New NWN 2 Info

Rhomal

The first Neverwinter Nights game did not appear buggy to me when it first came out. I enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Too bad there will not be any horse that you can ride in the second game though.  :rolleyes:

The player client, OC itself was not that bad to be honest stability wise.

However, the toolset liked to crash to desktop also the server was was BADLY unstable, would crash out after 30mis or so due to several memory leaks.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

NWN1 had bugs. It had a few big ones as well (I didn't get effect by it); but comapred to most games it was relatively bug free and stable. That's not saying it never crashed; 'cause it did; but not enough to worry about.

I mean some games crash repeatedly no matter what.. NWN's were rare and random.. for most people. I know some people (*cough* the Codex *cough*) think that NWN is the buggiest game EVAR. lol

Anyways, my fave NWN bug was an old one long ago fixed - it's an on line bug that occured with major lag that eventually just before a crash you would switch bodies... to other players, monsters, even inaimiate objects. LOL Thankfully, it was fixed.

As for NWN2, I epxect there will be bugs; but as long as not any major non random ones, I'll survive.

Example sof these types of bugs can be found in TOEE: - 90%+ crash rate with item creation or exiting a screen...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

NWN wasn't that buggy, there are plenty of bad things (and good) about NWN without dragging such a nonentity up.

All games have bugs that's a fact of life. It's the bugs that kill the games you have to watch out for.

Only the rare console game has bugs.

Consoles FTW!

Take that :rolleyes:

Heresy! That statement is flawed beyond belief and I demand a mod to edit it.

Plus you poor little consolers can't get patches when your game is broke. ;)

Plus you poor little consolers can't get patches when your game is broke.  :)

Not true. i look at Halo 2, which had an expansion/patch, since it fixed the low grenade-damage and melee combat and added maps :p

Also, consoles usually have less bugs because the devs know that, by conventional means, they only have one chance to get it right. so extensive testing seems to take place.

Edit: and what magical Volo just said :sorcerer:

Consoles FTW!

Take that :p

:Darque:

Edited by Blank

I have NEVER played a console game that NEEDED a patch. Not one. I have played TONS of PC games that have.

Both Kotor games?

Totally functional. i never had a problem that stopped my playing, other than the freeze after 3 hrs. of continuous play (but that just supplements my health, and i don't see it as a bug).

as for blood omen 2? i never played it. i never want to.icon3.gif

K1 had that doozy of a gamestopper on the Leviathan prison level.

But seriously there is no comparison between PC bugs and console bugs. Console games are far less buggy with the odd exception. One of the reasons I gave up on PC gaming was I got fed up of having to patch things.

Its a safe bet that NwN II is going to be buggy you just have to hope that the bugs are the trivial kind.

The defence not having a function in FFVI is about the most serious bug I can think of (for a purely console game).

Made magic defence overly useful (since all defence was calculated from it) but it didnt spoil the game even if you did go 128% magic block.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]