Worst. Ending. EVER!

I'm sorry, but I just finished KotoR II (Xbox, DS Guardian/Marauder) and I can't believe the level of crap. Maybe I screwed something up; lets face it; chances are good. But All I got was that irritating old bag talking about what happens to the people and planets I've been involved in. Talking? Who the gives a crap about talking. I want some cut-sceen action.

Please tell me we learn more about Attons past; what the Hell is G0T0; where the HK-50's come from, why T3 Locked the navi-comp and pretty much everything about everyone.

Please, tell me I'm just an idiot and that there WAAAAAAY more cool stuff that I'm just to stupid to do........

....then tell me how to do it.

You learn about GoTo and Atton through dialogue with them during the game. If you didn't get their entire story then you didn't talk to them enough and get enough influence.

The ending was poor, but you can't blame your first two complaints on it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacLeodCorp

The ending of KotOR 2 does exist. At the end, you can completely miss the fates of yourself and your friends. KotOR 2 is not a cliff hanger in the NPC area, but a cliff hanger as to what happens to Revan.

I do enjoy the game, but it has very little emotion that will captivate the gammer. I am one of the minority in my veiwing, and probally the most hated reviewer on these boards.

I respect everyone's interpretation, I enjoy modding the game, and I do enjoy some of the characters.

I have read thousands of Star Wars novels. I have read thousands of both non-fiction and fiction novels. However, I am not an expert in this cliff hanger field.

I would suggest that you play the ending again, and pay close attention to all the choices that comes up during Kriea's dialogue. Don't let others dictate how you feel about the game, and feel free to voice your own interpretation and opinion.

Cut Content...that's all I can really say. Although, Goto is explained if you had enough influence

GO-TO is Goto. Goto was always just a hologram

Atton is also influence

Once a republic solider, defected to the sith with Karath and became an assassin, eventually left the Sith and fled to Nar Shaddaa

, HK-50s...well...that's just cut. And they came from the sub-level in the Telos base. In case you forgot about that...

It was just a fun game to play (Minus the bugs) and I always looked forward to it. I loved starting out with force powers (Got to use the whole range for once!) Hated how long it took to get a lightsaber (I screwed up and it took me even longer; but it takes a longer time than KotOR did) I played; hoping to learn more about What Atton did in the past; and what the Heck is up with G0T0.

I guess I didn't have them in my party too much. But I kept Kriea in there for her Mentor bonus; and for her random force teachings. G0T0 kinda sucks; and I liked Mandalore. (What the Hell happened to Canderous? He acts totally different now)

I wanted more of the Handmaiden story; but I know I porked that.

I think I can honestly say that I like all the story elements better in KotOR than in II. its like they got the basics done; started some indepth story; then cranked out the copies for sale.

It was just a fun game to play (Minus the bugs) and I always looked forward to it.  I loved starting out with force powers (Got to use the whole range for once!)  Hated how long it took to get a lightsaber (I screwed up and it took me even longer; but it takes a longer time than KotOR did)  I played; hoping to learn more about What Atton did in the past; and what the Heck is up with G0T0.

I guess I didn't have them in my party too much.  But I kept Kriea in there for her Mentor bonus; and for her random force teachings.  G0T0 kinda sucks; and I liked Mandalore.  (What the Hell happened to Canderous?  He acts totally different now)

I wanted more of the Handmaiden story; but I know I porked that.

I think I can honestly say that I like all the story elements better in KotOR than in II.  its like they got the basics done; started some indepth story; then cranked out the copies for sale.

You basically have to bring those guys in your party more often. I guess that's where the "replay value" is in using different party members each time through so you learn about them completely.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, and ending was nearly cut totaly. Search topics from forum and you get the idea, and here is few links: http://team-gizka.org/ is trying to retrieve cut-content, and make the game as it was ment to be. Here is some cut content stuff too: http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

If you ask from me, k2 would've been better than k1 if it wouldn't be rushed and ruined by company-well-known. :-"

And btw, you really should do some reseach first before coming whining here. :p And you need to gain influence with your party members, otherwise they dont talk to you about them. And Handmaiden is fifficult for DS players, you can get influence if you fight with her, but you also need to do some good deeds and such. He is after all LS char.

And plot isn't so clear that in k1, I had to end game twice before i got the scene.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Too bad this bugger has the X Box version.  If he had the PC version he could download the TSL restoriation mod when Gizka releases it.

There are benefits and there are negatives. The benefit of the X-Box was getting the game before the pc users. The negative is not being able to play mods or get updates like patches.

The game is cheaper now for the pc so why not buy it for the pc now and when this mod is done, you can install it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

*Thread pruned*

Having said that some other Pro's and Con's of Kotor2 on the console;

Pro's

Faster (that is, unless you were a European X-Boxer)

Always compatible (Kotor2 has some *hardware configuration issues* to say the least)

No 1.0B

Con's

No mods

Same bugs as PC version, but un-fixable

Uglier

Etc.

I have the PC version; but its was a "semi-legitimately aquired" copy; and I felt I should own a copy.

I don't really like playing games on my PC; hogs up space I use for other stuff.

But you're right; it does limit mods and such i can use.

On the mod issue, I really would like to see the restoration porject people get with one or two members of the modding community of xbox, and at least examine if it would be possible. I think you'd be surprised just how much they might actually be able to do.

On another note, two more pros of xbox:

Gamesaves don't corrupt unless you screw up and turn it off during the save,

When encountering a bug, sometimes you can save through it. Which means, say you get a dark screen bug where the screen stays black after a convo (certain dialog options in turning the Handmaiden to a Guardian can do this) you can save in the dark screen, reload that save, and the dark screen will go away, andd the regular world will reappear.

Con: game-ending bugs. (There are three I am aware of.)

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I played KOTOR on Xbox and later, PC. I thought the PC's controls might be awkward, but by only real beef with it after playing was the inventory and menu screens being super-small if played in higher resolution than 800x640. I hear they fixed that in TSL.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

K2's ending was a bit disappointing, especially compared to the high-stress, switch to solo mode and move the party, one at a time, to the next SF area while somehow surviving wave after wave of puny Dark Jedi feeling of K1.

However, the improved combat/skill system is/was a real boon to the game, and allows for immense modding opportunities (provided anyone can get the game running =\).

Still, there were many things that should have been left in, despite the rush. Influence should have played at least a minor part in the endgame, as well as alignment.

Bah. I'm feeling old and tired now.