KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I want that first PC game is released, and after a half year or so..or even more...console gets out, not othervise.

I want the PC version of K3 to be released first, and then, after half a year or so (maybe even more), for the console to come out. Any other manners of release are prohibited.

Fixed.

I forgive you, since you are hungarian, and i know you try hard. but when i first read your posts, i can never understand them. i guess i shouldn't make a big deal about it though... :ph34r:

I want that first PC game is released, and after a half year or so..or even more...console gets out, not othervise.

I want the PC version of K3 to be released first, and then, after half a year or so (maybe even more), for the console to come out. Any other manners of release are prohibited.

Fixed.

I forgive you, since you are hungarian, and i know you try hard. but when i first read your posts, i can never understand them. i guess i shouldn't make a big deal about it though... :ph34r:

And I'm ussually also very tired (or in hurry) when I have time to post 8)

IB1OsQq.png

@ Darth Duck: One does not need to be a jedi to wield two swords, so why would a jedi, whose sword is just more potent, need to be super-awesome to wield two lightsabers? The answer is that one does not need to be a super-awesome jedi master to wield two swords, and for that matter, lightsabers. you might cut your hand off, but rarely would a decent two-sworded swordsman touch the blades of his own swords.

i'd prefer if they invested more on the master of one or the other. for example commiting to one form will award you more feats each with their own unique benefit like speed attacks or agility with one blade (feats you can only attain if you commit down one form).

by the way your signature sucks blank >_<

@ Darth Duck: One does not need to be a jedi to wield two swords, so why would a jedi, whose sword is just more potent, need to be super-awesome to wield two lightsabers? The answer is that one does not need to be a super-awesome jedi master to wield two swords, and for that matter, lightsabers. you might cut your hand off, but rarely would a decent two-sworded swordsman touch the blades of his own swords.

Because a Jedi is not some merc or bounty hunter who doesn't have any discipline. A Jedi is discipline personified. Civilians can play around with dual-vibroblades all they like, but a Jedi wouldn't even pick one up unless he/she could achieve a level of mastery over it that an uncivilized brute of a Mandalorian couldn't even imagine. Pick up a copy of Miyomoto Musashi's "Book of Five Rings," and you'll understand what I'm getting at.

Plus, it's canon for the EU. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

Dual-saber wielding is an advanced form of combat.

i'd prefer if they invested more on the master of one or the other. for example commiting to one form will award you more feats each with their own unique benefit like speed attacks or agility with one blade (feats you can only attain if you commit down one form).

by the way your signature sucks blank  >_<

Is this better? :">

|

|

\/

Because a Jedi is not some merc or bounty hunter who doesn't have any discipline. A Jedi is discipline personified. Civilians can play around with dual-vibroblades all they like, but a Jedi wouldn't even pick one up unless he/she could achieve a level of mastery over it that an uncivilized brute of a Mandalorian couldn't even imagine. Pick up a copy of Miyomoto Musashi's "Book of Five Rings," and you'll understand what I'm getting at.

Plus, it's canon for the EU. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

Dual-saber wielding is an advanced form of combat.

Be that as it may, canon already has non-jedi master characters who wield two lightsabers. Ventress did it in the Clone Wars cartoons, and she wasn't even a real sith. Luke did it during a confrontation with Lumiya a few years after ROTJ, which was well before he could be called a master. Oh, and Anakin did it as a padawan in Episode II...

Be that as it may, canon already has non-jedi master characters who wield two lightsabers. Ventress did it in the Clone Wars cartoons, and she wasn't even a real sith. Luke did it during a confrontation with Lumiya a few years after ROTJ, which was well before he could be called a master. Oh, and Anakin did it as a padawan in Episode II...

As far as Ventress goes ... like I said, dual-saber wielding should be available to dark-siders right off the bat, but in a different (and less powerful) progression. Going straight to dual-saber wielding without having to learn single-saber technique would be typical of the kind of undisciplined short-cuts Sith are prone to.

There is nothing keeping a Padawan from mastering a lightsaber form -- or even more than one lightsaber form. It would be rare, but it wouldn't be unheard of, and both Luke and Anakin would be examples of this. They were both exraordinarily gifted. Plus, weapons training is only a part of Jedi training (some would even call in the smallest part ... but not me >_< ) -- it isn't what determines when a Padawan becomes a Knight.

In any case, I didn't say they had to be Jedi Masters ... but Jedi Weapon Masters.

Edited by Darth Duck

Darth Revans robes with a hood. An exotic piece of armor you can find on a rare encounter.

I wanted to see the same thing in KOTOR II, but I guess that would have meant Revan would no longer have need of them, presumably because he would have been dead. I still think they could have worked in some way to do it, though.

Well it could have been an item that is alying around like Kun's armor or Onasi's blaster.

If indeed there was a kotar III, I wonder if it would be possible to add some real time lightsaber action not unlike say the "Obi-won" game. Also some way to contol what you are wearing as a jedi, for example been able to wear your hood up on your cloak, maybe the begining of episode I when Quigon and Obi-won first arive on the trade federation ship. As for as game play you could be less detectable in certain area's like a Nar shadar. Thats all I got right now.

Guest The Architect

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3? Vote now!

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

The Latest Poll Standings Are...

I (31)

K (26)

F (14)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

they definitely need to introduce opportunity costs with regard to lightsaber forms and make it so where you allocate points into specific forms as you level up...Jade Empire has something along these lines.

and, speaking of Jade Empire, that game proves that you can have RT combat and still have a third-person, stat-based RPG. I think the idea of having real time combat (especially if they do it similar to the Obi-Wan game, in which you have an incredible amount of control of the saber) would be great.

Guest The Architect

As each day passes by, with no news of a K3, I'm beginning to wonder. Does anybody want to clean up the mess? What I mean by that is, K3 is going to be a big headache for the writers, it's not going to be an easy task.

WHAT I WANT IN K3 IS...

- To play as a new main character

- The ability to lie to your companions in order to gain influence with them

- A game that is not rushed and is not so god damn bug and glitch ridden!

- I want the story to take place something like 2-4 years after K2

- I want to be able to choose the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile

- I want them to get rid of the random item generator

- I want storyline closure

- I want the same combat system but I want better graphics

- I want more than just the LS or DS ending. I want a neutral ending, I also want an ending where I'm able to command a combined Mandalore-HK Army and go against the Jedi, the Republic and the Sith. I want at least 4 different endings

- I want hooded robes

WHAT I DON'T WANT IN K3 IS...

- Well, I want them to make the game for starters! I don't want them to abandon this project

- I don't want to play as Revan and/or the Exile but I don't mind playing as them towards the end of the game

- I don't want LucasArts to push for an early release for K3, resulting in an incomplete, cut-content ridden mess of a game

- I don't want K3 to be a prequel game and I don't want the story to take place any further than 10 years after K2

- I don't want them to have a fixed gender, alignment and worst of all, appearence for Revan and the Exile, I want to choose all that!

- I don't want the random item generator in K3

- I don't want them to change the combat system and I don't want this to be an action/advenutre type of game. I want it to be an RPG with plenty of dialogue choices, just like the previous KOTOR's

Edited by The Architect

It still looks like the only way to cater to most peoples whims is to copy Suikoden III's model.

In essence the game is split into three sub stories with each having it's own protagonist. As the game progresses the level of the protagonist raises. Protagonist one will start off at level 1 , two will start off at level 20 etc.

All will end up more or less the same level at the point you have to make a choice of which to use to the end. The others will then take on other roles determined by the story.

The problem is if you only have a 40 hour game thats a lot of leveling in a short period of time to get the characters upto the same sort of levels.

It should go without saying that the story should be concluded here period. Any further games need a clean slate so this sort of effort isnt required again.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Why just 40 hours of gameplay? How about having a really complex story tree that takes into account just about everything you'd be able to do in the game, so instead of having three stories you'd have a really complex story no matter what you do that changes depending on what you do? The technology is there it just requires a lot of writing. A lot a lot.

Also I like the idea of picking your revan and exile and I put forth the notion that the typical RPG fan, even console fans aren

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (