Kotor 3 sorta confirmed by ign

Skeeter

You're kidding.... right?

Why would Obsidian sink money and resources into something that LA hasn't even OK'd yet? Not to mention I don't think it's even legal for them to do that.

it would be unheard of for an established company to do that, yes.

but I think it is possible in this case.

I think there is still a tug-of-war going on behind the scenes as to who will

actually develop KOTOR 3.

you can write anything (including derivative works)...the only trouble comes when you want to make money on it without permission.

But Obsdian currently has manpower for two teams. That have been said many times. Other team is working on NWN 2 and other team is working PNJ, which is orginal IP. So no kotor3 for 2006 by Obsidian.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think they are working on KOTOR 3....they may be working on a playable demo and send it to the brass at LA and say "OK, this is what 25% of KOTOR 3 looks like, tell us if you are interested".

I really wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that.

Something like this happened a lot with other games already...it can be :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

the bottom line is, I don't know....but I doubt IGN was just pulling something out of thin air.

Due, you know the meaning of

PREDICTIONS and WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE and WE SUSPECT etc.

I believe the general translation is: Things we pull out of our ass to gain intrest in our IGN articles ^_^

Well I never really doubted that a third one would be made, but it's good to hear for sure that it is being made anyhow. Oh and for all who see this, this is my first post on the servers. Good to meet you and thanks for having me. Cya around. :thumbsup:

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Stating with certainty that Kotor3 is not being made is no different to saying that one rumour proves Kotor3 is already in production. Most games have months, if not years, of development behind them before they are announced. One rumour proves nothing. If there were a flurry of independent rumours, well, that also proves nothing, though it would be grounds for modest optimism. Failing that, we just don't know.

Our own opinions on whether Kotor3 should be made, or whether it will be a good game, have absolutely no impact on whether it will be, or is already being, developed.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

IGN can dream all they want since a KotOR III will be made in the future. Selling 1.5 million copies is too much for Lucasarts to let it slip by.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

IGN can dream all they want since a KotOR III will be made in the future. Selling 1.5 million copies is too much for Lucasarts to let it slip by.

We can only hope.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bioware or Obsidian. No one else could really pull it off.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest The Architect
Bioware or Obsidian. No one else could really pull it off.

I hope Obsidian makes K3, not BioWare. There the only ones that know where this story is going, they started the "True Sith" plot, they should finish it.

Edited by The Architect

Bioware makes only their own IPs now.

Let's hope OE follows after PNJ.

Kinda tiresome these days to only see sequels

...and hopefully it's successfully enough to keep Obsidian in the lane, so to speak.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy