NWN2 Release Date: One Step Closer

Volourn

Bio? :devil:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Obsidian is making NWN2, not Bio.

Hard to tell sometimes.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hard to tell sometimes.

Hah, true that. I guess Bio wants to keep a firm grasp over what happens to their hit license and sometimes their decisions seem...rather obessive.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hard to tell sometimes.

Hah, true that. I guess Bio wants to keep a firm grasp over what happens to their hit license and sometimes their decisions seem...rather obessive.

What decisions?

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Like I said, we have no idea what Bioware's actual expectation were, so we can't say if it's good or bad."

BIO has satted quite clearly that they are happy with JE's performance, and have stated its met and passed their expectations. Unless you have proof otherwise there's no reason for anyone *not* to believe them.

"It was Atari's decision to move boards to Bio, not Bio's."

Oh reaally? So, Atari just added them to the BIO boardd and BIO had no say it? I highly douubt that. Anything that officially happens on the BIO boards is up to BIO.

Period.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh reaally? So, Atari just added them to the BIO boardd and BIO had no say it? I highly douubt that. Anything that officially happens on the BIO boards is up to BIO.

Period.

True, but the only info that we got on that move is that Atari wanted to move the NWN2 forums to where the NWN community was, hence the move to Bioware. We can speculate what happened behind the scenes but all we were given was it was Atari

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Period.

We're fighting over small print. It probably is like this: Atari wanted it on the Bio boards to keep both games on the same forum, and Bio agreed with Atari's wishes because they figured it meant more exposure for their own game(s).

Therefore, it can still be Atari's idea. They just needed Bio's agreement since it was their boards.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Therefore, it can still be Atari's idea. They just needed Bio's agreement since it was their boards."

Agreed. That's my point.

"It was still Atari's decision to move the boards. Bioware just accepted."

You make it sound like BIO had no choice. That's balony. Atari thoguht it would help to move the NWN2 boards to BIo's baord home of NWN1 boards, and BIO *agreed* .

The final decision to have NWN2 hosted on the BIO baords was BIO's because it's THEIR boards.

This isn't complicated, folks.

Edited by Volourn

You make it sound like BIO had no choice. That's balony. Atari thoguht it would help to move the NWN2 boards to BIo's baord home of NWN1 boards, and BIO *agreed* .

I never once said they had no choice. Look closely. Bioware ACCEPTED

I never once said they had no choice. Look closely. Bioware ACCEPTED

Where are my glasses, i can't see s**t now...oh, I just fell in the toilet :rolleyes:

IB1OsQq.png

I never once said you said that. Look closely. I said you made it SOUND like they had no choice. Man. Reading compression is even worse than my typing. WOWSERS!!!

How did I make it sound like that? The only reason why it "sounds" like it, is because you're trying to read too much into my statement.

Here's what I said:

It was still Atari's decision to move the boards. Bioware just accepted.

Unless Bioware approached Atari to suggest that the boards be moved, it would not have been their decision to move the boards. The only decision they would have made, would have been to accept the idea suggested by Atari.

" it would not have been their decision to move the boards. The only decision they would have made, would have been to accept the idea suggested by Atari. "

Duh. That's exactly what i said.

Atari decided to move the boards. They thought it be a good idea to have them hosted on BIO's baords. The final decision to it being on the BIo boards was BIO's.

Period.

" it would not have been their decision to move the boards. The only decision they would have made, would have been to accept the idea suggested by Atari. "

Duh. That's exactly what i said.

Atari decided to move the boards. They thought it be a good idea to have them hosted on BIO's baords. The final decision to it being on the BIo boards was BIO's.

Period.

Well jeez, if you want to get all anal you could say that the final decision was by the 3rd party company that employed the techie that transferred over the forums. It doesn't matter if they had the final decision or not....the decision to move the boards was Atari's, as it was their idea. Had they never made that decisions, Bioware would never have even had the opportunity to make their decision.

Well jeez, if you want to get all anal you could say that the final decision was by the 3rd party company that employed the techie that transferred over the forums.  It doesn't matter if they had the final decision or not....the decision to move the boards was Atari's, as it was their idea.  Had they never made that decisions, Bioware would never have even had the opportunity to make their decision.

Actually I should have said Bio let Atari move the forums to their site and it would have stopped the argument. Heck I agreed with Volourn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Vol, just loves to fight about anything to do with Bio  :p

...the dwarf makes a great BIOw**nian arse-kisser fer sure, anyways...years o' practice, I guesses... :( \

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"True, but"

Ellester, it's true you said, BUT you said but... :p" :(:huh:

"...the dwarf makes a great BIOw**nian arse-kisser fer sure, anyways...years o' practice, I guesses..."

Oh really, that must explain why they'v cursed me out, and banned me several times.... Uhuh.. I'm a HUGE kissass when I say KOTOR is overrated. LOL

Espicially since I haven't even played all their games, and never will...

R00fles!!!

Edited by Volourn