Manndolorian war video game

Revan1127

Hey dose any one think it would be a good idea to have a game based on the mando wars only using a gameplay like empire at war

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Guest The Architect
Hey dose any one think it would be a good idea to have a game based on the mando wars only using a gameplay like empire at war

I was thinking more of a Battlefront type game set during the Mandalorian Wars.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Yeah a battlefront type game would be cool also

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

How about a game were you have to spell things in the Star Wars Universe correctly?

Any ideas for a good title?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Star Wars: Ancient Battlefields

Star Wars: Mandalorian Assault

Star Wars: Warriors of Mandalore

Star Wars: Mandalore's Elite

Star Wars: Basilisk Brigade

Star Wars: Boba's Boys

Star Wars: Fett's Fighters

Star Wars: Mercenaries

Star Wars: Armored Aggressors

Star Wars: Uber Warriors Easily Killed by Guys in Robes Waving Around Sticks of Light When They Have Massive War Droids and Rockets in Their Pockets.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Fine! See if I share my half-baked, shoddy excuses for ideas with you people again! *runs off crying*

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Anyone here play Star Wars: Republic Commando? I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fun FPS game with some interesting squad elements, and it gave you a grittier side of the SW universe. It was short and not too difficult, but I have trouble finishing any shooter that's over 25 hours.

I think a Deus Ex style FPS/RPG hybrid in this setting would be wicked :rolleyes:

Actually I think I want all future RPGs to be like Deus Ex :shifty:

you realize you gave me a geekasm don't you...

Star Wars Deus Ex style :Geekasm:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All depends what type of game.

I dont go for the Battlefront and other Star Wars games but a fully developed RPG that detailed the start to finish of the mandalorian wars would be cool!

Anyone here play Star Wars: Republic Commando?  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was a fun FPS game with some interesting squad elements, and it gave you a grittier side of the SW universe.  It was short and not too difficult, but I have trouble finishing any shooter that's over 25 hours.

It also left the door wide open for a sequel...

And yes, it was very cool. And very short, like 4 hours. And if like that kind of gameplay, try Freedom Fighters!

Anyone here play Star Wars: Republic Commando?  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was a fun FPS game with some interesting squad elements, and it gave you a grittier side of the SW universe.  It was short and not too difficult, but I have trouble finishing any shooter that's over 25 hours.

It also left the door wide open for a sequel...

actually they wrote a book about the "search for sev" :ermm:

All depends what type of game.

I dont go for the Battlefront and other Star Wars games but a fully developed RPG that detailed the start to finish of the mandalorian wars would be cool!

Yeah anything from the kotor era would be fine with me

Edited by Revan1127

A Mandalorian Wars Battlefront-ish game wouldn't work because there wouldn't be any recognizable hero units you could market (Fett, Vader, etc) and the grunts would have the same problem (no Stromtroopers, etc).

An EAW-ish game would have a similar problem in that there wouldn't be any popular vehicles to include (AT-ATs, X-Wings, etc). It would just end up looking like a generic sci-fi RTS rather than a big deal Star Wars game.

A Mandalorian Wars Battlefront-ish game wouldn't work because there wouldn't be any recognizable hero units you could market (Fett, Vader, etc) and the grunts would have the same problem (no Stromtroopers, etc).

An EAW-ish game would have a similar problem in that there wouldn't be any popular vehicles to include (AT-ATs, X-Wings, etc). It would just end up looking like a generic sci-fi RTS rather than a big deal Star Wars game.

actually... they do have recognisable units and heros. you'd have to get the art director from KotoR and the guy who illustrated the Sith War (graphic novel) to put their heads together for the game but you could concievably come up with a pretty good game with bastila and Revan on oneside as leaders with the admral guy and Exile and Carth as commanders.

It's hard to come up with Kotor hero's for mandalorians... I think we'd have a better chance of seeing the Sith war come out as a game over Mandalorian wars. you've got heroes and villians to fill out the rosters and you could easily get ships and designs for it.

SW:BF2 let you play as Vader, Leia, Chewbacca, and a bunch of other popular characters. BF1 didn't have those (AFAIK), but it still had recognizable entities from the movies (Stormtroopers, clone troopers, rebel soldiers, etc). Without those, the games would have been Star Wars in name only. Do you think they would really have sold as well without all those well known assets? How many people know what a Mandalorian is compared to a Stormtrooper?

Do you think they would really have sold as well without all those well known assets?
Yes, I do.

Battlefront was the best selling Star Wars games of all time, and you couldn't play as heroes. In fact, the heroes were so stupid in the original game that they were typically turned off.

Yes, there were recognizable entities in the game, but there are recognizable entities in the Mandalorian times as well.

How many people know what a Mandalorian is compared to a Stormtrooper?

At least a million or two, given the sales for the two KOTOR games. This number also ignores the tons of fans that have read the comics as well as the EU of the timeline.

Plus there are those that seem to buy anything Star Wars related.