The bravest woman in the middle east

Meshugger

I do not go by belief, but what I know.  Does God exist, yes.  Do I worship him?  F**k no.

Okay. You're an empirical rationalist from what you say, yet believe in God. So what evidence do you have that "proves" God exists to you?

Well the Intelligent design think tank would say the complexity of this universe is proof enough Mothman. But i agree with you for once mothman, there is no empirical evidence for god, only rational, which can be logical, but based on a false premise.

just because you believe something doesn't mean its true.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

It's good she gave voice but a shame she will not around for too much longer for her actions.

"Nail that sticks out, gets hammered."

What do you mean by that?

When someone sticks up for others, against a powerful force like a government, they will usually get themselves into trouble. By being silenced by any means necessary.

Ok. I thought it was something along the lines of

"Sledgehammer

A heavy hammer ostensibly used for construction. Great for getting that song out of somebody's head, as well as anything else inside."

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Well the Intelligent design think tank would say the complexity of this universe is proof enough Mothman. But i agree with you for once mothman, there is no empirical evidence for god, only rational, which can be logical, but based on a false premise.

That's fine. But just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it's not true. :(

That's fine. But just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it's not true. :(

You are absolutely correct. :-

Myspace Website!

My rig

What i find funny about Hades is that he loathes extremists espicially religious ones yet that's *exactly* what he is.. an extremist, and his religion is one of hate. Very scary!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hurray for Volourn!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, it just depends on your opinion of what a "good job" is, and what your personal goals and beliefs are.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Thats redundant though, really what do you think?

In my opinion he was very rude, and the sad part is he represents a large portion of muslims that actually do think and talk like that, not that all muslims do of course. And not that Many Christians and hedonists like myself are that rude too. This woman hit it right on the head when she said islam has to ask itself what it can do for humanity before humanity accepts islam.

Myspace Website!

My rig

It's good she gave voice but a shame she will not around for too much longer for her actions.

"Nail that sticks out, gets hammered."

What do you mean by that?

When someone sticks up for others, against a powerful force like a government, they will usually get themselves into trouble. By being silenced by any means necessary.

And thus a history icon is born. Your Martin Luther King Jrs and such.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I've never met this woman and I already have a wealth of respect for her. Hopefully, she'll remain safe in the coming days...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well she is American and all.

There are thousands of even braver women in Afghanistan risking life and limb simply by trying to get an education. It is quite normal for them to have acid thrown in their faces, up in the boondocks, and their teachers have been beheaded. But I'd wager that's more to do with rednecks than Islam.

Point is, courage is all around us.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yeah, i don't get the praise for her. She's just some woman criticising Islam from the outside as it were.

People can and do get killed for this kind of behaviour. Maybe she ain't more special than some, but I'll salute her for being more gutsy than me!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well Sur, outspoken critics of Islam, especially females of arabic origin, are kinda more at risk than, say, you for example. <_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I wouldn't trust a news report so heavily edited and from Al-Jazeera of all things.

If anything, it is for promoting another attack on US soil(she's American-Arabic, so... corrupted, heretic and must be destroyed).

Anyway I'm a total non-believer and religion is for the lazy and retarded. She is 100% right. Everything that happens to me is MY fault, MY doing and I control MY life, not some non-existent all powerful entity.

That being said, anyone can believe in whatever they want. Just don't impose on me. <_<

Well Sur, outspoken critics of Islam, especially females of arabic origin, are kinda more at risk than, say, you for example.  <_<

Well since you know nothing about me, thats a mighty big assumption but that is beside the point.

I was puzzled by all the back slapping and praise heaped on her by posters in this thread. I did say that she raised valid and reasonable points but its just another atheist criticising a religion.

Oh, I seemed to have answered my own question.

Edited by Surreptishus

Well Sur, outspoken critics of Islam, especially females of arabic origin, are kinda more at risk than, say, you for example.  <_<

Well since you know nothing about me, thats a mighty big assumption but that is beside the point.

I was puzzled by all the back slapping and praise heaped on her by posters in this thread. I did say that she raised valid and reasonable points but its just another atheist criticising a religion.

Oh, I seemed to have answered my own question.

She's not criticising the religion. She's speaking out about how many members of that religion are behaving and how contrary it is to what they are supposed to believe in. They ask for respect by using violence when they did nothing to earn that respect.