Diablo 3 rumours.

kirottu

Another fascinating thing is killing an enemy, then raising them back to life as a skeleton to do your bidding. :D That's probably the coolest aspect of the Necromancer - summoning spells. Golems are fun to use, too. As far as the poison and bone category, I'd say one of the most useful is "poison dagger".

Edited by Mothman

So can firewall and fireball. I even did damage with those spells to Diablo, which i found odd, he should be immune to fire based attacks, being a devil of the flames.

Quite. I freely admit that my own sorceress couldn't have survived more than three seconds inside one of her own firewalls... :p

But a paladin that spams the zeal + fanaticism skills is also pretty lethal, especially if you're also using life- and mana-stealing equipment. I really hadn't taken the hammer-thing much by the time I confronted Baal, so there was little choice but getting in there in melee while keeping a finger on my rejuvenation potions. I took blows, but with a bit of hit and run, Baal eventually went down... :devil:

A lot less finesse than the sorceress, though I found dealing with Duriel is quite a pain with the sorceress - I was constantly running for my life! Not to mention the councilmembers... :("

Another fascinating thing is killing an enemy, then raising them back to life as a skeleton to do your bidding.  :D  That's probably the coolest aspect of the Necromancer - summoning spells.

And really useful when you go up against Nilathak (sp?) in the expansion. I really missed the necromancer's ability to do corpse explosions just so he couldn't do it against me when I played something else...

Golems are fun to use, too.  As far as the poison and bone category, I'd say one of the most useful is "poison dagger".

Yeah. Except I always thought the golem should have been more of a sorceress thing...

All this talk about the sorceress. She is good but I like the necromancer. He can summon his own undead army to fight for him.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I love Metor. Always have, even before the patches.

Fire/Ice for me, I solo'd a lot, and not just 'boss runs', I needed/wanted 2 elements, even if they were weaker power-wise.

Paladin's were great fun, except I could never build one quite right. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sometimes it can get hard finding the right balance of offensive/defensive auras. I'd say "thorns" is among my favorites. :D I usually don't do the holy fire/shock/freeze auras becuase they tend to be pretty useless (at least to me). They also could have made the "blessed hammer" skill a lot more useful. Although I hear with the patch it's a lot better. Anyone here tried it out?

I love just, as a necromancer, pumping my skelly skills up until I've got my own army of badass undead. Love it in the early levels of the OC and even later on, as I can just sit back, watch them annihilate everything within a 100 ft. radius and collect the loot afterwards.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

My highest character is a barbarian. Double swing is one of my favorites skills, along with leap attack. Putting points into "axe mastery" helps my character a lot. Whirlwind is fun to watch. :wub: I once had this really powerful weapon called the "Shadow Thirst Giant Axe", which was the most powerful I had in my inventory, then I lost it by accident, and haven't found a weapon as powerful since. :wacko:

Sometimes it can get hard finding the right balance of offensive/defensive auras.  I'd say "thorns" is among my favorites.  :D  I usually don't do the holy fire/shock/freeze auras becuase they tend to be pretty useless (at least to me).  They also could have made the "blessed hammer" skill a lot more useful.  Although I hear with the patch it's a lot better.  Anyone here tried it out?

The Blessed Hammer became THE skill for Paladin's in 1.10

I tried a necro once, I kinda liked the army you can build, though they seemed weak.

I've heard they've been improved with patches.

I always thought they were pretty able in a fight. If one is destroyed just create another. :(

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Never cared much about playing as a paladin or barbarian. Could be because I'm not into do-gooders and primitives.

I tried each once (actually I've tried every character just because I hate not knowing how something works in a game)

I never took either far, though I have to admit I liked what I was able to do with the barbarian... multihitting each and every attack was awesome :D

And with the gear I had, I never ran out of mana so I could do it infinitely. :rolleyes:

But it got dull...

Wow, that's dedication :rolleyes:

I rarely take something past Andariel on the first level if I can't get into it.

Not all in one go ;)

Diablo II used to be my filler game which I played between releases.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]