New NWN 2 Info

Rhomal

"I think one of the arguments against a D&D game having mounted combat is the fact that D&D is, all told, a simplistic system and confined to certain rooms, etc."

Absolutely false. You obviously haven't played D&D. Confined to certain rooms? Are ya drunk?

As for mounted combat, D&D has lots of rules/guidelines for it... and, it's there for a reason.

about ROOMS...that is in the context of the CRPG...you know, load screens and then you end up in a "room" that looks big because of all the art but is, in fact, a small map.

I'm just trying to encapsulate what the "other side" is really saying. Mind you, I dont' happen to agree with them.

At any rate, I hope, at the very least, they have pack animals that can share the inventory burden. It would be sad if Dungeon Siege (part I) blew NWN2 away in this area.

And hopefully an expansion pack will not just have more content but certain gameplay features as well (such as pack animals and rideable mounts).

BTW, none of this will stop me from getting this game. With MCA writing the companion dialogues (building on what he learned creating K2's influence system), this game is going to entertain....no question about it. The OC will blow away the amateur content this time around, I think.

The ambiance horses have are very important. When building a village or castle its very fitting to have a couple horses as background ambiance.

well, I definitely agree with that....I remember roaming around the countryside in pre-searing Guild Wars and seeing these quaint villages with farms, windmills, etc....EXCEPT, no horses, oxen, mules, carriages, etc (at least that I can remember).

I mean, that is just not excusable....at the very least, they need to be part of the landscape.

and since i am part of the consumer base too, it should be 0.000000000000000000000000000000002%

Which would mean Obsidian has a customer base of 5000000000000000000000000000000000 people or 1000000000000000000000000 Earths. Not bad for a studio that released one game.

Sssshhh! No numeracy here, this is North America where numbers are evil and spawn of the devil!

Seriously, all those complaining about rideable mounts need to take a chill pill. As I have already posted, it was eminently possible to ride a dragon in NwN.

It's a shame that the first campaign probably won't have horses, but I assume development is such that it will be possible, if not in the following Official Campaigns, then by individuals in the mod community.

I would rather good writing than niceties like mounted combat.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That is you and last time I check you are not me.

You either do something whole clothe or you do not.  If they put in unmountable horse in the game they are just doing a half-assed job of it.  I rather not have them in the game at all than that.

Then they should cut worgs, dragons, wolves, giant spiders, most of the dire animals, dogs, etc

As since they all can be ridden by one PC race or another.

And its called a opinion. I dont recall I told you to agree with me, only that I disagreed with YOUR opinion.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Then they should have said nothing about mounts in the first place if they weren't sure.  This is why developers should be close lipped til they know 100% what will be in the game.

Then you should completely ignore press releases until the game is out. This is not a situation that you could not avoid.

Welcome to real life people. Things have unexpected complications, and sometimes **** happens.

Odds are you will have horses... just cant mount them. No one is saying horses are cut from the game, just what you can do with them.

It would be great to have a talking horse. Anyone remember Smith? :) Maybe even as a joinable NPC, though that might be pushing it a little.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I prefer them. Though I did play them first. I'm not sure which came first, Eye of the Beholder or Ultima 6, but one of them was my first ever RPG (that I knew was an RPG...I played FF2 but I just thought it was a fun game at the time :D). The other one was the second one.

I'm pretty sure it was U6 though. That game absolutely immersed me...and I didn't even know how to play it or what to really do.

I actually don't mind about the mounts. it is dissappointing to hear, but if we just forget about it we probably won't care when the game comes, unless you are Gabs, then i don't know when you'll stop caring...