The Witcher

Dagon

Lamer. Folks need to see something is being done, before anyone gets up from their lazy asses. And anyway, you have help now, just make a collab work with karka.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Never heard of it until this thread. It looks pretty but pictures are all the same these days. I'll wait for reviews.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's more than most so-called RPGs can manage these days.

Heh, very true. I am just hoping it's used more often trough the game. I'm not assuming there's little else beyond what they've shown or that the one situation they've shown is the only one, but if there are more situations like those it might not be a bad idea to showcase them.

Edited by Role-Player

Do not say anything negative about the witcher on the biosidian forums. I stated it didnt impress me and misspoke about its supported camera angles. Well a witcher dev posted a reply to my comments and got his panties in a bunch and cried to bioware 'their moderator' was bad mouthing the witcher. jay from bioware was better about it, and seemed to bring it up to me just to appease the witcher dev so he could say he 'spoke to the mod'.

Also that witcher dev posted counter points in a fairly forceful fashion anytime anyone else posted non-praise for the game. Brian from Obsid then stepped in and in toughpants fashion posted that cooled the emotions that were about to spill over. I was seriously debating to tell the guy to go screw, mod tag or not, for his rude reply to me. Thankfully Brian stepped in and better heads came out on top.

I doubt This thread would have survived over there.

As a side point, I saw myself as a Obsidian mod not a bioware one, which I publicly stated more then once. That prob didnt build me any goodwill with bioware however, even if IMO it was truthful. But thats another story. heh

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

So this is a game which is using the same engine as NWN, but hugely improved, updated and prettified. Isn't that exactly the same thing Obsidian is doing with NWN2? I wonder if the two companies are in touch at all.

I'm afraid of the Bioware boards now. Do you think they can tell if you're even thinking bad thoughts about their games? :ph34r:

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Oh come on. Lolts of people post negative things about Bioware, and their games. And, 99% of them are untocuhed. It's those who who are very agreesie who get introuble in manyc ase. Though, like any other message baord including this one, the mods aren't perfect.

As for The Witchers, it looks to be a fun game; but NWN2 will completelyc rush it s it's more my type of game. :wub:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Now, now, Rhomal, I think you are misrepresenting what happened a little. You had decided that The Witcher was "technically" inferior to NWN2 - but you were simply wrong on essentially all the points you were arguing. I think you irritated Fallen Zen from CD Projekt because you stuck with saying the same things several times even though you had been corrected. ;)

You said in April

The witcher vs nwn2 is more or less like compairing apples and oranges.

The witcher has a fixed camera and fixed/static lighting source. Thus they can get away with a fair amount of eye candy with little effort.

NWN 2 OTOH has dynamic lighting and a 360/tilt camera. Thus takes more work to get the same kind of effects.

Something to keep in mind.

...and Fallen Zen corrected you:

I'm a developer of The Witcher and all what you've written above about our game is incorrect.

We don't have fixed a camera nor only lightmaps (static). Of course most of the lighting is static but not all, we also have dynamic lighting.

But you weren't prepared to accept that, so you repeated the same sort of thing several times, all the way up to June

Acually the witcher is a much more primative game then NWN2 or even 1 is, from a functional standpoint.

Last I read it has a fixed camera and its lighting is fixed as well (rather then dymanic, since the camera angles cant move)

Its, IMO, a overglorified 2D game from a technical level. NWN2 will be much mroe robust on this level as we will have 360 degree swivil and angle tilt as NWN1 has now. Just more advanced FX engine.

I am personally unimpressed, technically, with the witcher.

You had already been corrected so why did you keep saying it was a fixed camera, static lighting, "overglorified 2D"? Other posters even pointed it out. So Zen got a bit annoyed, because clearly you wanted to put down the technical aspects of The Witcher regardless of the facts.

It would be nice my friend if you didn't spread incorrect information about The Witcher when you don't have a clue about it, especially from a BioWare Moderator perspective. We don

I like Rhomal very much cause in many ways remind sme of me - he has no problem stating his opinion. However, there is no doubt that he has an agenda. Thata genda is to push NWN2 even that means putting down any of its competition espicially those games that use the same engine hence why he likes to bash the Witcher and he strives to insult BIO at all times mostly because he knows no matter how good NWN2 is (and I think it'll be better than NWN1 despite some misgivings); but in the end it will just be a sequel to a BIO game.

It's cool! :cool:

btw, Good finds. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think its obvious Dhruin has too much time on his hands... ;) that aside, I never disputed WHAT he said if you read my post its HOW he said it that rubbed me the wrong way.

And I goofed about the camera angles, and forgot a previous convo about it. I was referencing another convo when I typed that when some peep misinformed me. So Shoot me... Gezz going to beat me over the head with that until I die Dhruin? I erred my bad, what more do you want from me?

With that said, camera angles aside, little about the witcher makes me think it will be anything more then a forgettable crpg. If thats me 'putting down' another game because I am following nwn2 then you need to read my posts more.

I would suggest its because it simply does not do anything for me. period. If you read my site, or my posts here I speak highly of MANY other games. This one just does spark any interest in me, simple as that.

As for bioware, I take issue with them as the behind the scenes favortisim that goes on as well as they have not put out anything of note for the PC in years. They are, IMO living on past glory and have yet to write a half decent story since BG2. Plus, Aside from Jay W. and a couple of others their pompus, collective smarky attitude anoys me.

And dont get me started on how they give obsid little control on 'their' forums.

And before the bio defenders jump down my throat, I am not holding a gun to your head to agree with me.

My 2 copers

Edited by Rhomal

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Sure you disputed it - you just side-stepped and stuck with your overall point, even though the evidence was discredited:

With that said, while my specifics may have been in error fom your description it seems the overall point of my comment was correct. NWN 2 is more advanced, FX engine wise, then the witcher. At least thats what I draw from what info has been released about both.

What do I want? You're entitled to your opinion. In fact, I'd welcome a decent debate about why the Witcher will - or won't - be forgettable. I don't think it's perfect by any stretch. Just don't pretend the tech is old then complain about a rude dev who already corrected those same fallacies.

Edited by Dhruin

Ah, the taste of pwning is sometimes so bitter. Really, I expected a more open viewpoint from you Rhomal. But whatever.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I like Rhomal very much cause in many ways remind sme of me - he has no problem stating his opinion. However, there is no doubt that he has an agenda. Thata genda is to push NWN2 even that means putting down any of its competition espicially those games that use the same engine hence why he likes to bash the Witcher and he strives to insult BIO at all times mostly because he knows no matter how good NWN2 is (and I think it'll be better than NWN1 despite some misgivings); but in the end it will just be a sequel to a BIO game.

It's cool! :cool:

btw, Good finds. :-

I think you have an incomplete sentence in there. What about no matter how good NWN2 is...

I don't find his response to be particularly rude, especially when Rhomal's post didn't give any indication that he did know what he was talking about.

It's probably also annoying to see you chime in everytime someone says they think The Witcher looks impressive, and if NWN2 looks as good as it they'll be happy.

What interest do you have in the game besides being a fan?

Hey people don't you think that is to early to say if the withcer will be forgettable or not, only time will tell . But i hope that it will be really good cRPG ,and from infos which i found ,Witcha is going to be really good, maybe a little worser than NWN2 but still really really good, and ithoink worth playing :p yep, that's all i think :-

Sure you disputed it - you just side-stepped and stuck with your overall point, even though the evidence was discredited:

With that said, while my specifics may have been in error fom your description it seems the overall point of my comment was correct. NWN 2 is more advanced, FX engine wise, then the witcher. At least thats what I draw from what info has been released about both.

What do I want? You're entitled to your opinion. In fact, I'd welcome a decent debate about why the Witcher will - or won't - be forgettable. I don't think it's perfect by any stretch. Just don't pretend the tech is old then complain about a rude dev who already corrected those same fallacies.

We can only strive to be as perfect as you then apparently. *shrugs*

I dont know what your issue is with me but this certianly isnt it, so do you mind getting to the root of the matter rather then playing games with this which is really a non-issue and long since dead topic?

Its apparent to me you are just beating me over the head with this as there is a deeper, real issue. So lets cut to it and have the testicular fortitude to addess it shall we?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

So, let me get this straight.

First you post things about a game, which are both inaccurate and uninformed. The developer of said game, then comes and corrects you without any hint of abrasive or condescending tone. Following this, you continue to make the same claims, and the developer repeats his statements, albeit with a bit of irritation (which is utterly understandable). Then you come here, and say he is a prick, and when Dhruin calls you on it, now he has some sort of grudge against you?

Sorry, but that boat don't float.

Beating me over the head with a long dead issue and spending all that time searching and pasting and such. Yea... theres certainly no deeper agenda on his part. It seems spiteful and as if hes going out of his way to do so.

I'd simply like to know what the real reason is. If something that happened 6+ months ago is still eating away at him, then thats another larger issue on his part. However I do not think thats the case.

If you do not agree then we shall agree not to.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

The same is said about you. It happend 6 monthes ago, and the developer was most assuredly not rude to you. Why do you keep bringing it up? Whats your secret agenda?

You're still posting an inaccurate depiction of an event, which Dhruin is correcting. Ya can't play victim, champ.

The same is said about you.  It happend 6 monthes ago, and the developer was most assuredly not rude to you.  Why do you keep bringing it up? Whats your secret agenda?

You're still posting an inaccurate depiction of an event, which Dhruin is correcting.  Ya can't play victim, champ.

Forgive me for not trolling back 6+ months of posts to find the exact occurance of events. Obviouslly time has blurred it in my memory to a degree. Did you see me dispute his correction? Didnt think so. How you perceived the witcher dev posts is up for interputation. I apparently see it in a different light then you.

And he is going out of his way is my point, a simple link back to the main thread would have sufficed. He seemed to go out of his way to throw it in my face is the point I was trying to make which seemed to go over your head sadly.

It really moot at this point and ancient history. However if he does have a issue with me i'd like to address it either here or PM. And I stand by that.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

o rly?

kirottu said:

Yah. it flu rite ovr mah hed.

I r stooped.

U r smrt.

He didn't go "out of his way" - its called disproving.  You made a claim, he disproved it.

ya rly

Hey, honestly with ones self is important. I respect that you are coming to terms with it.

:wacko:

However on a (somewhat) serious note and getting the thread back on track, I realize, D did infact pose a reasonable inquiry. Why dont I feel witcher will not do well and why do I have this perceived bias with nwn2.

Well its quite simple, I do not know of any AAA titles this dev house has done. In fact I never heard of them before. Certainly they might have done something, but if this indeed is there first title I personally think its more then they can chew. Their lack of experience will sink the title to little more then average, at best IMO.

I think people are focusing on the eye candy too much for this title. As we all know eye candy <> game play.

With the background of those involved with nwn2 I am quite confidant nwn2 has a much larger chance of being successful then the witcher. Thus my reasons for my less then optimistic view of the finial witcher product.

I certainly dont wish them ill will, but I frankly dont think they have the skill or backgroud to deliver anything more then a midrange game.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---