KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :rolleyes:

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Well... I for one would like to see what sort of plot lines people have come up with. Do comment and criticise.

K3

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

A Wookie Jedi PC.

A Hutt Jedi PC.

A Jawa Jedi PC.

A new minigame similar to what Chewie and R2 play on the Falcon in Ep4 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

80% of the game played in the unknown regions with new species, planets, items, weapons, NPCs, ships, etc indigenous to the regions.

Death of everything with a hope for rebirth at the end.

According to George Wookie cant be Jedi which is why Hanhaar wasnt one I expect since he screamed Sith Maurader.

Not sure about the others. An Ewok Jedi would be hiilarious like a teddy bear with a lightsaber.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

According to George Wookie cant be Jedi which is why Hanhaar wasnt one I expect since he screamed Sith Maurader.

Not sure about the others. An Ewok Jedi would be hiilarious like a teddy bear with a lightsaber.

George shmorge. There are always exceptions that prove the rule. You could have a special force sensitive Wookie 4000 years before Luke's birth gosh darnit!

George shmorge. There are always exceptions that prove the rule. You could have a special force sensitive Wookie 4000 years before Luke's birth gosh darnit!

I'm pretty sure they wanted to make Hanhaar a Jedi but that was the reason they couldnt.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

REQUEST: I wish the soundtrack of KotOR III to be recorded in 5.1-format. Stereo is so 1999.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In this regard, Lucas's word is law. Even if it contradicts previous law.

Well then let him make K3 suggestions! That stupid fat hobbit!

His "laws" destroyed Star Wars. He has now as much credibility as a naked Jawa in a swoop race.

a naked jawa would win. All the other racers wanna close eyes, so they go BOOOOOOM on the cliffs :D

IB1OsQq.png

Hmm, figured this would be a popular topic. I don't want to be terribly specific as far as "stuff I can do," but would rather focus on story.

I would like a return to the Revan/Bastila plot; perhaps reuniting them in some way. Or, perhaps they are already reunited, and the game can start with them kicking butt as some sort of husband and wife jedi team.

And what about the jedi council on Corsuscant? We have no idea how they reacted to the destruction of the second Dantooine council, nor the Mandalorian wars, or any of the other stuff from the Kotor games. Does the PC from Kotor II join that council, or start his own Dantooine council with Revan later? All interesting ideas for exporation.

-Rob Howard

www.robhowardesign.com

There are lot of Wookie jedi-s in the pnp game books :)

Two in the official material isnt it ? George dosnt have any control over what you do in PnP :D

What is the status of the D20 rules anyway ? There was a thread on here a while back saying they were being discontinude.

478327[/snapback]

Hmm, figured this would be a popular topic. I don't want to be terribly specific as far as "stuff I can do," but would rather focus on story.

I would like a return to the Revan/Bastila plot; perhaps reuniting them in some way. Or, perhaps they are already reunited, and the game can start with them kicking butt as some sort of husband and wife jedi team.

And what about the jedi council on Corsuscant? We have no idea how they reacted to the destruction of the second Dantooine council, nor the Mandalorian wars, or any of the other stuff from the Kotor games. Does the PC from Kotor II join that council, or start his own Dantooine council with Revan later? All interesting ideas for exporation.

-Rob Howard

www.robhowardesign.com

I don't think there is a Jedi council on Coruscant in the KOTOR era. Nihilus would've killed them all anyway.

@ShadowPaladin when you say "cloning" I guess you mean jedifying shipmates....well, I agree that if you have 5 20th level Force wielders that you can take on missions (3 at a time, obviously), then that does throw game balance out the window.

I think that when it comes to adepts, it should be all about quality over quantity....I like the idea that there are 4 people who have the *potential* to be my apprentice, but only one will be. And I want to have the kind of dialogue trees with my padawan that Kreia had with me (well, some of it anyway). It should be a very intense, meaningful and dialogue-heavy relationship that grows over time. Maybe a Force Bond could develop...but OVER TIME....anyway, I think you get the idea.

I like to come back to Dvan story proposal.

I think the main problem here is the way you return so many NPC's. They couldn't simply be replaced by new one's since they have such an amount of involvement. And I see a second problem as that you don't have good opportunities to go DS as your main character. Setting Revan and the Exile to a default is also not the way it should be IMO.

According to the appearance of Revan and the Exile, I think that you should be able to set them to DS or LS and pick faces. I have just seen some way (I developed some story) in which you could make Revan LS (even after he/she fell to the DS in Kotor I) and the Exile DS (also after you choose him/her to be LS in Kotor II) for the Kotor III game itself. Maybe I could place this storyline on this forum but wouldn't that ru

Master Vandar lives!

I like to come back to Dvan story proposal.

I think the main problem here is the way you return so many NPC's. They couldn't simply be replaced by new one's since they have such an amount of involvement. And I see a second problem as that you don't have good opportunities to go DS as your main character. Setting Revan and the Exile to a default is also not the way it should be IMO.

According to the appearance of Revan and the Exile, I think that you should be able to set them to DS or LS and pick faces. I have just seen some way (I developed some story) in which you could make Revan LS (even after he/she fell to the DS in Kotor I) and the Exile DS (also after you choose him/her to be LS in Kotor II) for the Kotor III game itself. Maybe I could place this storyline on this forum but wouldn't that ru

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

@ShadowPaladin  when you say "cloning" I guess you mean jedifying shipmates....well, I agree that if you have 5 20th level Force wielders that you can take on missions (3 at a time, obviously), then that does throw game balance out the window.

It's not so much that, as they will generally have the same force powers. That means even if you swap the party around you really not getting a different sort of gaming experience. If I use FFIX as an example, a party of say Freya, Quinya and Amarant will play very differently to a party of Dagger , Zidanne and Vivi this means even within the same game you have some variety (although FFIX is around twice as long as KOTOR) in the combat. The only way to do that in KOTOR really is to introduce it yourself by not optimizing the characters abilities.

So even if they are all Jedi I want to see a lot of variety in how they fight and the tactics needed for each "team".

Thats probably a problem with the Jedi too come to think of it. They are not only a jack of all trades, but a master of all trades. The companions are there more to drive the story than because you actually need them which is very different to something like IWD where every member of the party was important (although you could still solo because of the way XP worked).

So to sum up all that rambling narrower focus on force powers available for each character.

478327[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be the "fault" of the person that selects the skills/feats for that Jedi?  No one is forcing you to pick the same feats/force powers for all of them.

No because the selections are pretty limited anyway since you have three tiers of the same powers overlap is inevitable. Even more so if you sticking to your characters and only choosing appropriate powers rather than picking from both sides of the force to get the best ones.

Part of that is the higher level of the game.

Actually the game is forcing you to pick because it wont continue with the level up unless you pick powers towards the end I was just picking anything since I'd long run out of powers the character should have had anyway. Some characters also get extra powers at certain levels too which just compounds things.

478327[/snapback]

I think that that is only the case if you play with hindsight and have them be Jedis at insanely low levels.

Well you get Visas and Kreia so thats two for a start. Then there is your character of course which is going to end up with close to every power because of levels.

Attons kind of Obvious, Handmaiden too.

Mira's about the only wild card since even as a Jedi she's still more suited to a blaster.

Aside from the droids which have the same sort of simularites to the Jedi between each other unless your playing with your eyes closed or something you still end up with a couple of Jedi on the first run.

478327[/snapback]