KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Well just for those who didn't play JK2 the trial is like this. Kyle has to regain his force abilites and his lightsaber. So Luke has hidden the saber on the grounds. Each room that has a puzzle/obstacle is preceeded by a room with a Force Holocron. Beginning:

1st following the path you pick up Force Push. The next room has a puzzle of

panels on the wall and on the floor are two-section panels with glyphs on

them, and a pair of arrows pointing to the other end of the room. You have to compare the glyphs on the floor to the one on the wall directly next to

them... use PUSH to change the panels on the floor to match the glyphs on the

wall, so the glyphs on the floor - in a line between the arrows at either end -

match the glyphs on the walls; once you get them right, the door at the other

end will open.

Next room has Force Push. After you pick it up you encounter a room filled with water and a door up high but no way of reaching it. Around the edges of the room you'll notice rectangular blocks flat against the wall... use PULL on each one to pull it out, forming a stairway up to the door - you can either PULL them all out from the water, or as you go along up the 'stairs'... there's no wrong way to do it.

Through the door on the altar is Force Speed. This is the room

where you started, and this Force holocron is the one you saw from below. There are two doors here, both of which cannot be opened normally. Next to the door on the right is a small raised platform stand on that to open the door. In this next room is a raised pressure plate. You get around behind it and face back towards the way you came then step on the pressure plate. As soon as all the doors are down - you'll see a cage at the far end (that has your saber) use your Force SPEED and run all the way to the cage. When you get there, the cage and the pillar it's on will rise up out of the room.

Up the ramps and stairs, and there's Force JUMP on the altar. Through the door and you're back in the room where you started. To your right is a set of broken pillars, you use JUMP to get up on each and then to the ledge above the door you just came through.

Down the stairs and through the next door... along the left wall are a

series of four gargoyles, and across the sunken floor is what looks like a

wooden platform - at the far end is a set of bars. Drop down to the floor and go

along the line, using PULL on each gargoyle which releases water form their mouths filling the room.once you've hit all four, get back to the ledge just inside the door where you entered and face down towards the bars. The platform will rise, and so will the bars at the far end, once both the platform and the bars are fully up, hit SPEED and race down the length of the room, using JUMP to get through the bars before they close.

I'll make another post with the completion. Call this Part 1 lol.

Edited by dtriniman

Part 2 :geek:

The door at the bottom of the stairs is broken, but the wall on the right is cracked. You use PUSH to break the wall then drop down through the hole. Down the ramp,

through the door.Looking around you'll notice carved symbols on the walls and just below each is a small cube with the Force PUSH symbol on it; use PUSH on all three. The carved stones will drop down. JUMP up on the one on the left, then JUMP up on the stone guide rail it slid down - continue this until you're at the door.

To your left is a pressure plate, to your right there are 2 openings...

one of them is high up above some water with another opening across the way; the other opening in here leads down some stairs. You can go down the stairs if you wish, but what you need to do is this: work you way around behind the pressure plate (without touching it) and face down the hall towards the opening. Hit SPEED and run across the plate, down the length of the hall (it helps if you do JUMP while you're running down the hall)... get on the moving platform and JUMP to the next opening.

As you go through this next door, you'll notice a pair of weights (one

on either side of the door) drop down... across the room is another door with

like weights - that's the exit. Ahead and slightly to the left is the pillar

with the cage on top, and to the left of that is a ramp going down. On the left

side of that pillar - facing the ramp - are a series of 'pins'. Use PUSH on

each one to drop the cage down to eye level.

You have to JUMP up on the ledge above the ramp, and look straight ahead... you'll

see a block slightly raised above the level of the ledge - get right up in front

of it. Then you JUMP up on the block and turn around quickly, hit SPEED.

Before the block even hits the ground, run straight ahead (up the ramp) and use

PULL on the Lightsaber before the cage closes again.

When you're ready to exit, throw your saber at the ropes holding the

weights on either side of the exit door (you'll have to stand on the small stone

pillars on either side). The next door is locked, but just slash it with the

Lightsaber to cut through the lock. Then you have a cutscene with Luke. :)

I hoped I enticed you enough to get the game:D. But back to the point I hope we get somethign like this in KOTOR 3 if it is in fact being made.

one way to handle the alignments of Revan and the Exile is to simply base it on a question that the PC gets asked early on.  For instance, someone asks, "What do you think of that legendary Jedi Revan?"

1) He attacked the galaxy in order to save it....he did right.

2) He fell to the darkside but was redeemed later.  All in all, there is much we can learn from him.

3) He should have never tried to save the Republic...the Republic must fall!

So, there we have it...in that conversation, the PC can choose between 1) DS/Antihero, 2) LS, or 3) DS/pro-Sith.  The PC is defining his own views and, by default, defining the alignments and perspectives of Revan. 

Great idea.

As for locations I'd like them to be new , but I want a few of them to be old. It would be nice to see what some planets look like after all this time. I liked seeing Dantooine in K2 for that reason.

Why? There are other people like myself who wish to see a combination of the 2? Why should we settle for great storylinbe with stupid click click RPG action or great intense action with a old, dull storyline? So I say to you no. That's what I would like. Whether it comes true or not is a different matter.

Edited by dtriniman

Why? There are other people like myself who wish to see a combination of the 2? Why should we settle for great storylinbe with stupid click click RPG action or great intense action with a old, dull storyline? So I say to you no. That's what I would like. Whether it comes true or not  is a different matter.

We can but hope.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Hi, just registered to put in my 2c :geek:

Basically what I'd like for KOTOR III is this:

The game should be set some 18 years after KOTOR II.

The PC should be the child of the Exile and Visas Marr, half human + half miraluka = 100 % force

IMO this is solid as the Exile and Visas "look upon each other trough the force" (nugde-nugde wink-wink) and just as Anakin was contracepted trough the force, so could the PC be.

The lost jedi from KOTOR II would succesfully have started a small jedi academy on Dantooine or preferably Curusant, which is run by Bastila, Handmaiden (Historian), Visas and the other remaining Jedi.

The only character that would be reoccouring as a playable character would be T3, who is also the only one of the droids to survive KOTOR II (HK-47 and G0T0 was both on Malacor V as it was destroyed).

Basically some place in the beginning of the game, T3 will (finally) unlock parts of the information about where the Ebon Hawk went all those years ago, which presents the Jedi council with a unique chance to finally find out the fates of Revan and the Exile. Not really surprisingly the council selects YOU, the PC, to go to the outer rim in search of Revan and the Exile.

Somehow I'd like the Ebon Hawk to be the ship if the PC again, which could be nesessary as it is the Ebon Hawks navi-computer that holds the coordinates for Revans travels.

Other than that I'd (like others do) like to see more costumisable Lightsabers (design), hooded robes and more planets, some of which are not nesessarily in the main plot.

One last thing... Would the developers please get the random loot generator under control, I found Exar Kuns light battle-armor 4 or 5 times on my last replay (In which I defeated Sion solely with forcewave thanks to a huge Wisdom of 43 :D )

Why? There are other people like myself who wish to see a combination of the 2? Why should we settle for great storylinbe with stupid click click RPG action or great intense action with a old, dull storyline? So I say to you no. That's what I would like. Whether it comes true or not  is a different matter.

I don't think the current combat system is bad as such. I prefer that over the real-time stuff of the JK games. As has been said, this is an RPG, and the only way your combat skills and feats are going to count for anything is they are deciding factors during combat. I just think the current system could be implemented better than it is now, or even replaced by a better system that is still based on the skills and feats of the character.

Hi, just registered to put in my 2c  :)

Welcome.

Too long. K2 seems to end in a way that directly sets up K3, so it should be a fairly short time after that, I think. Not more than a few years at most.

The PC should be the child of the Exile and Visas Marr, half human + half miraluka = 100 % force

IMO this is solid as the Exile and Visas "look upon each other trough the force" (nugde-nugde wink-wink) and just as Anakin was contracepted trough the force, so could the PC be.

Ah, a love-thing. Several problems here, notably that perhaps the Exile was female herself, and even if not, the Exile may still have sacrificed Visas to defeat Nihilus. You may not prefer those factors, but they are still viable alternatives in K2 and therefore must be taken into consideration for the plot of K3. Since that outcome is fairly central and pretty much ruled out by the options of a female Exile and maybe even a DS male Exile, I'm rather convinced that will not happen.

The lost jedi from KOTOR II would succesfully have started a small jedi academy on Dantooine or preferably Curusant, which is run by Bastila, Handmaiden (Historian), Visas and the other remaining Jedi.

I have voiced support for this myself in the past. It does have the problem not being possible if the Exile was DS and so turned them all to the dark side, but then that could be solved by replacing the known characters with new jedi if the jedi are, well, lost... Still, either handmaiden or disciple could appear anyway. Bastila is also a problem if Revan is DS, but then I don't want her there anyway - she should still be out there looking for Revan.

The only character that would be reoccouring as a playable character would be T3, who is also the only one of the droids to survive KOTOR II (HK-47 and G0T0 was both on Malacor V as it was destroyed).

No, we cannot assume that HK was on Malachor V. Though the cut content may suggest that, it was not in the official version of the game and therefore cannot be assumed. However, that also means that Bao-Dur cannot be assumed to have died, since the entire section of his alleged death was also cut from the game.

Besides, we know that HK survives, because he appears in a Star Wars: Galaxies expansion much later in Star Wars history, so HK-47 must live either way.

And we cannot have KotOR without HK-47. That would be sacrilige! ;)

Basically some place in the beginning of the game, T3 will (finally) unlock parts of the information about where the Ebon Hawk went all those years ago, which presents the Jedi council with a unique chance to finally find out the fates of Revan and the Exile. Not really surprisingly the council selects YOU, the PC, to go to the outer rim in search of Revan and the Exile.

Erm... You *do* realise that T3 has been aware of this all along, don't you? It was T3 who locked the navi-computer in the first place... :)

And the council arbitrarily deciding this after nearly two decades seems very odd, especially if there is no particular reason to.

One last thing... Would the developers please get the random loot generator under control, I found Exar Kuns light battle-armor 4 or 5 times on my last replay (In which I defeated Sion solely with forcewave thanks to a huge Wisdom of 43 :D )

Yes, the "random" loot is a fair bit too random for my tastes as well :geek:

Hi, just registered to put in my 2c  :)

Welcome.

Too long. K2 seems to end in a way that directly sets up K3, so it should be a fairly short time after that, I think. Not more than a few years at most.

Ah, a love-thing. Several problems here, notably that perhaps the Exile was female herself, and even if not, the Exile may still have sacrificed Visas to defeat Nihilus. You may not prefer those factors, but they are still viable alternatives in K2 and therefore must be taken into consideration for the plot of K3. Since that outcome is fairly central and pretty much ruled out by the options of a female Exile and maybe even a DS male Exile, I'm rather convinced that will not happen.

I have voiced support for this myself in the past. It does have the problem not being possible if the Exile was DS and so turned them all to the dark side, but then that could be solved by replacing the known characters with new jedi if the jedi are, well, lost... Still, either handmaiden or disciple could appear anyway. Bastila is also a problem if Revan is DS, but then I don't want her there anyway - she should still be out there looking for Revan.

No, we cannot assume that HK was on Malachor V. Though the cut content may suggest that, it was not in the official version of the game and therefore cannot be assumed. However, that also means that Bao-Dur cannot be assumed to have died, since the entire section of his alleged death was also cut from the game.

Besides, we know that HK survives, because he appears in a Star Wars: Galaxies expansion much later in Star Wars history, so HK-47 must live either way.

And we cannot have KotOR without HK-47. That would be sacrilige! ;)

Erm... You *do* realise that T3 has been aware of this all along, don't you? It was T3 who locked the navi-computer in the first place... :thumbsup:

And the council arbitrarily deciding this after nearly two decades seems very odd, especially if there is no particular reason to.

Yes, the "random" loot is a fair bit too random for my tastes as well >_<

Heh, I must admit to assuming a LS Male Canon (which is what I always play). I would never sacrifice Visas :lol:

You are absolutely right about the idea not being viable with any other Canon.

I know that T3 is well aware of Revans whereabouts all the time, still he will have to disclose that information at some point for the PC to follow Revan.

Good point about HK-47, I didn't know he was in Galaxies...

I don't see how a Visas/Exile child would work anyway. The Exile is a wound in the force, correct? At least according to the Jedi Masters and Kreia.

Miraluka see through the force and are blind, right?

So how the heck does that work? A "force wounded" Miraluka ?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I don't see how a Visas/Exile child would work anyway. The Exile is a wound in the force, correct? At least according to the Jedi Masters and Kreia.

Well, the wound is personal - it was created by the Exile's choice. So I don't see how it would extend to his offspring. Just because a man lost an arm doesn't mean his son will be born without one too. Maybe that's a bad example, but the force does seem to be physically measurable (midi-chlorian counts... Yes, I hate that explanation too).

Well, the wound is personal - it was created by the Exile's choice. So I don't see how it would extend to his offspring. Just because a man lost an arm doesn't mean his son will be born without one too. Maybe that's a bad example, but the force does seem to be physically measurable (midi-chlorian counts... Yes, I hate that explanation too).

No, no it doesn't. Midi-chlorians are BS and were a mistake. They should be ignored. GL should just "change" it and overwrite it like he's done with so much else. :ermm: Maybe that's just a vain hope speaking.

Well, it may be as you say - maybe it wouldn't affect the offspring. but then again, maybe it might... :ph34r:

If the devs who do K3 were smart, they'd ignore midi chlorons and the "wound in the force" concepts altogether. Being IMO the two stupidest ideas ever to come to SW, with the possible exception of Jar Jar Binks. -_- Both concepts seemed little more than a lazy and ill-written attempt to explain some weird phenomena in the movie/game, while making little or no sense.

I think I know why LA has not been in a hurry to talk about K3.....

KOTOR 2 is selling like hotcakes!

I was in a gaming shop today to pick up a PC format copy of K1, so I can start fooling around with mods and, while I paid $20 for a brand new copy of K1, I noticed that KOTOR 2 is still selling at full price....it sells for what Battlefront II sells for.

For a title to sell like that 1 year after its release suggests that it is flying off the shelves.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

For a title to sell like that 1 year after its release suggests that it is flying off the shelves.

Did you actually witness it "flying off of the shelves"?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I actually think a good old-fashioned expansion pack may be just what the doctor ordered.

I mean, the game is still selling very well...it would be foolish not to make every cent you can off of a successful title....K3 could dampen K2's sales. This wouldn't be an issue if K2's sells had died down...but they haven't.

Sooo, an expansion pack that has Seyleron and Droid World, along with new maps, sidequests, convos, minigames, ship upgrades, optional party members, mod tools, etc would bring in even more dough...especially if it were priced for, say, $20.

Yes, we still have a cliffhanger that begs for K3 but if K2 is still selling well, then we fans have to understand the business component here and that may suggest that an expansion pack is what would make the most business sense at this time.

If the devs who do K3 were smart, they'd ignore midi chlorons and the "wound in the force" concepts altogether.  Being IMO the two stupidest ideas ever to come to SW, with the possible exception of Jar Jar Binks.  -_-  Both concepts seemed little more than a lazy and ill-written attempt to explain some weird phenomena in the movie/game, while making little or no sense.

Midi-chlorians? Yes, silly. Totally disperses the mysticism and magic of the force.

JarJar? :x - Play Star Wars that lets me kill gungans? :wub:

Wound in the force? Actually I liked the idea. That wasn't about silly medi-chlorians or other such nonsense, but more the will to deny your fate and suppress the truth. If they follow up on that in K3, it could be very interesting. But they could also mess it up completely, if they don't get it right.