The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

Yup. 22x

I predict a new movie franchise like Star Trek and/or other shows about fleets that escaped the attack on the colonies.

22X? Are you kidding? Or do you mean a rating of 2.2?

Sorry.

I meant 22 episodes for Season 4.

The ratings haven't been up very much since Exodus Pt.2

The problem is the time spot it's in. 10 pm on Sunday??? Friday (or any weekday) made more sense.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Itunes purchases are more value per viewer than TV add $. Battlestar has developed a following of people for whom this is an easier way of following the show than TV, this is not refelected in the ratings. Sci Fi is obviously quite interested in learnig how to turn this into real revenue growth.

If they could just make sure that the show airs simultaneously on Itunes and TV they could cut down on the freebe downloaders as well.

As for the show itself, it suffers from the same syndrome that all shows do after several seasons, the plot has become a ball-and-chain, and new viewers don't know whats going on. The main plot is also tied into the length of the show itself, I mean, whats left to do after they find earth and defeat the cylons. No wonder they are stalling.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

According to Amazon, season 3 DVD will be available in October.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Itunes purchases are more value per viewer than TV add $. Battlestar has developed a following of people for whom this is an easier way of following the show than TV, this is not refelected in the ratings. Sci Fi is obviously quite interested in learnig how to turn this into real revenue growth.

There is a service coming out in a few years called IPTV. AT&T is developing it. It will offer on-demand television via the internet 24-7-365 for a flat subscription rate. I wonder how THAT will affect ratings and how TV shows are bought and paid for.

Thomas Sowell

There is a service coming out in a few years called IPTV. AT&T is developing it. It will offer on-demand television via the internet 24-7-365 for a flat subscription rate. I wonder how THAT will affect ratings and how TV shows are bought and paid for.

Depending on the price, and available shows, thats genius.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I download BSG so I can watch it the same time as everyone else in America, instead of waiting months for it to be aired here, BUT! as a result of that I do own the series box sets so I pay my dues, I just wanna watch it as soon as possible, not when some TV producer or whatnot says it's ok.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Basically, whatever happens, he's set up to become the solution, however convoluted it might be.

Called it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Definitely a turn for the surreal. Bob Dylan was a cylon huh? I guess that explains a few things.

Thomas Sowell

I think it means that the final 5 Cylons had all been to Earth.

Lets see... last I left they had just found kobol and Starbuck grabbed the arrow of apollo (end of season one)

Even then I could see the series was dropping like a rock in terms of story. I think one of the major things that hurts the show is it's lack of actual warfare. Instead we get Drama (add an accent of any kind to that).

I thought this was supposed to be a Scifi adventure series. It did produce a pretty cool poster about propoganda that my english teacher senior year in High school had.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Lets see... last I left they had just found kobol and Starbuck grabbed the arrow of apollo (end of season one)

Even then I could see the series was dropping like a rock in terms of story. I think one of the major things that hurts the show is it's lack of actual warfare. Instead we get Drama (add an accent of any kind to that).

I thought this was supposed to be a Scifi adventure series. It did produce a pretty cool poster about propoganda that my english teacher senior year in High school had.

It was always a sci-fi drama series.

I was mesmerized.

The first half was amazing. Lee's testimony touched at pretty much every little gripe I had with the show, except the love triangle thing.

It felt like this is the kind of balls-to-the-walls honesty we need in our justice systems.

Romo's exit was a bit too "Usual Suspectish" but still pretty cool. I wish they had introduced this character earlier.

The song... well I don't know what to think about that. First I figure it gives an indication as to the age of human civilization on Earth in the show, which would be current day(40 years of war with Cylons, AATWT was written in the late 60's, early 70's).

I also find that AATWT being an Earth song takes a big Science Fiction chunk out of the show. Like hearing a Black Sabbath song during LotR would take away some of the fantasy. Wierd.

I'm not convinced The 4 are Cylons. I'm convinced Roslin is The #1.

And I won't talk about the last minute of this episode right now(PM me if you want to know)... Maybe in a few days.

10/10 - Compared with the rest of Season 3

8/10 - Compared to the rest of the series

Radio Waves in space travel at 3X10^8 m/s. Since the Orion Nebula is the closest to earth (1500 Light Years or 1.5X10^19 m) that will be our example. If a radio wave left earth towards Orion is will arrive in 5X10^12 seconds or 15,854 years give or take a few months. Check my math someone but I'm pretty sure thats right.

I'm pretty sure they are in the same galaxy as earth. The distance between galaxies in reality is so great I'm certain our descendants will find intergalactic travel is impossible. Another example of how big space is. The Pioneer space probe that flew by the outer planets in the 1970's and early 80's has gone beyond the heliopause and left the solar system. It's last radio contact was in 1998, it was travelling at about 400,000 miles per hour and is on a course for the star Lambda Aquilla, 3rd closest to us. At that speed it will take it 2 million years to make the journey. I believe humans will reach that star before Pioneer does.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Great episode! Sucks we gotta wait until 2008 for season 4. :blink:

There will be a SciFi direct to DVD movie this fall.

The Pegasus story.

It's going to be on TV first, then to DVD.

Radio Waves in space travel at 3X10^8 m/s. Since the Orion Nebula is the closest to earth (1500 Light Years or 1.5X10^19 m) that will be our example. If a radio wave left earth towards Orion is will arrive in 5X10^12 seconds or 15,854 years give or take a few months. Check my math someone but I'm pretty sure thats right.

I'm pretty sure they are in the same galaxy as earth. The distance between galaxies in reality is so great I'm certain our descendants will find intergalactic travel is impossible. Another example of how big space is. The Pioneer space probe that flew by the outer planets in the 1970's and early 80's has gone beyond the heliopause and left the solar system. It's last radio contact was in 1998, it was travelling at about 400,000 miles per hour and is on a course for the star Lambda Aquilla, 3rd closest to us. At that speed it will take it 2 million years to make the journey. I believe humans will reach that star before Pioneer does.

Sorry Gorgon, I misplaced the decimal here. It's 1585.4 years for a radio signal to reach even the closest nebula.

Thomas Sowell