facing Death

Rosbjerg

have any of you tried that??

the most insane thing just happened to me last tuesday, I was skiing in Norway when I suddenly saw a rather bigh jump and decided to test myself .. which was a pretty bad idea! I flew 5 meters up in the air and landed with 50 miles/hour flat on my back ... I was tore apart!

I suffered extensive internal hemorrhaging! my muscles down my spine was shredded and so was my abdominal muscles.. in fact anything soft in the region from my neck to my lower back was bleeding.. except anything really important.. Nothing was broken and no important organs were even slightly injured! and even though the doctors was extremely worried, all the bleeding had mostly subsided within 3 days... and I was able to stand up just 4 days after the accident!

now over a week and a half later I only feel slight pain.. and I can walk again without any problems!

I'm sorry if this doesn't interest you.. but I was inches away from death and walked away without as much as a scar to show for it! and I wanted to share the fact that luck ceartinly seems to exsist!

so be alive and be glad.. who knows if you run out of luck one of these days!?

Fortune favors the bald.

And thats why I was never an active skiier even though I had a big skiresort just across the lake from where I grew up.

A friend of mine did about the thing as you did and broke both his arms.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That is certainly intense, man.

So, the question is 'has your near-death experience changed your outlook on life?'

For instance, are you going to just do whatever you want now regardless of consequence? Or take less risks?

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Well, congrats on the whole living thing, Ros. I've always been rather fond of you, so it would be a shame to have you all dead and such.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

First of all, hi Ros. Long time no see. :huh:

Secondly, damn it, what god do you worship? :x

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have a theory... Some good looking danish chick happened to come help rosberg, with her ample busom, making all the blood to go from circulation to his **** saving rosberg from serious blood loss.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Thread pruned.

Keep on topic, people.

I have had a near-death experience. It involved a big night out and a car ... which I managed to roll into a power pole ... and walk away from. Pity I only remember a few images.

Yes, it did change my attitude a lot. And for a while.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meta 1 - Derail 0

Thanks for being so quick.

Anyways, I remember, well it was far from near death, a rather gruesome experience: When I was fourteen or so, I used to be really active in this fire dept youth thing. We'd go around the town to practice on how to be firemen. Or play Sega Megadrive in the cellar. One day while I was fixing a hose that would have rolled around and trashed some equipment if it wasn't properly laid out on yard, some dope forgot to tell the others that he was letting pressure to the pipe. The water rushed though it and made the hose hard as concrete and my hand was still in the middle of it, trying to find the section where the next part of the line would be rigged to. Well, long story short, water came, I snapped my hand out of the roll just in time and the hose grinded my glove to smithereens.

I was kinda...relieved.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Pretty ****ed up Ros. That's one of the reasons I don't like skiing myself, know a couple of guys with backs torn to shreds due to accidents such as yours.

So, not even an ache in your back or anything? :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yes, it did change my attitude a lot. And for a while.

A semi lost a tire in front of me doing 70ish (the speed of surrounding traffic, wasn't being reakless) into Chicago. Long story short, I didn't have a chance to do anything but hit it. Came out fine but it bruised up my heel somehow.

I just went out drinking. I almost got rid of the bike tho. almost.

I was driving home from the army one night, after being out 12 days in a row in the woods. I was alone in the car, it was late at night and the stupid thing didn't have a stereo. The gas pedal was very sensitive so when I finally fell asleep, the weight of my foot put the "pedal to the metal" by itself. When I hit the first tree (the one that woke me up) I was going 130 km/h (it was a slow car, luckily), and let me tell you: that's not a good way to wake up. Around 30 meters further into the forest a huge pine tree stood waiting for me, and that's where the car finally stopped. Abruptly.

The reason I lived was because a) I was wearing my seatbelt and b) the initial forest (closest to the road) was young, meaning the trees were very thin and were "cut off" by the speeding car. Around 20-30 trees got stuck on the nose of the car and acted kind of like a pillow for when I hit that big pine. By then, I'm guessing my speed was down to perhaps 50 km/h. It still hurt like hell.

The only thing I got to show for that insane trip into the woods was a two inch wide blue bruise going over my chest exactly where my seatbelt was positioned when I hit the last tree. It disappeared within two weeks. By the way, when I examined the path made by the car through the young forest, I noticed that the first trees were cut off around one meter from the ground. So basically the car had been airborn at one time (the forest was in a slope). Neat, huh? :huh:)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!