New NWN 2 Article @ Computer Gaming mag

Rhomal

As promised I hunted down a copy of CG magazine. The bad news is the edition we posted about yesterday was not on the stands yet. The good news it the current issue had a one page (more or less) spread on the NWN 2 toolset!

Lot's of NEW information, but I will, for our new community members repeat existing tidbits.

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=794

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

No dialogue loops? >_< You mean we'll actually have to pay attention during the dialogue? It'd better be worth it.

Water physics means splashes and ripples, right?

I think it's time to accept the horselessness of NWN2 and move on.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm sure you'll be able to reset the dialogue, to read it all again, if necessary. (Well, I hope so ... even the old text adventures do that.)

Water Physics means refractions (vertex shading) and reflections (pixel shading) for water-covered surfaces. Also it might include slowing movement through a river. :)

Horsies will be there, just as Ornks.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

New Ferret crafting interview posted... see the front page for gory details.

Sounds MMOG-ish with D&D mixed in. Very interesting...

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Crafting sounds good overall; but no experience point cost for it? BOOO! There should be a cost outside of gold/items to craft powerful magical items.

Not good; not good at all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why should crafting cost experience points?

This game sounds great...

I want to buy it.

But there are two things I'm dreading...

1. The wounds of Neverwinter Nights OC run deep... I don't want this game to play like it!

2. This game will be buggy upon release.

Because it's supposed to be a part of the 'empowering process'. Crafting magic items is not as simple as typic of crafting a normal weapon for example. It takes a part of the creator to empower it... this is illustrated by the loss of experience points. It's also why the more powerful the item; the more xp it takes. It's for the same reason certain powerful spells cost experience points to cast. The process drains the catser or item creator.

That's why.

P.S. The OC was good. Better than 90% of the trash that passes for RPGs that's for sure.

P.S.S. NWN's gameplay is amongst the best ever for RPGs. Only the FOs, IE games, Ultima, and a few others match up with it in this area, and the IE games are lacklustre in comaprison due to the lack of game play options.

P.S.S.S. There'll be bugs; but I doubt it will be that bad.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.