Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

The Omega Man

The beatnik zombies really put this film over the top, that and the only cure is Charlton Heston's blood. I'm surprised they haven't remade this one, but in the end glad that they haven't.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For those of you who seem to hate Sixth Sense...did you know about the plot twist? I had no idea, and I thought it was brilliant. I think that's one of those movies that requires you to be clueless going in.

I actually disliked "Signs" but mostly because of the ending. I thought "The Village" was better. It wasn't because of any plot twists, as they were pretty predictable, but just the whole attempt at a Utopian society was interesting to me. It reminded me of The Giver. Adrian Brody was pretty good too.

The Omega Man

The beatnik zombies really put this film over the top, that and the only cure is Charlton Heston's blood. I'm surprised they haven't remade this one, but in the end glad that they haven't.

I think I've seen that: is that the one where a cigar-chomping Heston has a castle-like fortified house and he shoots all the zombies roaming around the outside ...? And there's a "zombie boss" that wants him to join them?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ya, that's the one. All the zombies, being zombies, have to hide during the day time.

I think it was this movie that let the NRA know they had their man.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya, that's the one. All the zombies, being zombies, have to hide during the day time.

I think it was this movie that let the NRA know they had their man.

That is my overriding recollection of it too. Might even have been where he got the famous "out of my cold, dead hand" phrase from, too ...

PS Is your avatar an owl with a white wig?

PPS I am re-watching The Day After Tomorrow: something about a good disaster film ... this one additionally has superstar scientists and repentant politicians and a nice unugly and tasteful romance.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

PS Is your avatar an owl with a white wig?

Its a prehistoric owl, back in the ice age their head used to get real cold

Nah, Rocky is the good one. Rocky II is the same thing with a different outcome.

I'm not sure of the point of Rocky III - avenging the death of his trainer who died of old age? At least it has Hulk Hogan doing his best wrestling ever. The film also has plenty of not so subtle homo-eroticism.

Rocky IV - ermm, he avenges the death of his friend against the USSR? Then he preaches unity.

Rocky V - tries to go back to its roots or something

Rocky Balboa... who knows?

Nah, Rocky is the good one. Rocky II is the same thing with a different outcome.

I'm not sure of the point of Rocky III - avenging the death of his trainer who died of old age? At least it has Hulk Hogan doing his best wrestling ever. The film also has plenty of not so subtle homo-eroticism.

Rocky IV - ermm, he avenges the death of his friend against the USSR? Then he preaches unity.

Rocky V - tries to go back to its roots or something

Rocky Balboa... who knows?

Was III the one with Mr. T?

Yes, I intentionally neglected to mention him. Aside from "I pity da foo'" he was pretty pointless.

The full experience can only be enjoyed by watching all the films in a row, whilst drinking.

Don't forget that one of the better outcomes of Rocky III was Eddie Murphy's great stand-up routine about Jedi Mind-tricking Mr T. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT