because of the EU but it was also where the rebel base was in Ep 4.  Yavin 4 is temperate like Dantooine...you can have swamps, grasslands, basically anything.  The neat thing about Yavin 4 is that it is a moon orbiting a red gas giant planet so the sky will always have this giant red orb up there...really neat.

Yeah, it looks great as a background when Anakin fights Ventress in the Clone Wars cartoons.

But I wouldn't want it in the games, because it would invariably screw with Exar Kun being trapped there.

The main problem with Alderaan is that it would be a lot like Coruscant...big, urban, sophisticated environment.  If I had to choose between the two, it would be for Coruscant.

What the... ?!? 8):thumbsup:

Alderaan is not a city-planet like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa. It looks much more like Dantooine.

Maybe Rhen Var would be good - there is apparently jedi artifacts buried there (at least in the movies era), and it has relevance since Ulic Qel-Droma died and was buried there.

What the... ?!? 8):thumbsup:

Alderaan is not a city-planet like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa. It looks much more like Dantooine.

well if you have seen the end of episode 3 it isnt like dantooine at all, its like cloud city + a smaller version of coruscant