What are you playing now....

Darque

I have too much on my plate at the moment...

Console

Magna Carta : Tears of Blood - Pretty generic story and characters so far. Gameplay is interesting... I don't think I will finish this one.

Dragon Quest VIII - Great cast of characters and beautiful music. The plot is simple, but that doesn't hurt the game one bit.

Stella Deus - Very interesting plot and cast of characters, reminds me so much of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Persona I / II - Replaying them before the JP release of Persona 3. I don't think the game will make it to the states, so I'm getting ready to import.

PC

Oblivion - Still a good dungeon hack and slash game. Though my interest fades a bit each time I boot it up.

Red Orchestra - A great, realistic FPS... Nuff' said.

~ Okay, I need to forget about online game shopping, it just gets me into problems. :(

Persona I / II - Replaying them before the JP release of Persona 3. I don't think the game will make it to the states, so I'm getting ready to import.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Console

Magna Carta : Tears of Blood - Pretty generic story and characters so far.  Gameplay is interesting...  I don't think I will finish this one.

Dragon Quest VIII - Great cast of characters and beautiful music.  The plot is simple, but that doesn't hurt the game one bit.

Stella Deus - Very interesting plot and cast of characters, reminds me so much of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Persona I / II - Replaying them before the JP release of Persona 3.  I don't think the game will make it to the states, so I'm getting ready to import.

PC

Oblivion - Still a good dungeon hack and slash game.  Though my interest fades a bit each time I boot it up.

Red Orchestra -  A great, realistic FPS... Nuff' said.

~ Okay, I need to forget about online game shopping, it just gets me into problems. :(

So, do you recommend Dragon Quest VIII to noobs like me?

centinexx.png

I guess i wont be playing SShock2, can't get the darn thing to work with XP it freezes my computer randomly during gameplay. I've tried to install the winXPfix but alas you need the CD to do so, if that would even work. :(

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I guess i wont be playing SShock2, can't get the darn thing to work with XP it freezes my computer randomly during gameplay. I've tried to install the winXPfix but alas you need the CD to do so, if that would even work.  :(

Defrag and try again.

I managed to get it to run and play well under XP.

After a little file fragmentation though it started to freeze up once in a while, defragging helped.

Console

Magna Carta : Tears of Blood - Pretty generic story and characters so far.  Gameplay is interesting...  I don't think I will finish this one.

Dragon Quest VIII - Great cast of characters and beautiful music.  The plot is simple, but that doesn't hurt the game one bit.

Persona I / II - Replaying them before the JP release of Persona 3.  I don't think the game will make it to the states, so I'm getting ready to import.

PC

Oblivion - Still a good dungeon hack and slash game.  Though my interest fades a bit each time I boot it up.

Red Orchestra -  A great, realistic FPS... Nuff' said.

So, do you recommend Dragon Quest VIII to noobs like me?

It's nice that you are still trying to enjoy JRPGs.

It's a good game, only thing that might turn you off very early in the game is how mindless the combat is for the first 7 or so hours (depending on how fast you get through the "Intro" sequences). Pretty much just attack spamming, even I almost gave up on the game at that point. After that though, the game is a solid experience (I myself am about half way through).

I've heard DQ8 sucks.

I went in thinking that (DQVII sucked so bad). But it's hard to not like the characters.

I'm seeing Red Orchastra everywhere I go, is it any good?

If you can enjoy a realistic FPS sure.

Edited by Haitoku

I guess i wont be playing SShock2, can't get the darn thing to work with XP it freezes my computer randomly during gameplay. I've tried to install the winXPfix but alas you need the CD to do so, if that would even work.  :(

I didn't have a problem. Make sure you've got the latest DivX codec, if your game has encoded the FMV with DivX.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Blazing Angels but it's horrible.

Perhaps the worst VO I've ever heard in a game and the plot just drags you through the war from Dunkirk one minute to Pearl Harbour the next.

If you add The Outfit , it's probably been the day for sucky games around here.

Though I have enjoyed watching Tombraider.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I guess i wont be playing SShock2, can't get the darn thing to work with XP it freezes my computer randomly during gameplay. I've tried to install the winXPfix but alas you need the CD to do so, if that would even work.  :p

I didn't have a problem. Make sure you've got the latest DivX codec, if your game has encoded the FMV with DivX.

I've got the latest CODEC and i fragmented, no improvement. I tried installing the patch and it says i need the cd with the new sschock2.exe it gives so i had to reinstall the original since i dont have the cd.

It says i have version final 2.03

Maybe it would help if i bought the cd.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Oblivion...so...so very much Oblivion...think interest is waning...can't tell...still playing...game's running right now...for 3 hours of sleep last night...so tired....but must keep playing...it's so.....so fun.............god my eyes feel like weights...weights that are on fire...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, you managed to type three dots every time. I wouldn't be worried. It's when you keep whacking the same button and wondering why otr letters except q won't appear when you should be worried. :(

I'm trying to play as Bactria in RTR. Decent fun if I let my rig rest every hour or so.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds