NWN2 Release Date: One Step Closer

Volourn

"Yeah, BG was their second title. Probably made the million mark. Though it's hard to say, since they usually quote the series as a whole."

BG1 has sold 2-3 mil copies at least including expansion.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Baldur's Gate series: Baldur's Gate I, Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal have sold approximately 5 million units world-wide with sales still continuing"

"Baldur's Gate, released in 1998 has sold over 2 million units"

"Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, a Baldur's Gate expansion pack. It debuted at #1 worldwide and sold over 600,000 units"

"Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, was released in Sept. 2000 and continued the award winning story line of the Baldur's Gate series, selling over 2 million units so far"

"Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal was released, the expansion pack to the award winning Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, and the conclusion to the Baldur's Gate series, selling more than 500,000 units"

There we go.

"Shattered Steel has sold close to 200,000 units"

"All together, the various SKUs of the MDK2 series sold over 1 million units"

"Neverwinter Nights and its two expansions have sold close to 3 million copies worldwide so far"

[KOTOR] "has sold over 2.5 million copies to date"

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

To absolute pick the bushes around, and yes we don't know if it is true or not or whatever and I don't want to get into it, but I think Bioware's clear success with every project they have made is why people assumed Jade Empire probably wasn't as successful as they would like.

But yes, we don't know if that's true and it was just us speculating so there is no need to go around picking it apart.

It's more a compliment to Bioware, as they've clearly done quite well for themselves in such a short amount of time.

I can't wait to get NWN2 so I can play as a warlock named Volourn.

;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Like I said, we have no idea what Bioware's actual expectation were, so we can't say if it's good or bad."

Well, certain people don't like it but nBIO, and MS seem more than happy with JE's success espicially since it sold 500k+ copies in the first 6 months. It's probably further along now. MS was so impressed they actually already announced JE2 even though BIO has not confirmed it (though they've done everything but).

As I've been saying - anyone who expected JE to do KOTOR or BG numbers were living in Fantasy Land.

Bioware has their core audience; but they're no Blizzard.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have been invited to a games night there this Saturday, so I could probably ask. I get along well with most of the guys there so they'd probably answer.

Except.......

That I probably wouldn't feel proper coming on here and saying it anyways. I am always acting under the assumption that, unless it's common knowledge, I shouldn't say anything.

As an programmer myself though, I have had quite a few interesting discussions with them. It was funny when we were watching a guy play CoD2 on an XBOX 360, the graphics guy started talking about about how the game looks good. I didn't realize he was the graphics guy and started talking with him, and then I ended up being on the receiving end of a ton of technical jargon about what was and was not being done in the game, and stuff he felt was there for optimizations and whatnot :D

I have high expectations of NWN2. Bio better come through and deliever something that tops the first one.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester