Diablo 3 rumours.

kirottu

In your opinion.  Don't forget it's one of the most successful PC games of all time, still actively played on battle.net.  So I'd say at least there's a good couple million people out there who'd disagree.  ;)

I think it's the simple mindlessness of the whole playing experience that sells the game. It's basic and easy to pick up while at first sight appearing to be deep and intelligent. The Da Vinci Code did much the same thing in book form.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I hated Diablow 1 and Diablow 2.

Great use of play on words <_<

And btw, why are people so dang picky with games on this forum? It has items, levels, classes, experience, skills, stats, etc. It's an RPG. thumbsup.gif

Don't degrade the genre by calling Diablo an RPG.

Diablo is junk.

But Fable's an RPG? How does that work?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Diablo caters to the idiot masses of the mainstream audience. So did Britney Spears. You may consider her a singer, but I consider her crap. You may consider Diablo a RPG, while I consider it crap. I rather play Might and Magic 9 than play a session of Diablo 1 and 2.

Fable is more a action/adventure game than a CRPG.

Yes, Diablo has stats, equipment, levels, blah blah blah. All the things that are found in CRPGs but there is something that Diablo lacks which a CRPG has. That is dialog that allows one to role play their character. I don't see any good dialog options in Diablo like there is in Fallout, KotOR, Planescape Torment, and the such. Character interaction, in more ways than just swing a sword, is needed to make a CRPG into a CRPG.

Edited by Judge Hades

If the game offers no roleplaying, its not an RPG. Period. Just like how an FPS game where you couldnt shoot stuff wouldnt be an FPS game.

but publishers like easy, established labels so thats really of no consequence.

Millions of people like Britney Spears.  That doesn't mean they have good taste in music.

Oh please, Britney Spears is a joke.  Nobody takes her seriously anymore.  Also, music and games are two different things, you can't really compare the two in some cases.

And for the record, it is an RPG.  Deal with it.  ;)

Its exacty the same things. Britney Spears extremely dumbed-down but catchy tunes appeal to people in the same eay that Diablos simplistic gameplay does. Face it, most people are dumb and completely lack taste, they will listen to whatever catches their fancy at the moment and play whatever game offer an hour worth of mindless timewasting.

I mean, just because people eat millions of hamburgers each week it doesnt mean theyre the crown of creation as far as food goes :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I "heard" more than 13 million.

At fifty bucks a piece?

Heja Sverige!!

*blah blah blah*  TROLL *blah blah blah*

*yadda yadda yadda*  If you don't agree with me, you're a stupidhead!!

Oh, spare us the attitude already. Just because people have different opinions from yours doesn't mean they're "dumb" or that yours is right. I could just as easily say KB's dumb because he likes cricket and croquet. But I don't, because people like different things, that doesn't make it right or wrong. Your whole "I'm right, if you don't agree you're dumb" attitude is utterly retarded and just makes you look like an idiot in the process. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mothman

This means that Blizzard has the money to do any game it wishes and instead keeps on pandering to the masses with simple and superficial games.

Heja Sverige!!

That's kind of the point, I hope you know. They're a business, okay? They make games people will buy so they can make $$$. They're not going to make games to satisfy a small, select audience (a.k.a. YOU) if that's not what most people want. And if people keep buying it, then they must be doing something right. In my humble opinion though, WC3 was far from "simple". I think it's one of the most complex recent RTS's available out of sheer replayability alone.

Edited by Mothman

Yes, Diablo has stats, equipment, levels, blah blah blah.  All the things that are found in CRPGs but there is something that Diablo lacks which a CRPG has.  That is dialog that allows one to role play their character.  I don't see any good dialog options in Diablo like there is in Fallout, KotOR, Planescape Torment, and the such.  Character interaction, in more ways than just swing a sword, is needed to make a CRPG into a CRPG.

Then I guess many of those old gold box games you claimed to have played (and championed as being the good old days of RPG gaming) aren't RPGs either.

If the game offers no roleplaying, its not an RPG. Period. Just like how an FPS game where you couldnt shoot stuff wouldnt be an FPS game.

but publishers like easy, established labels so thats really of no consequence.

Millions of people like Britney Spears.  That doesn't mean they have good taste in music.

Oh please, Britney Spears is a joke.  Nobody takes her seriously anymore.  Also, music and games are two different things, you can't really compare the two in some cases.

And for the record, it is an RPG.  Deal with it.  :)

Its exacty the same things. Britney Spears extremely dumbed-down but catchy tunes appeal to people in the same eay that Diablos simplistic gameplay does. Face it, most people are dumb and completely lack taste, they will listen to whatever catches their fancy at the moment and play whatever game offer an hour worth of mindless timewasting.

I mean, just because people eat millions of hamburgers each week it doesnt mean theyre the crown of creation as far as food goes ;)

No, it's not. I was never discussing whether or not the game was smart or difficult to play, but whether or not it's an RPG.

Most people are also what drive the market. We're the odd and unusual ones, not them.

Edited by alanschu