Support Obsidian and LucasArts

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

To every KOTOR Fan out there, promise yourself you will buy a KOTOR II Special Edition on X-Box or PC if it comes out.

I wish there would be a KOTOR Special Edition that Obsidian would do. I'm very grateful that Team Gizka and the M4-78 Restoration Project's are happening but I want EVERYTHING restored. And yes I know some things were cut because they decided to cut it but I'm talking about all the stuff that was cut that was going to be in the final-version of the game.

By the way, I emailed Obsidian and asked them if they were interested in doing a KOTOR II Special Edition and they replied to me said yes they would be. All it needs is for LucasArts to give the greenlight. There is money to be made here...Don't they realise how many people want a KOTOR II Special-Edition? I think they are afraid to go ahead with it because they feel it would be a waste of time and there is no point in doing it because they won't make much money but there wrong, people like myself, would buy a KOTOR Special-Edition.

What does it take to get the message across!? If I have to go on every KOTOR II related forum on the Internet and encourage people to support LucasArts and Obsidian and buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition if they make one then I will. I don't want K3 yet, I'm not interested in a K3 at the moment, I want a KOTOR II Special Edition first, not K3!

To every KOTOR Fan out there, promise yourself you will buy a KOTOR II Special Edition on X-Box or PC if it comes out.

I wish there would be a KOTOR Special Edition that Obsidian would do. I'm very grateful that Team Gizka and the M4-78 Restoration Project's are happening but I want EVERYTHING restored. And yes I know some things were cut because they decided to cut it but I'm talking about all the stuff that was cut that was going to be in the final-version of the game.

By the way, I emailed Obsidian and asked them if they were interested in doing a KOTOR II Special Edition and they replied to me said yes they would be. All it needs is for LucasArts to give the greenlight. There is money to be made here...Don't they realise how many people want a KOTOR II Special-Edition? I think they are afraid to go ahead with it because they feel it would be a waste of time and there is no point in doing it because they won't make much money but there wrong, people like myself, would buy a KOTOR Special-Edition.

What does it take to get the message across!? If I have to go on every KOTOR II related forum on the Internet and encourage people to support LucasArts and Obsidian and buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition if they make one then I will. I don't want K3 yet, I'm not interested in a K3 at the moment, I want a KOTOR II Special Edition first, not K3!

I don't mind if KOTOR 3 (from Obsidian) gets out first, I will buy the SP edition anyway :thumbsup:

IB1OsQq.png

Guest The Architect
yea I would buy it if it was PC... if they would do it..

They told me they'd be interested. All it takes is for LucasArts to give them permission...Obsidian should ask LucasArts and tell them that thousands of people want and will buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition.

They told me they'd be interested. All it takes is for LucasArts to give them permission...Obsidian should ask LucasArts and tell them that thousands of people want and will buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition.

well most peope are ok with whats going on by Team Gizka.. thats the bad part.. most people would rather wait for a K-3.. than buy a k-2 expansion and then wait even longer for K-3...

Why did they tell that to you? They have been very silent in this case...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As I also said in the RP sticky;

Things like this has been done before, and usually end up that people really don't wan't to pay $50 for a game they should have gotten in the first place for their other $50.

As for "just need LA's permission" you'll already hit the dead wall.

OE asked LA for a content patch, they denied

More patches (or the current one on time), denied

LA completely abandoned the game...

IF (small, small, small chance) I would prefer a "Content Patch" where you have to pay a small sum for (give it a cool name like "Boosterpack" to reveal that it isn't really an restoration) to DL it... but not a whole new game again you have to pay $50 or worse for...

Guest The Architect

Why did they tell that to you? They have been very silent in this case...

I emailed them. They got back to me and told me. Simple. Although now that Battlecookie has made some interesting points, I too think a KOTOR II Special-Edition is not going to happen, but I hope it does. Even if people don't want to fork out $90 (AUS) for it I will. Forget K3 for the time being, finish off KOTOR II.

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
Isn't that what the Restoration Project is for??

Maybe Obsidian is trying to get LA's permission to work with Team-Gizka, or maybe not.... :)

That would be a great idea! If LucasArts lets Obsidian help Team-Gizka and the M4-78 Restoration Project then you'll have a complete game!

I agree that such a package could not be full-priced. An example, perhaps, is Fable: The Lost Chapters. All it is is the Fable game with some extra content. It sells at Best Buy for $19.99.

I would buy a Special Edition if it were so priced (and especially if it had a saved game editor and toolset).

another thing that could help justify it would be to have a new map (not just talking about Droid World).

it wouldn't have to be anything too major....heck, it could even be the Yavin Space Station again because, chances are, a new map would not be integral to the story.

by having an entire map that is only available in the Special Edition, that would help sell it alot as would a soundtrack and the other extras one might except.

Guest The Architect
another thing that could help justify it would be to have a new map (not just talking about Droid World).

it wouldn't have to be anything too major....heck, it could even be the Yavin Space Station again because, chances are, a new map would not be integral to the story.

by having an entire map that is only available in the Special Edition, that would help sell it alot as would a soundtrack and the other extras one might except.

Good idea...Your technique would indeed ensure a Special Edition would sell lots of copies. If there is money to be made then LucasArts would be interested. But the question is, how do we get their attention? Another thing, if we did get their attention, we'd have to let them know why we want a Special Edition, what long and short-term benefits they'd get out of it and how it's possible.

Hum... well, if they release a Special Edition with the cutted stuff included, I would get it from a friend. They should've taken the time to finish the game, not charge us poor gamers again. That would be a rip-off.

Sorry.

If by this special edition you mean, an actually finished game then yes, I would be interested.

KotoR2 was a great game, and obs did wonders with the time that they had, but as we all know, it was simply not finished.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Guest MacLeodCorp

That is pretty cool. However, I don't see myself buying another KotOR II at $50 again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

If there was a solid promise by Obsidian Ent and Lucas Arts to take their time, I would probally rent a KotOR II _ Special Edition. However, I would not buy it.

What is done is done. Time to move onto another saga.

Edit: Add:

I am open for a KotOR II - Expansion Pack, which could have a decent price of $20.

Edited by MacLeodCorp

oh yeah, and i would add a soundtrack cd to the list of extras such a package should have.

Where can I get them NOW? ....I mean the soundtracs :-"

:p

Isn't the soundtrack available on the game CD or on your HD after install?

Only some of them in the game directory...or are there all the others too?....WHERE?! ;)

IB1OsQq.png