KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I know that.  I'm referring to the number of sales within a specific timeframe.

my point is simply that K2 is still bringing in the bacon and I can see where they would not want anything to trump that, including K3.

I just think the conditions are right for an old-fashioned expansion pack that could, in part, be a thinly-veiled end-run around the amateur content-restoration project.

It would be more than that but it would also be that.

I find games are much more static in their prices today.

Furthermore, price reductions aren't necessary, even if a title is not selling, if you will not be requiring the inventory and, more importantly, shelf space in the near future.

have you read anything I posted?

Clearly I have, hence why I asked you a question? Have I read everything you have posted? No. I am not following this thread all that closely, so when there's a huge post a typically skim over it.

In any case, stores in my area sell KOTOR 1 and 2 for the same price.

I don't have sales numbers so I have to go on what empirical evidence I have.

generally speaking, though, titles don't sell at full price in the stores I go to unless it is a hot title.

Obviously, I could be right or wrong. I'm just offering up a plausible scenario: KOTOR 2 (which some believe was sabotaged to some extent) still manages to be a profitable title. IF THAT IS IN FACT THE CASE, then I think an expansion pack would make a lot of sense. No need to compete with a winner...just find more and better ways to milk the winner.

If the devs who do K3 were smart, they'd ignore midi chlorons and the "wound in the force" concepts altogether.  Being IMO the two stupidest ideas ever to come to SW, with the possible exception of Jar Jar Binks.  :)  Both concepts seemed little more than a lazy and ill-written attempt to explain some weird phenomena in the movie/game, while making little or no sense.

JarJar is the favorite char for GL :D

IB1OsQq.png

Guest The Architect

I'm also going to introduce a new option to the list, option "n"

Warning! Do not talk about K3! Just select the letter, vote, it's just a poll! No talking, just choose A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K or L, M or N

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

I'm going to add the votes "g" and "n" in because I don't mind if they do this...

I'm also going to introduce a new option to the list, option "n"

Warning! Do not talk about K3! Just select the letter, vote, it's just a poll! No talking, just choose A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K or L, M or N

[snip]

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

I'm going to add the votes "g" and "n" in because I don't mind if they do this...

In that case I prefer N to any of the alternatives.