Movies you like that everyone else hates.

Oerwinde

I believe I am the only one in this thread that's been able to mention a movie that absolutely noone else likes. I win.

I disagree. I mentioned Super Mario Brothers. :lol:

I like that one too :( Bad story that was well executed.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ahh... movies I don't like that everyone else seems to...

Dazed and Confused, The Big Lebowski, 2001: A Spacy Odyssey, Blade Runner, From Dusk Till Dawn.

Well, its not that I don't like The Big Lebowski, its that I don't think its awesome. I don't think it sucks, its just that everyone else seems to think its this amazingly awesome movie, except me. Blade Runner was just overhyped and it didn't meet my expectations. 2001 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Until I watched that movie I had never fast forwarded a movie to try to find interesting parts. From Dusk till Dawn was just stupid. Though I'll admit Cheech was awesome. Then again, when isn't he?

I agree with every single point.

Movies I Like that Everyone Else Hates:

Evolution

Super Mario Brothers

Hollow Man

Dog Soldiers

The Core

The Relic

Movies I Dislike that Everyone Else Loves:

Spider-Man 2

Terminator

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (Worst among bad movies)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Okay, so now there are five of us in this thread alone who have confessed to liking "Evolution". Funny how nobody I know outside of this thread likes it.

Maybe it's a geek thing.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Okay, so now there are five of us in this thread alone who have confessed to liking "Evolution". Funny how nobody I know outside of this thread likes it.

Maybe it's a geek thing.

Maybe nobody saw it because it was said to be one of the worst movies ever made.

Maybe it was.

But it was also hilarious.

And I think I'll go buy it tonight. :D

I have a general weakness for movies the average person would usually sneer at, except maybe for Caravan of Courage - An Ewok Adventure. I need to create new words just to describe how awful it was. I saw it at the cinema as a kid and was scarred for life. Well alright, maybe that's a little melodramatic... at least it reduced my expectations when I first heard about Star Wars Episodes 1-3, so I wasn't as disappointed by the prequels as many people were.

Geek? pfft, speak for yourself.

Says the guy who's hanging out on a Star Wars video game message board. ;)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Star Wars Episode II ;)

Troy

Punisher

and Constantine

movies I hate with a passion but everyone else loves...

ET

hunt for the red october

Star Trek (all of em)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bringing Out the Dead

I wouldn't advocate taking LSD, but I saw this movie in the theater on it and it was a great film. The visual effects used made alot of sense. My friends on the other hand seemed to be scared ****less

I've also seen that alot of people seem to think that waiting until one is really tired also has a similiar effect.

funny you should say that.. while I didn't see it on LSD I had the feeling all through the film that it would make alot more sense IF I was on it! :D

I still thought it was good though!

in my case it's Waking Life .. I've only meet a handful who've seen it, and only a selected few of those even enjoyed it... I think it's one of the best films I've seen!

sadly 80% of the movies made on this planet are so blatantly predictable and utterly boring that I crave for anything considered, even slightly, "wierd" .. and only a small procentage of those film are actually worth seeing (guess I'm hard to please on this point)...

But generally I love (even though it's a big word for movies) anything Charlie Kaufman produces! that man has the greatest subtle (or not so subtle) humor!

although I have no idea how liked his movies are... but most of them are rather peculiar...

Fortune favors the bald.

in my case it's Waking Life .. I've only meet a handful who've seen it, and only a selected few of those even enjoyed it... I think it's one of the best films I've seen!

Waking Life was a big hit here in Austin, I would think alot if it had to do with the local flavor. If you really liked the film I'd suggest you might want to look into The Cruise. It is a documentary about one of the guys in Waking Life who gives tours of New York, Timothy Levitch. I really liked it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150230/

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

People whining about how they were the only ones to post a movie that *everyone* hates forget to mention that Gigli is awesome and EVERYONE (except me lol) underrates it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah. My tastes are better than everyone else's.. then again.. people here actually like D&D so their opinions are funny as it is. LOL

Gigli isn't just a *good* movie; it's a *great* movie.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.