Kotor 3 sorta confirmed by ign

Skeeter

IGN kotor 3 news

Havent read kotor 3 topics here but just read this from bioware forums about kotor 3 is in development by obsidian entertainment.

Only things i would like is no revisits to same planets as k1 and 2, make it look like halflife 2 or doom 3 gfx style as in "modern and realistic". And make it 2x as long and have hk-47 still in hehe as after all the starwars films to me about the adventures of the droids c3po and r2d2 as there the only ones in all films practically. Oh and it should be set in a time a bit closer to the modern age rather than stuck in the past. Or maybe a future kotor after luke and leia and han, set about 30 years after. Now that would be cool. :wacko:

With regards to total real time combat i really hope that doesnt happen as kotor games semi real time combat is great and should be kept as its well just the best system as a rpg game it should be kept to stats gameplay rather than how many hits you can pull off. Plus the current system works so well.

Edited by Skeeter

Havent read kotor 3 topics here but just read this from bioware forums about kotor 3 is in development by obsidian entertainment.

No.

Are these simple game journalists' predictions/speculations or is there some truth to it this time?

No.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

No.

Are these simple game journalists' predictions/speculations or is there some truth to it this time?

No.

No to what? the speculations or the truth? Both?

Old rumor.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The only confirmations worth getting excited over are those form the company's that would be involved in making the game. Game news sites don't mean a thing. Just rumor and speculation.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

No.

No.

No to what? the speculations or the truth? Both?

no-clue-480.png

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The only thing closest to a KotOR III-rumor that i know of, is that Feargus said in a recent interview that Obsidian is looking for a new deal in the next couple of weeks with a publisher.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Rumours are fine, it's seeing the same rumour over and over again that gets me. :thumbsup:

Especially if there is 300% certainty the rumors are false, and still so many people try to believe them...

IGN Predicts 2006, Pt. 1

What will 2006 bring? IGN's editors prophesize the future of Xbox 360 in 2006.

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

They don't know a thing.

Edited by AlternaFurkle

The only confirmations worth getting excited over are those form the company's that would be involved in making the game. Game news sites don't mean a thing. Just rumor and speculation.

And sometimes even dev.-s are not to trust in these things :lol:

but yes, there is I think a KOTOR in dev already, but becouse of problems with LA, they hide it, they don't know how the license will work out. :ph34r:

IB1OsQq.png

typically Gromnir would discount ign predictions as nothing more than their oh so typical insipid ramblings.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/686/686673p1.html

typical ign fare... neither useful nor amusing.

however, they did recently tour the obsidian office and do interviews with obsidian employees n' such...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/685/685126p1.html

we see three likely possibilities to explain the rumor being spread by ign:

1) the ign folks is retarded

2) the ign folks is naive

3) obsidian is working on kotor3

ign folks could simply be too dumb to live. they add 2 + 2 and they gets pi.

is possible.

'course, fergie knows that false rumors can generate as much or more hype than real ones, so maybe he were intentionally dropping hints to ign in hopes of creating false rumors... 'cause obsidian ain't generating all that much interest with the real games they is working on completing.

seems very unlikely... but is not the kinda thing we would put past fergie.

maybe obsidian is really working on kotor3.

*shrug*

option 1 seems most likely.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"'cause obsidian ain't generating all that much interest with the real games they is working on completing."

Oh really? Come back and say that when NWN2 sells 1 mil+ copies.

R00fles! :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

typically Gromnir would discount ign predictions as nothing more than their oh so typical insipid ramblings. 

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/686/686673p1.html

typical ign fare... neither useful nor amusing.

however, they did recently tour the obsidian office and do interviews with obsidian employees n' such...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/685/685126p1.html

we see three likely possibilities to explain the rumor being spread by ign:

1) the ign folks is retarded

2) the ign folks is naive

3) obsidian is working on kotor3

ign folks could simply be too dumb to live.  they add 2 + 2 and they gets pi. 

is possible.

'course, fergie knows that false rumors can generate as much or more hype than real ones, so maybe he were intentionally dropping hints to ign in hopes of creating false rumors... 'cause obsidian ain't generating all that much interest with the real games they is working on completing.

seems very unlikely... but is not the kinda thing we would put past fergie. 

maybe obsidian is really working on kotor3.

*shrug*

option 1 seems most likely.

HA! Good Fun!

Baley's posting manner is starting to look completely sane next to yours :ermm:

I think they are working on KOTOR 3....they may be working on a playable demo and send it to the brass at LA and say "OK, this is what 25% of KOTOR 3 looks like, tell us if you are interested".

I really wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that.

You're kidding.... right?

Why would Obsidian sink money and resources into something that LA hasn't even OK'd yet? Not to mention I don't think it's even legal for them to do that.