Huggable WotC

Gromnir

It did slow things down for me.  I don't recall a workaround though, outside of getting the fan made patch (which may not have even fixed it).

Unless the work around was "restart the game" at which point I performed that work around often :)

No, the fanmade patch didn't fix it. Neither did the official patch, for that matter. I don't think Troika ever acknowledged the problem at all. Still, I don't know jack about coding, so I can't really say how difficult it would be to find and solve that problem, or if it can be corrected by a patch at all.

And yes, the only known "workaround" is to restart the game after long sessions, when the game begins to get sluggish. The simplest workaround ever, in fact...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"With PoR2 out there, how can anyone compete for buggiest game ever?"

I didn't get hit by too much (if nay) bugs for POR2. Then again, it didn't take me long to uninstall it simply because it was crappy.

"Your experience is irrelevant. Your experience, your perspective of things isn't a universal truth. I had zero problems with BL the first time I played through. I suspected I hadn't experienced the Leopold crash, but I couldn't confirm it. Now I can.

Slowdowns and poor performance are not bugs. That's just unoptimized code, and people with newer hardware don't experience them. Unoptimized code doesn't count as a bug. As I said before (and you obviously failed to understand, I'll try only monosyllabes next time), there have been examples of games where very serious bugs affected everyone, not just Volourn. Those games were much more buggier than BL, to the point that some of them were unplayable right out of the box."

What's this I see? LOTs of crying by a crybaby. LOTS of people have complained about BL's bugs - both severity and number.

And, oh, let's do some Pot. Kettle. Black.

Just because yous eemingly had a completely unbuggy copy of Bl doens't mean others were as fortunate as you.

All one has to do is look at the number of complaints about BL and take it into the account that it wans't exactl a bests eller. The game wa sbuggy. It was most definitely one of the buggiest games ever. Noty quite Daggerfall bad, but not far off either.

Now, continue your whining. It's quite entertaining. :-

" there have been examples of games where very serious bugs affected everyone"

Really? The fact you think you can claim 'anyone' shows that you are making things up. as ther eis no way to confirm this. At all.

Nice try though with your hyperbole. :luck:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Patches help, ya know. :-

I finished the game even before or maybe jsut after (can't quite remember) the patch came out. Haven't played it since so I'm sure with the patches the game is more linent. Chances are those who aren't getting hit by bugs didn't buy it when it first came out. Except for Numbers U, who got the perfect copy.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

I didn't get hit by too much (if nay) bugs for POR2. Then again, it didn't take me long to uninstall it simply because it was crappy.

I wonder if you actually played it. There was a known bug, that the developer admitted to, that deleted important system files when uninstalling the game.

You wouldn't be able to start your computer after uninstalling the game.

Odd how you were the only person that didn't seem affected by this.

Edited by alanschu

"I wonder if you actually played it. There was a known bug, that the developer admitted to, that deleted important system files when uninstalling the game.

You wouldn't be able to start your computer after uninstalling the game.

Odd how you were the only person that didn't seem affected by this."

I heard about this bug. I installed than uninstalled the game with no problems. And, no, others didn't get hit by it either. Many did; but not everyone, and I evens eriosuly doubt the majority did. Like everything (much like the x-box 360 is a fire hazard hoopla) it got overhyped.

OMG It erases your OS! oh nooossss!!!

I'm not denying the bug exists as it obviously does.; but it didnb't effect everybody.

As for 'not playing the game', heck, POR2 was the first game (sadly) that I bought the Collector's Edition for. Bad, bad, bad mistake when the extras are more wortwhile then the actual game...

edit: that's why. I didn't use Norton at the time..

Edited by Volourn

What's this I see? LOTs of crying by a crybaby.

Huh? In fact it's you who's crying about the excruciating experience that completing BL was. You're making no sense here.

LOTS of people have complained about BL's bugs - both severity and number.

"LOTS" isn't a number, last time I checked. And you still fail to provide a detailed list.

Just because yous eemingly had a completely unbuggy copy of Bl doens't mean others were as fortunate as you.

Well, that was exactly my point. I said I didn't experience any problems. But I also said BL was buggy. Is this a contradiction? NO! Because I was pointing out the fact that a single case does not make a rule.

"WOWSERS!!"

All one has to do is look at the number of complaints about BL and take it into the account that it wans't exactl a bests eller. The game wa sbuggy. It was most definitely one of the buggiest games ever. Noty quite Daggerfall bad, but not far off either.

Proof, please.

Now, continue your whining. It's quite entertaining. :-

On the other hand, your trolling and constant random posting is quite annoying. A shame that IQ tests aren't performed to determine each user's posting privileges.

Really? The fact you think you can claim 'anyone' shows that you are making things up. as ther eis no way to confirm this. At all.

I didn't claim "anyone". I said "everyone". You fail at reading. In fact, you fail at everything, but that's beside the point.

Take a look at Battlecruiser 3000, for instance. That game had bugs that affected everyone (yes, you read that right), and made the game an effective beta version out of the box. You would know this, if you knew what the hell you're talking about. But as per usual, what you can't make up, you supply with stupidity.

"R00fles!"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That I do not doubt. Norton is a fairly widespread piece of software and very useful to.

Numberman, if IQ was determined on who posts and doesn't I think there might only be 1 or 2 people here that would be able to post and you are most certainly are not one of them.

Edited by Judge Hades

I stopped playing it as I reached a point where it crashed when I tried to enter the Anarch club after having seized the sarcophagus. I tried everything, fanmade patches, browsing on the net for answers etc. This was some 6 months ago, not sure if it has been fixed now... :)

Numbers you seem like a fanboy (and when dealing with BL, that's a compliment really) have you heard of this bug?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm not even sure what the topic is at this point :)

Hugging Wizards of the Coast I would assume.

I'd rather give them a swift kick for some things that they have done to my beloved D&D.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester