KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

more "non-lethal" options for the LS player.

REAL bounty hunting (excellent side quest)...not "contract killings".

HOLDING CELL on the Ebon Hawk (perhaps an optional upgrade).

the ability to CAPTURE and DETAIN and turn over to the AUTHORITIES.

more non-lethal WEAPONS (like a high-end stun gun that lays you out for an hour) and things like FLASHBANG grenades and SLEEPING GAS grenades.

guns that shoot NETS, etc.

more "non-lethal" options for the LS player.

REAL bounty hunting (excellent side quest)...not "contract killings".

HOLDING CELL on the Ebon Hawk (perhaps an optional upgrade).

the ability to CAPTURE and DETAIN and turn over to the AUTHORITIES.

more non-lethal WEAPONS (like a high-end stun gun that lays you out for an hour) and things like FLASHBANG grenades and SLEEPING GAS grenades.

guns that shoot NETS, etc.

Not a bad idea IMO

Master Vandar lives!

Bounty hunting would be awesome. But strange for a Jedi/Sith.

We don't have to let the PC go bounty hunting with bounty hunter weapons when a Party member could handle this.

If a Jedi needs to capture a target alive he/she would stasis an opponent.

Besides, how strange is it for a Jedi to go swoop racing and play pazaak?

Master Vandar lives!

Bounty hunting would be awesome. But strange for a Jedi/Sith.

We don't have to let the PC go bounty hunting with bounty hunter weapons when a Party member could handle this.

If a Jedi needs to capture a target alive he/she would stasis an opponent.

Besides, how strange is it for a Jedi to go swoop racing and play pazaak?

I thought the GenoHaradan quests in K1 were among the best sidequests, with a good payoff (some pretty cool gear and a neat backstory) ... they were a good diversion from the main quest.

After all that praise, I'm not really a fan of Jedi/Sith bounty hunting ...

Now, a Jedi "bounty hunting" - especially if it involves killing for money - doesn't make much sense ... I like the idea of non-lethal means to capture a target, but the idea of capturing someone for nothing but profit has me a bit worried ... if there were some higher good served, perhaps.

A Sith, on the other hand, should have more important things to concern himself with than tracking down targets for crime lords.

As far as Jedi/Sith swoop racing and playing pazaak ... it's a nice diversion, but doesn't make much sense either.

I would like to see in kotor 3 is when you go over to the dark side you don't become old an pale.  Maybe you could have yellow eyes instead like anakin did in star wars episode 3.

Ain't gonna happen. Ugly = Evil is canon in the Star Wars universe.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

whether you use "stun guns" and such things for your PC is up to you.  I'm just saying they should be part of the gameplay universe.

in ANH, they had guns that could be "set for stun" that pretty much laid you out in one blast.

That was just the standard issue Imperial Blaster Rifle. For Jedi it would maybe be all right to use Stasis to capture your targets.

Master Vandar lives!

whether you use "stun guns" and such things for your PC is up to you.  I'm just saying they should be part of the gameplay universe.

in ANH, they had guns that could be "set for stun" that pretty much laid you out in one blast.

That was just the standard issue Imperial Blaster Rifle. For Jedi it would maybe be all right to use Stasis to capture your targets.

All the weapons of Boba Fett and anyone from the movies is 4000 years after KotOR. It's not unreasonable to except the technology to have advanced in between, and that it is therefore more limited in KotOR games.

All the weapons of Boba Fett and anyone from the movies is 4000 years after KotOR. It's not unreasonable to except the technology to have advanced in between, and that it is therefore more limited in KotOR games.

true, except it doesn't work that way in Star Wars. In this franchise, there is very little in the way of technological advancement.

technology is more or less a constant.

the Death Star, of course, is an exception.

true, except it doesn't work that way in Star Wars. In this franchise, there is very little in the way of technological advancement.

technology is more or less a constant.

the Death Star, of course, is an exception.

Actually, I don't think so.

For example, we see fairly limited amounts of starfighter combat, which is probably because Lucas didn't want to give the impression that the technology of the past was more advanced than in the original trilogy. The star destroyers (particularly the huge ones like the Executor or Eclipse) are another obvious sign of this - the Republic had nothing like this, and even those we see in toward the end of the prequels are babies compared the real star destroyers. The starfighters are frequently also obvious "retro"-versions of those in the original trilogy. For example, Obi-Wan's starfighter in Ep. II looks like a cross between an A-Wing and the form of a star destroyer, Obi-Wan's and Anakin's starfighters in Ep. III looks like early TIE Fighters, and their support fighters like very early and poor X-Wings.

This is even true in the KotOR era. Try looking at the ships in the Tales of the Jedi comics, and you'll note that some of them have a distinct "ancient" look compared to the slick design of the original trilogy. For example the Nebulon Ranger, which looks far more like a "piece of junk" than the Millennium Falcon ever could, or the Colossus Wasps. Or you could go back another 1000 years and see how ancient Naga Sadow's fleet looked, complete with its floating eyeball...

It's only the KotOR games that messes this up.

It's only the KotOR games that messes this up.

Yes, I think it messes up, just for gameplay and engine reasons.

Energy and Melee shields

Stealth field generators

the Ebon Hawk

the Leviathan

All melee weapons are equipped with Cortosis weaves

the Star Forge

How about all those technological droid stuff on Nar Shaddaa and Goto's yacht, the cloaking device.

But yeah, it is screwed up allready so why don't they improve it.

Hmm, now I remember seeing Stealth field generators way back in Battlestar Galactica, never in Star Wars.

That's where they stole it from :-

Master Vandar lives!

one suggestion I remember from several months ago was to have it so where the PC addresses the Senate...I think that would be great and this would be a good time to do it since there, essentially, is no Jedi Order right now.  so any Force Sensitive could, conceivably, gain the attention of the government.

have it so where you can steer the Senate in the right direction (LS) or wrong direction (DS) and with the potential to succeed or fail with either attempt.

Why not have a secondary PC who is a Senator (who you can name and everything)? I was including one in my K3 story... He (or she) eventually comes across T3-M4 and buys him from a droid vendor.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I wrote the exact same thing 10 threads ago. No luck.

This is against the thread policy anyway and will get deleted. Just so you know.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not to outquote you, but where does the quote from your sig come from? I think I've seen it just recently, but can't place it now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not to outquote you, but where does the quote from your sig come from? I think I've seen it just recently, but can't place it now.

Kreia tells that to Atris in KotOR 2 IIRC.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy