New NWN 2 Info

Rhomal

PC games= mods.

PC games= patches and fixes

Most mods are naff. Speaking for myself I'll have moved on long before anyone brings out a mod anyway.

If you dont need patches and fixes in the first place , thats a bit of a non issue. Unless your glad that PC games are buggy so you can download patches and fixes as some sort of etertainment?

I've had so much fun since becoming a primarly console gamer as well as dramatically expanded the sorts of games I play (because of rentals). Dont see me going back to the PC any time soon if ever. If it wasnt for email , conferencing and all that stuff I wouldnt even need one.

Zelda has horses anyway :p Wonder which will come first Zelda or NwNII. Guess Zelda is being held back by the Revolution version (didnt hear that here ok..).

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If you go to the old world in Gothic 2 and enter the old, ruined arena (just outside the besieged castle), you'll hear some strange noises coming from a very dark room. If you enter it to explore where the noise is coming from, you'll find an orc and a sheep in a.. compromising situation.

Needless to say, you WILL have to fight the orc.

:p

That sounds priceless.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I'm in a room full of kiddie consolers.

No, just one pretentious PC gamer.

I finally got around to Xenosaga II. Is it correct that they are not making anymore ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm in a room full of kiddie consolers.

No, just one pretentious PC gamer.

I finally got around to Xenosaga II. Is it correct that they are not making anymore ?

The series was originaly suppose to be a six episodes.

However, due to Tetsuya Takahashi ambition and his lack of being able to create with a set budget (the same exact problem he had with Square durint he development of Xenogears). Also the fact the the series is pulling in average sales (Namco wanted it to be something to rival FF in terms of sales)...

It's getting cut in half... More specificly, only 2/6 of the series. Episode I/II were originaly suppose to be one game (they are releasing as Episode I & II for DS though :D).

Episode III will probably hit NA Feb. 07 (like the previews Xenosaga games). I don't know about a PAL release though.

It's not that bad from what I understand. Episode III was always ment to end the current story arc, so one could argue that everything is on track... but if this one doesn't sell well, no hope for Xenosaga Frontier (what the next story arc was suppose to be called).

I heard Xenosaga was dull.

Episode I is an incredible introduction to the series.

As a story, it's very enjoyable. As a game however, it totaly blows. Think of it as an RPG version or R-Type, you get absolutely no choice in anything. You just follow a line from scene to scene, with tons of battles with a very repetitive battle system.

Episode II is a step in the right direction I think. Very innovative battle system. More exploring, more things to do besides the main quest. Story is still top notch.

I heard Xenosaga was dull.

I wouldnt say that. The story is really involved.

The whole good samaritan and having all those ???? skills bothered me though.

And I had to resist the urge to shout pull before popping someone in the air and filling them full of arrows. It just reminded me so much of shooting clay pigeons :">

Having the monsters on the screen definately killed some of the tension for me. Although some people prefer it that way.

It didnt have an ending as such because there is supposed to be a part III (which I think has been canceled).

Despite what people said about it all being cutscenes I got a good 25-30 hours of gameplay in addition to the scenes and thats a lot more than you would total if you skipped the dialogue in KOTOR and more than Jade Empire period.

478327[/snapback]

The whole good samaritan and having all those ???? skills bothered me though.

Who are you talking about specificly?

@ Topic

The horse thing should really be a problem. Though they probably should come up with a better world map system.... walking for hours has no place in a modern RPG.

As a story, it's very enjoyable.  As a game however, it totaly blows.  Think of it as an RPG version or R-Type, you get absolutely no choice in anything.  You just follow a line from scene to scene, with tons of battles with a very repetitive battle system.

Guess we didnt miss much by having it packed as movie.

478327[/snapback]

Who are you talking about specificly?

@ Topic

The horse thing should really be a problem.  Though they probably should come up with a better world map system....  walking for hours has no place in a modern RPG.

Everyone had the same list. I'm talking about II only got the movie version of I over here sorry for the confusion.

@ Topic with so many different character models mounts were always going to be problomatic.

478327[/snapback]

Didn't play them on console; but I don't believe those who claim them to be buggy.

Your logic is flawed, once again.

Well, more likely the statement was disingenuous, and it was interpreted (according to the implied logic) incorrectly:

I have NEVER played a console game that NEEDED a patch. Not one. I have played TONS of PC games that have.

At no point is the (implied, but fallacious) predicate "I play lots of console games" made by Magical Volo.

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT