Raven vs. Luke Skywalker

Revan vs. Luke  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Revan vs. Luke

• Revan
    • Luke
    • STFU already

Fair enough. In that case I vote for Luke Skywalker. You hate Luke Skywalker, why? He's better than Revan IMO.

He's Anakin-spawn and a farmboi to boot. Oh and he's as whiny as his old man. But not as angst-ridden thankfully..

And just so you know, I never read any of the Star Wars novels and I don't intend to either. Why not? I simply don't have the inclination - I'd rather just watch the OT and leave it at that.

Sooo I've only Revan from Kotor 1&2 to compare to Luke from Episodes 4-5-6. And that's why Revan wins. Imho, of course. :D :ph34r:

So your admitting that your opinion of Luke is ill-infomred? The KOToR games are all we have to base our perception of Revan off of. However, the movies are only a tenth of the material we know about Luke. Beyond that, the movies chronicle Lukes initial understanding of the Force and how to use it. Comparing Luke from the movies to Revan is like only looking at footage of Michael Jordan in High School and saying Julius Erving would PWN him.

Edited by Stewdawg24

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

So your admitting that your opinion of Luke is ill-infomred?  The KOToR games are all we have to base our perception of Revan off of.  However, the movies are only a tenth of the material we know about Luke.  Beyond that, the movies chronicle Lukes initial understanding of the Force and how to use it.  Comparing Luke from the movies to Revan is like only looking at footage of Michael Jordan in High School and saying Julius Erving would PWN him.

If you want to be that blunt, then I suppose so, yes. But based on the OT and Kotor, I would say Revan would win.

Even if the movies are only a tenth, I feel I should point we haven't seen K3 either. Revan won't be at the height of his power until then, when all of his memories have returned I think, so I think that evens the score a little, don't you?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I think I'm gonna help Luke out here (he's my fav character in SW anyway). I think it's a bit unfair to compare Luke to Revan. I mean, in my opinion, the movies never even developed Luke's Force aptitude enough to even equal Revan's. A bit unfair for Luke, don't ya think? Now, I've never read the EU, so I wouldn't know at what point Luke and Revan would be equal in power, guaranteeing a fair fight.

That said, since it's gonna be unfair one way or another anyway, I'm gonna base this on how they were when they were relatively the same age (I think the general concensus for Revan is about 30). From what I've read of the EU, I think Luke would win. As stated above, he simultaneously choked two of Jabba's guards, implying he can use powers from both sides of the Force w/ little to no consequence to his alignment. By the time he was 30, he defeated Palpatine in a lightsaber duel. Before that, he was able to single-handedly fly the Millennium Falcon w/ the Force; and he healed himself from a near-fatal Force lightning attack and fall in a few hours. (Unfortunately, all the stuff that makes him more unstoppable than Palaptine comes after that :-)

Edited by Vall Konnar

Luke pwned Palpy later on! (w00t)

Anyway, if you want compare Luke to Revan, you have to compare Grand Master Luke, not some farmboy.

It is like comparing lvl 1 Revan from Endar Spire to end game Revan. Same thing. At IV = Luke is something of lvl 1-2, if we use game terms, which sounds very stupid anyway.

At RotJ he is about 20. Well, after latest EU books on timeline he is about...2000 lvl? :p

But Revan was powerful anyway, it was like staring into heart of force itself. :- But even (s)he can't beat Luke, that's the fact.

(why I am saying this anyway, fanboyzzz wont listen in any case :p)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I assume we're talking Return of the Jedi Luke. He used Force Choke on two Gamorreans simultaneously. I can't recall Revan ever doing that.

Um, you can...

(with a mod or 2...)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

there is a pnp rules thingie for star wars... those of you geeks who is really interested can look up luke's and mace's and yoda's and vader's and emperor's 3e stats.

HA! Good Fun!

ps

we chose the third option.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i'm going with Luke. As far I know, every sith that messed with Luke died shortly after doing so.

Well (someone familiar w/ the EU was bound to mention this) Lumiya didn't (don't know who she is? [link]). And she's coming back in the new line of novels and she's rumoured to have resurrected the Sith order. The new comic series that's coming, Legacy, supposedly features that new Sith order.

But that doesn't prove anything when it comes to Luke vs Revan. Luke would still win. :D

Edited by Vall Konnar

i'm going with Luke. As far I know, every sith that messed with Luke died shortly after doing so.

Well (someone familiar w/ the EU was bound to mention this) Lumiya didn't (don't know who she is? [link]). And she's coming back in the new line of novels and she's rumoured to have resurrected the Sith order. The new comic series that's coming, Legacy, supposedly features that new Sith order.

But that doesn't prove anything when it comes to Luke vs Revan. Luke would still win. :D

Yeah, I think he would. Revan sucks [runs from the angry mob of Revan fanboys...] :ph34r:

Anyway, Lumiya is actually an example of what I like in Star Wars. She was born on the pages of Marvel's comic books in the early 80s between Empire and Jedi, but instead of just forgetting her and seeing her as an obstacle, they embrace the character and bring her back with a vengeance. This is where Star Wars sees opportunity in established canon far better than Trek - that they already have a well-established character with a rich background is used as a positive rather than seen as a burden. Funny thing is that Lumiya and Mara Jade actually have pretty similar stories, only one ended up marrying Luke and the other became hellbent on killing him by whatever means necessary. Spooky...

I meant real Sith, not EU characters.

Cool Hand Luke will lose.

Why you are all idiots voting for Revan

1. Revan is a fully customizable character, you only say it because you guys want to make yourself sound better than Luke

2. Luke is way more famous than Revan. The original series characters own the video game characters.

3. Luke knows way more powers than someone back in that time. Revan knows only few powers, because Jedi in that time didn't know as many powers as of today.

When i saw the 3rd option i coulndt resist so obviously i chose it :)

revan is shexy :)

and i wish nooblets wouldnt stop making these XvsX threads its getting annoying and as architech said, you cant compare someone from teh movie to someone from the game :-

Guest The Architect

1. Revan is a fully customizable character, you only say it because you guys want to make yourself sound better than Luke

2. Luke is way more famous than Revan. The original series characters own the video game characters.

3. Luke knows way more powers than someone back in that time. Revan knows only few powers, because Jedi in that time didn't know as many powers as of today.

Fantastic post Darth Spectre! I could not have said it better! :-

Because its fun winding the rest of you up. :)" :)

and i wish nooblets wouldnt stop making these XvsX  threads its getting annoying and as architech said, you cant compare someone from teh movie to someone from the game  :)

Oh hush. No one's forcing you to post. :-

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Cool Hand Luke will lose.

Hey, what's your problem? If this thread sucks to you then don't post! Why we all voting for Revan? Because we have a good taste :D .

To 1: nonsense. (I also like Luke as much as Revan, they're both cool characters)

To 2: No offence, but this is no argument. Popularity is no relevant point. The video game characters are part of the Star Wars System and are official characters. If Luke should have gone to a biblio and looked up for Revan he would've found him in history books.

To 3: I doubt it. IMO the Jedi had all the same access to the powers. I guess Revan was more familiar with the force than Luke in EIV. In K1 s/he was regaining the power again, so not the full range of power was shown there.

and i wish nooblets wouldnt stop making these XvsX  threads its getting annoying and as architech said, you cant compare someone from teh movie to someone from the game  :)

Oh hush. No one's forcing you to post. :-

obsidian is forcing me to post, if i dont have 200 posts by next week i get eaten alive

and so is battlecookie, he will stab me if i dont get atleast 4000 posts by next week... :)