Support Obsidian and LucasArts

Guest The Architect

I don't see what the problem is. LucasArts can make some extra cash. It's like refusing $1 000 000 offered to you for free...Make a KOTOR II Special-Edition god damn it, Obsidian have told me they want to so LucasArts, what's the problem?

You have a sound idea, but would it be worth $50 or $20?

Would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 2 again?

Or, would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 3?

Though question....

... NOT!

K3! K3! K3! K3!

I don't see what the problem is. LucasArts can make some extra cash. It's like refusing $1 000 000 offered to you for free...Make a KOTOR II Special-Edition god damn it, Obsidian have told me they want to so LucasArts, what's the problem?

You have a sound idea, but would it be worth $50 or $20?

Would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 2 again?

Or, would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 3?

Though question....

... NOT!

K3! K3! K3! K3!

It was a trick question. :p

I think it's a given that everyone wants KoTOR 3, so you won't hear any arguements from me. What I'm saying is that if Team-gizka is succesful in re-creating the cut content it would be a great idea for LA to step in and negotiate a deal to sell it as a "Special Edition", much like Big Blue Box did with Fable: The Lost Chapters. I also believe that LA would realize they can't sell it at the orig. selling price but would offer it at 20.00 much like Fable. Again, this would require a minor investment on LA's part which could potentially lead to a serious windfall for them. It would also be a great Public relations tool by bringing the series back into the public eye and bridge the gap till the release of KoTOR 3.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

I think it's a given that everyone wants KoTOR 3, so you won't hear any arguements from me.  What I'm saying is that if Team-gizka is succesful in re-creating the cut content it would be a great idea for LA to step in and negotiate a deal to sell it as a "Special Edition", much like Big Blue Box did with Fable: The Lost Chapters.  I also believe that LA would realize they can't sell it at the orig. selling price but would offer it at 20.00 much like Fable.  Again, this would require a minor investment on LA's part which could potentially lead to a serious windfall for them.  It would also be a great Public relations tool by bringing the series back into the public eye and bridge the gap till the release of KoTOR 3.

I don't play too many games, so I have never heard of this happening before. It would be intresting to see. How would the support go? Do you think Lucas Arts would support fan based work? :p

Edited by DarthMethos

Sorry, I think that they should stick with NWN2 and then work on K3 >.> The story, while cut out, is fine as it is.... Leaves a lot of room for storyline and plus, not everyone is going to play the Special Edition so when they talk about all this stuff that was not in the officially released, but was in the Special Edition in k3...people are going to be somewhat upset if so and so has died. I just say, let Team Gizka finish their work for everyone that wants a complete game, you know?

Sorry, I think that they should stick with NWN2 and then work on K3 >.> The story, while cut out, is fine as it is.... Leaves a lot of room for storyline and plus, not everyone is going to play the Special Edition so when they talk about all this stuff that was not in the officially released, but was in the Special Edition in k3...people are going to be somewhat upset if so and so has died. I just say, let Team Gizka finish their work for everyone that wants a complete game, you know?

Well, NWN2's pub is Atari, not LucasArts. So if LucasArts wants a KOTOR3 ASAP they will go with another dev, not Obsidian.

However, it is rumored that LA won't be doing anything for a while so maybe they are waiting for OE to finish those 3 projects before asking for K3, which could be in 3-4 years(!).

Or, LA is peed-off that OE didn't finish the game properly in that short devtime and they are just looking for another dev that will put up with their demands.

It would also be a great Public relations tool by bringing the series back into the public eye and bridge the gap till the release of KoTOR 3.

Indeed.

"LucasArts proudly presents the Kotor2: Collector's Editon, subtitled; The Full Game! In this game you can do all kind of fun stuff you were supposed to be doing half a year ago, like visiting the Droid Factory with HK, visit a droid planet to meet Vash and HAVE AN ACTUAL ENDING"

*Audience claps*

"ofcourse, for all this stuff you paid $50 for already to get should cost you another $40 bucks. No point waiting for Team Gizka now, because we sued them into oblivion. And while you are at it we also hereby announce Kotor3, sceduled for Christmas 2006. Either get it then (and function as paid beta-tester) or wait half a year for the Full Version!"

Great publicity. The people would surely give them a "warm" welcome...

I love the smell of a burned LA-office in the morning :lol:

It would also be a great Public relations tool by bringing the series back into the public eye and bridge the gap till the release of KoTOR 3.

Indeed.

"LucasArts proudly presents the Kotor2: Collector's Editon, subtitled; The Full Game! In this game you can do all kind of fun stuff you were supposed to be doing half a year ago, like visiting the Droid Factory with HK, visit a droid planet to meet Vash and HAVE AN ACTUAL ENDING"

*Audience claps*

"ofcourse, for all this stuff you paid $50 for already to get should cost you another $40 bucks. No point waiting for Team Gizka now, because we sued them into oblivion. And while you are at it we also hereby announce Kotor3, sceduled for Christmas 2006. Either get it then (and function as paid beta-tester) or wait half a year for the Full Version!"

I love the smell of a burned LA-office in the morning :wub:

Dang right :lol:

Indeed.

*Audience claps*

I love the smell of a burned LA-office in the morning :thumbsup:

(w00t)

Guest The Architect

Yeah I suppose. But you'd think that anyone who's played KOTOR II would find out about a KOTOR II Special-Edition and want to get their hands on one, especially considering the fact that if it was only $30 (US). I'm from Australia, and I'd say $30 US is a pretty good price for you guys to pay for it...

Guest The Architect

Okay. I've come to the conclusion that LucasArts should give permission to Obsidian to let them help Team-Gizka and the M4-78 Restoration Project and make the "Full-Complete Mod" for free.

I guess I forgot to mention the Tshirt and coffee mug  :thumbsup:

How about;

A making off video

A Kotor2-concept art by Brian Menze with signature

Joseph Bullock guaranteed at QA testing

A map of every planet

An option to skip Peragus :thumbsup:"

Etc. etc. etc.

:luck:

Edited by Battlecookiee

Guest The Architect

I know I heard someone say before that not everyone would buy or play a KOTOR II Platinum Edition containing all the deleted content, therefore, they may get confused or pissed off when playing K3 because they'd be like "Hey, when did this happen, blah blah blah, etc, etc..." But who cares? That's their problem. Fable and Morrowind brought out extended editions containing restored cut-content and Obsidian have told me they'd love to do a KOTOR II Extended Edition, so I don't see any problems with it, especially considering the fact that It'd be available say, half-price.

As long as it bags them even more capital, then LAs would be foolish to object.

...and include a mouse mat with that list of goodies! :)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I will concede that the content should have been included in the orig game, (along with the QA) however, if they were to release the missing content it would only flesh out the story and not change the ending. Essentially, the missing content amounts to side quests. Ultimately, the game ends the same way. Now, from what I undestand those side quests will help you make sense of the ending but it won't prevent you from playing KoTOR 3 (if they make it) and understanding what happened. This is exactly like Fable: The Lost Chapters and I don't see fans of that franchise "burning down" Big Blue Box and Lionhead because that content wasn't included in the orig game. The extra content was offered at a reasonable price ($20.00) and has sold fairly well. I think if LA adopted a similar stratedgy they would make a lot of money and make many fans happy. Although I'm all in favor of them doing this I have to say that the likelyhood of it happening is incredibly small.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

I think Fable's may have actually been cut content.  At the very least, cut at some point, but perhaps not quite as much as KOTOR 2 in terms of finished product.

I don't know about that. The Lost Chapters felt takked on to me. You beat the bad guy, the world is safe again. Oh wait, a brand new threat that no one ever heard of! Yay!