Kotor 3 sorta confirmed by ign

Skeeter

Yup, since Troika went under and Jade Empire wasn't the multi-million seller Bioware hoped it to be, i'm a bit pessimistic about the future.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think the fact that they have an ongoing KOTOR comic is evidence that they do, in fact, see this as an "ongoing franchise", as LA employees have been quoted as saying.

the KOTOR comic writer even went so far as to say that the new game would "provide momentum" for the comic.

I think we will hear something by E3.

I personally, want Obsidian to wrap this up.

After K3, I wouldn't mind a different era for the next RPG, although KOTOR era would be fine.

Though didn't the comic come first?

no. KOTOR I was loosely based on the setting described in the Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi comics, that, essentially, tell the story of Exar Kun and the Sith War. KOTOR is about 40 years after Kun's demise, IIRC.

the first KOTOR comic was released Jan 2006.

The KOTOR comic writer even went so far as to say that the new game would "provide momentum" for the comic.

That's a pretty obviously truism.

If LA publish a game, which engenders pumping several millions into a marketing campaign, then it is only logical that anyone in the gravy train will necessarily get a fillup.

It still doesn't mean anything. :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It still doesn't mean anything. :shifty:

Why so agnostic?

I would say realistic not agnostic.

:shifty:

Hype serves no useful purpose to the game development cycle; in fact I would counter that it does a lot more harm than good. Pressure to get the game out, get the return on the marketing investment and hurry up and get onto the next Big Moneymaking Thing.

Bad.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

on the one hand, I agree but K2 fans have already had to wait a long time.

Not really. It's barely been a year for most people, and hasn't even been a year for PC users.

Doom was years in between, as were other popular franchises like C&C Tiberian Sun, Half-Life 2, etc.

It's not uncommon for there to be years in between.

Edited by alanschu