If you're not doing anything wrong, why worry?

metadigital

Well, when these biometrics hit it big with everything, and they have proof you were in an area where a crime was commited within a few hours of being there, you will be considered guilty until proven innocent.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No seriously. We have nothing whatsoever to worry about, the state just wants to keep everyone safe and unterrorist-y.

Its like if I point a gun to your face. As long as youre not planning to do anything fishy which might make me have to pull the trigger you shouldnt be worried. But if you ARE worried, that means that you ARE planning to do something fishy and THEN Ill have to shoot you :huh:"

see? simple logic.

But while you point a gun into my face and observe that I remain calm,

naughty thoughts can come into your head. Simple logic as well. :-"

No seriously. We have nothing whatsoever to worry about, the state just wants to keep everyone safe and unterrorist-y.

Its like if I point a gun to your face. As long as youre not planning to do anything fishy which might make me have to pull the trigger you shouldnt be worried. But if you ARE worried, that means that you ARE planning to do something fishy and THEN Ill have to shoot you

are you with? Then look at this.

A person should always worry when their isa gun in their face.

...I will have to become a terrorist..

Hades just proved my theory correct. He is thinking about becomming a terrorist and THAT is why he would be worried if you pointed a gun at him. Thus, we would be right to shoot him.

:huh:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  If a government has absolute power it will become corrupt and corruption needs to be stopped no matter the cost.

So um... what are you Americans waiting for? Isn't your gun law just for that kind of situation, protecting yourselves and removing your corrupted government from power?

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  If a government has absolute power it will become corrupt and corruption needs to be stopped no matter the cost.

Then the only answer is Anarchy.

Animals have no government, yet they have a social structure and no anarchy. A lesson to be learned?

Animals have no government, yet they have a social structure and no anarchy. A lesson to be learned?

Depends on the animal.

It's a bit like tagging your kids I guess. For parents its peace of mind , but for older kids it's like having someone looking over your shoulder.

Ironically, if your not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to fear. But it means you cant tell your folks your off to the library and then go over your mates house. Or cut class to play footie over the park.

Since few of us are paragons of virtue these "security measures" are always going to annoy people.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

First of all, Anarchy is a form of society that lacks a central goverment. It is not chaos. Goverments like to brand Anarchy as something unruly and chaotic that it is not, because as a movement, Anarchy is much more dangerous to the global economy than lets say Communism which can be corrupted and controlled.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

First of all, Anarchy is a form of society that lacks a central goverment. It is not chaos. Goverments like to brand Anarchy as something unruly and chaotic that it is not, because as a movement, Anarchy is much more dangerous to the global economy than lets say Communism which can be corrupted and controlled.

Absolutely correct. Thank you for clearing that up. I confused anarchy and chaos. :">

Irrelevent. Anarchy does not work because those with guns/weapons/bigger balls take control and become the central government. If the USA were to suddenly say "okay we're done here, no more government" within a few days/weeks organized crime would rule the roost.

Edit:

Anarchy

Chaos

Sounds a lot like chaos to me.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Irrelevent.  Anarchy does not work because those with guns/weapons/bigger balls take control and become the central government.  If the USA  were to suddenly say "okay we're done here, no more government" within a few days/weeks organized crime would rule the roost.

Edit:

Anarchy

Chaos

Sounds a lot like chaos to me.

It's already run by organized crime. They all are, not just the US.

Edited by astr0creep

Im not down with the cameras but I do believe every single person should have their DNA and fingerprints taken at birth. Crime could be virtually eliminated.

and iirc, finger prints at birth don't work

Why wouldnt it work? Arent you born with the prints you will have your entire life?

threads like these serve one valuable purpose: we get to find out who the wack jobs is.

example: if you had only seen battlewookie's kotor posts you never woulda' known what a foam-at-the-mouth rabid anti-american he were... one of the types who refuse to consider any reasonable argument simply 'cause he were sure that usa and the military were Evil.... or somesuch nonsense. heck, Gromnir has spent most of his adult life fighting The Man, but some of you folks take it to a crazy-insane level that makes teddy kaczynski thinks you is going overboard.

so keep posting. Gromnir will take notes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm curious...how do you define "police state"  in your book?  Despite having local yocals from Houston spouting off about Camaera's in homes, the overwhelming majority of Americans, including our politicians, would never allow that to happen.  As a nation we have our shortcomings, as does every nation, but to say we're anywhere near a "police state" or a "true totaliterian" state is ridiculus. 

A state where the goverment makes all of the decisions on behalf of the citizens, and those who don't agree are either traitors/terrorist/rebels/"what-ever-name-generates-the-most-hate" .. and these are dealt with .. killed/deported etc... usually without the general public knowing about it! and "enemies" are dealt with "for the saftey of the public"..

The Patriot act, which allows say the FBI to tap your phone and not tell your for months... they can look into your bankaccounts and other personal files as long as you are suspected of assisting terrorist (kinda like giving a beggar a dollar and suddenly you are supporting domestic terrorism?) .. who knows how far they can go in their "he's supporting terror"?? (to be extreme)

It always starts in the small you know .. Hitler was even elected in a democratic election, and soon after freedom of speech and countless other liberties was revoked.. and people loved him, because he brought them "security"..

The American public is a afraid of terror.. and the more afraid and insecure you feel the more you are willing to sacrifice to feel safe! I agree with you, that you are not close yet, but it'll only take a nudge and you'll soon be beyond the point of no return imo!!

Fortune favors the bald.

The US also has a pretty effective balance of power. You might see the Executive branch and Congress gain power after a serious incident like 9/11, but eventually the Supreme Court will step in and lay the smack down. It makes it hard for things to really spin out of control. Look at the reaction to Nixon. He was using surveillance to help win the election, but eventually it goes public. The US has a very intricate politicial structure, but it's survived some major issues over the last 230 years.

Id just like to say that Im not in the least anti-american. Im very fond of Canada which is nice and just like Sweden except you speak English and your bears are bigger.

threads like these serve one valuable purpose..

Theres nothing wrong with debating just for the sake of debating. Its fun and educational, just like masturbation.