KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

My ideas for the complete crew (where and when you meet them or get them to join you is based on your choices from the previous games) of the Ebon Hawk

HK-47 (this is a given)

T3 (also a given)

Handmaiden

Bastila

Carth

Atton or perhaps Disciple

Then maybe 1 or 2 new characters

Cameos:

Canderous aka Mandalore

Visas

Juhani

Jolee

Mira

Both Wookies

This is really just a guess, in all honesty I usually finish KotOR II with MIra, Atton, Handmaiden, and Bao-Dur cause I like to play Lightside Male. In all honesty they probably need to make something like 6-8 different crew configurations so that it can Remain true to what choices you made in the previous 2 games

For instance, if I did Light side Male Revan and Light side Male Exile. I would probably start out with the droids, Handmaiden, Atton, and Bao Dur, and possibly Mira (I personally hope she got stranded on Malachor). Then later on I would meet back up with Carth and Bastila. Perhaps Carth wouldn't be a part of the crew just an ally, especially since he would be an Admiral. Although personally I would want Jolee to be a part of my crew too, that old man makes me laugh.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

If the game follows the movies, it should be purely coincidental. I mean, it is already almost copying the universe of Star Wars. We need originality and I really hope they didn't actually go out of their way to mask obvious inspirations from the movies to avoid accusations of plagiarism.

Again... They have already done this in the second and the first movies... why should they not do so again?

Its not like you felt anything while you played the game.. you never heard a sith lord telling you that he is your father...or that your scout is inlove in the queen of Onderon :\

Also, I do hope they change the combat system as it is very outdated by now especially when you compare the lightsaber combat from that to what we have seen in the last 2 prequel movies. My suggestion is that they get Nick Gillard involved so they can really come to an understanding of what combat in the Star Wars Galaxies is really like. After all when they used Nic Gillard as a consulatant for the Episode III game it really made the game have the best jedi action we have seen so far in a game.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

My ideas for the complete crew (where and when you meet them or get them to join you is based on your choices from the previous games) of the Ebon Hawk

HK-47 (this is a given)

T3 (also a given)

Handmaiden

Bastila

Carth

Atton or perhaps Disciple

Then maybe 1 or 2 new characters

Cameos:

Canderous aka Mandalore

Visas

Juhani

Jolee

Mira

Both Wookies

This is really just a guess, in all honesty I usually finish KotOR II with MIra, Atton, Handmaiden, and Bao-Dur cause I like to play Lightside Male.  In all honesty they probably need to make something like 6-8 different crew configurations so that it can Remain true to what choices you made in the previous 2 games

For instance, if I did Light side Male Revan and Light side Male Exile.  I would probably start out with the droids, Handmaiden, Atton, and Bao Dur, and possibly Mira (I personally hope she got stranded on Malachor).  Then later on I would meet back up with Carth and Bastila.  Perhaps Carth wouldn't be a part of the crew just an ally, especially since he would be an Admiral.  Although personally I would want Jolee to be a part of my crew too, that old man makes me laugh.

Jolee is too old to be a party member now >.>

I'm gonna admit that I pretty much read none of the previous posts in this thread. I'm lazy, sue me. Please keep in mind, that I only play the xbox versions of the games, so all my gripes with the last games apply to the console version. Look, Obsidian. We know you're either at least in the planning stages of the third installment or planning to do a third installment. Based on the success and popularity of the series, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out LucasArts is gonna be pushing for a third game. So without further ado...

I liked KOTOR's story better than the sequel's, but I liked KOTOR II's ambiguity. I know Obsidian has completely different writers than BioWare, but it would be nice to see a balance between the two writing styles in the third.

The influence system was awesome. Keep it in. The option to make some of your companions Jedi was great. The sole reason I play Star Wars games (post-N64) is for the Jedi, so don't hesitate to keep that feature in the third game. For those who don't want a lot of Jedi, they dont' have to train their companions to be Jedi. Everyone wins. However, I hated the fact that Bao-Dur couldn't wear robes because of his lack of arm. In order to give him any protection, I had to stick him in armor, which restricted most of the better Force powers. What a rip off.

The light/dark side system was implemented much better in KOTOR II. I'm looking forward to see the improvements in the third game. Honestly, I wouldn't care if it was improved. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (But don't be lazy either. I'm a stickler.)

The item system in KOTOR II was better for one reason: it had more stuff. A lot more, actually. But for some reason, out of the countless times I played the game, 90-95% of the time I ended up with bottom-of-the-barrel items like chemicals, shields, and small amounts of credits. In other words, I got everything I didn't need and nothing I did. Countless games I would go without getting a single Jedi Knight robe. Items are my favorite part of this series, so you can imagine my frustration at getting nothing. I liked how KOTOR had (for the most part) set loot drops in terms of lightsabers, crystals, and robes. It was nice actually having more than enough robes Perhaps in the third game, you guys could make some crystals and robes appear at set locations. Or maybe improve the loot tables so that better items drop more frequently at lower difficulties. I'd actually like to equip my party with decent robes. What can I say? I'm a robe freak.

I think everyone will agree with me that we need (not want, NEED) more visual customization for the main character. Perhaps not just choose from pre-made heads, but actually create our own. Nothing too detailed. Perhaps choosing just a basic face shape, eye color, hair, facial hair, and skin color. I would also LOVE to make an alien character.

Please interject some Sith/Dark Jedi throughout the game. I'm not talking weaklings with staffs. I'm talking lightsaber-weilding bad @$$es that jump you at certain points in the game like in KOTOR. Speaking of Sith, I really liked hanging out at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine with all the Jedi. That's one of the things about KOTOR II that bummed me out; the lack of Jedi NPCs. I know it was important for the story, but still. Interacting with more Jedi would be a plus.

Adding ranks would be a nice addition, too. Please keep presitge classes. That was a great idea. The ranks I'm talking about would actually take more work than just reaching a certain level. Perhaps completing a series of side quests or getting a certain amount of light/dark side points would grant you a new rank. The ranks would be Padawan, Jedi Knight, Jedi Master, Sith Apprentice, and Sith Lord. Everyone would start out as a padawan and depending on your allignment, you'd get an appropriate rank. Perhaps each rank gives you stat and damage bonuses, making you stronger.

if the make KOTOR to much like episode III the we mite lose its RPG elements

I am not saying they should get rid of the good ole action turn based dealio, just make the fights look more realistic and true to what we have seen in the past 2 movies, also change the whole way feats are involved in combat I personally think they ruin things, you should be able to pick strategies for the fight not super moves that get spammed.

I especially would hate if the game lost its RPG elements, I too love choosing abilities, skills, and force powers as well. As well as they not too linear gameplay.

Oh and I just like Jolee cause I thought he was funny. Plus in The Sith Lords Chronicles they said he sort of a leader to a certain faction of "lost" jedi which could come in handy during KotOR III.

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

Edited for content

Hmm. For the people that have not been keeping up with the endless amount of pages of Kotor 3, here is my currently revised storyline.

Basically, you start as some good-for-nothing slave to one of the lowlier True Sith out on the Outer Rim. You only have one other friend and it is dependant on your gender for possible love interest. Also, you felt different from the other people since you could hear the Force but did not want to tell your Master for some reason. He always makes you do orders, and if you don't..he proceeds to electrocute you until you do what he asks. While on your various trips to deliver packages to other Sith members (a chance to meet prominent Sith in the storyline), you would see two figures covertly killing a few Sith here and there. Your character is in awe of their lightsaber, their robes, their very presence. You don't get to talk to them until a few times after you seen them. Once you finally do, you explain to them your situation of being a slave to a Sith and they agree to free you by getting rid of your master.

You lure him out and they quickly strike him down. Realizing you are Force Sensitive, the Exile and Revan ask you to join their resistance group which happens to be a rather small group. They do not reveal much of what is really happening, just a brief overview and sends you off to retrieve a list of people to bring back that could potentially be useful. People that could be in there would be Atton/Visas, Carth,Bastila, the droids, and possibly Bao-Dur (basically the ones that were really important to either storyline or just generally liked). According to Revan and Exile's gender, only certain people would come i.e. Atton would come if Exile was female but not male but Bastila would come anyway since of the bond if Revan was male or female.

You come back from your adventures, get raised up a few ranks and are manning a party of your own with a few new people as well as some old depending on what you want. A few reunion cutscenes would also ensue between Revan, Exile, and their friends..This is also the time you become an apprentice, and what job you choose is what master you would have (would pick from either Exile, Revan, or Bastila to serve as your master).

And I think that is a good idea of what kind of direction the game should head off into.

I apologize if people have already seen this post, but I am doing it for those that do not read pages and pages of this thread.

Edited by Phaedra36

Guest The Architect

What I want in K3...

- The ability to choose Revan and the Exile's gender, alignment and appearence.

- Have both Revan and the Exile make appearences about 2/3's in K3. Make it that your new main character is killed off about 2/3's in the game and how he/she dies depends on the Exile's alignment. Then take over as the Exile and kill off him/her near the end of the game and how he/she dies depends on Revan's alignment. Then for about the last 1-2 hours of the game, play as Revan. How does that sound?

- The ability to lie to your companions in order to gain influence with them

- I want my new character's gender and alignment to effect which party members I have in K3.

- I want Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment to effect which cameo's are made in K3. However, Mandalore, HK-47, T3-M4 and Bastila Shan should play a major role in K3 regardless of the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile.

- I want this to be an RPG game just like the previous ones, I want to go a new main character, I want the gender's and alignments of Revan and the Exile to effect the plot. I want the combat system to be pretty much the same as the previous KOTOR's, I want some crappy force powers to be scrapped and some new one's to be introduced, I want improved graphics and I want the replay value to be extremely high.

-  The ability to lie to your companions in order to gain influence with them

absolutley, if dialogue is going to be such an important mechanic in the game (and I generally like the idea) then we need CHAOTIC options in dialogue.

we also need to be able to do good things just to look good, not because we are being boy scouts...again, chaotic options.

KOTOR 3 should be about wrapping up everything in this story arch:

* the Exchange

* the Czerka Corp

* the Revan/Malak Sith (what remains of them)

and, of course, resolution to the unknown threat.

and at least knowing of the fates of Revan and the Exile depending on what alignment you give them in dialogue. that is why I think Bastila being heavily involved is crucial....she fills you in on the wherabouts of Revan and the Exile.....she is already a major player in her own right and you are assisting her in completing the mission. I just think that she, more than anyone else, can tie K1's story in with K2's story and set up K3's finale.

Just having a look through the threads and there are a load of good ideas, and then one strange one hit me. the one thing I disliked about KOTOR was the combat, it just didn't feel like Star Wars and then I played Jade Empire and felt myself thinking this combat method would work well with Star Wars, (however I am aware of the programming difficulties involved in implementing this and the number of zots involved) but the idea of a more free-form combat intrigues me as opposed to the 'Dance of Death' used by Nwn, and the Kotor series.

Guest The Architect

* the Exchange

* the Czerka Corp

and at least knowing of the fates of Revan and the Exile depending on what alignment you give them in dialogue.  that is why I think Bastila being heavily involved is crucial....she fills you in on the wherabouts of Revan and the Exile.....she is already a major player in her own right and you are assisting her in completing the mission.  I just think that she, more than anyone else, can tie K1's story in with K2's story and set up K3's finale.

Exactly. Those things you mentioned do need to be wrapped up. In my K3 story, Bastila plays an extremely important role in K3. Besides, it's logical to give the most popular character in the KOTOR Series a significant role.

* the Exchange

* the Czerka Corp

and at least knowing of the fates of Revan and the Exile depending on what alignment you give them in dialogue.  that is why I think Bastila being heavily involved is crucial....she fills you in on the wherabouts of Revan and the Exile.....she is already a major player in her own right and you are assisting her in completing the mission.  I just think that she, more than anyone else, can tie K1's story in with K2's story and set up K3's finale.

Although I agree with tying the loose ends with Revan, the threat and the true Sith, Czerka and the exchange are simply an afterthought, sidequests and trivial things that only serve as extra alignment shift opportunities. They should both be present in K3 but I don't think there is anything to "close" there.

Bastila should definitely be back in the party but I see her more as an opposite to Kreia, a mentor and a teacher as well as an advisor on Revan to the PC. I also think that since she is powerful(close to level 20) her control by the player should be limited OR she should appear towards the end of the game. I also like the idea of her being DS though.

I did a casual glance at the newer posts, good ideas, keep them coming.

Yippee! Mods approve! :p

I'm writing a Game Design document for K3. I have the story part done to about 10%, some character creation tweaks and additions.

I'm using the same game engine to write it(it's easier to input ideas) but that will surely change.

So far the only returning character to be written in is Mandalore back as Canderous. There is a new starting party member, a woman specializing in Jedi/Sith lore, more specifically Revan and the Jedi Civil War.

Republic officials believe Revan to be the Threat and they send an officer with "special" talents to gather information in the Unknown regions and to possibly neutralize the threat.

There are some other things in there but I won't divulge too much...

Something I just thought of

If they do the whole Lightsaber Forms Shindig again they should give each form unique animations other wise it looses some of its luster.

Perhaps even have unique stances and flourishes for each form although I personally think that lightsaber combat shouldn't be summed up into "forms"

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

Edited for content