Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

Plus, it's only been trakcing us for the last couple of weeks. I play this much NWN all the time. In fact, outside of playing certain games when they are released until i finish them, the vast majority of my gaming *is* NWN.

If I had x-fire since NWN cam out, I'm sure I'd have THOUSANDS of hours of NWN played. Dunno, if that's bragworthy material though. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He plays online, I don't.

Shh! Don't give him more ammo! ;)

Plus, it's only been trakcing us for the last couple of weeks. I play this much NWN all the time. In fact, outside of playing certain games when they are released until i finish them, the vast majority of my gaming *is* NWN.

If I had x-fire since NWN cam out, I'm sure I'd have THOUSANDS of hours of NWN played. Dunno, if that's bragworthy material though. :o

Doesn't this just prove my post? :wacko:"

I don't play much NWN nowadays, since that's pretty much only when I sign up for some DMed mods on NeverwinterConnections. It's hard to find non-campaign sessions nowadays, and I'm not actually looking on a consistent basis. Haven't DMed or made any DM mods in a while, but that'll start again once NWN2 comes out. I'm slowly planning ideas for those already.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I really hope the story for this game is far better than the last one.  (w00t)

Me to. The last one was ok but there was a lot of room for improvement for it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Space nazi pirates versus undead cyborg ninjas!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hey, don't knock the alien invasion scenerio for a fantasy campaign. I ran the box set module "Tale of the Comet" in a old 2e ADnD game using the Forgotten Realms and it was a blast. A space battle over the heads of a remote village in the Silver marches caused to alien crafts to crash land nearby. The players were so freaking flabberghasted when they saw robots shooting lasers at them.

Hey, don't knock the alien invasion scenerio for a fantasy campaign.  I ran the box set module "Tale of the Comet" in a old 2e ADnD game using the Forgotten Realms and it was a blast.  A space battle over the heads of a remote village in the Silver marches caused to alien crafts to crash land nearby.  The players were so freaking flabberghasted when they saw robots shooting lasers at them.

"Your arrows plink off the robot's metallic body before it turns and vapourizes you. Those around you are shocked to see that all that remains of you is a smoking pair of boots." :devil:

I killed 2 PCs and had the rest of the aprty badly wounded. They did win that initial encounter thanks to a well placed Lightning Bolt from the mage. The main front line fighter charged in with his two handed sword just to become vapor due to a critical hit from a laser cannon.

If I designed the NWN 1 story line I would not have used the Creator Races at all. Ancient evil equals lame. Been there done that, who gives a smeg. I would have used a brand new evil. An evil so new that they have only been in the Realms maybe 12 to 14 years.

The Kir-Lanan Gargoyles. Born from the corrupted energies of the dead gods Bane, Myrkul, and Bhaal they seek to destroy all the gods and their "godslaves." A particularly strong leader could form a coven that could implement the Wailing Death which it decays and kills the soul of the inflicted and tranfers that spiritual energy to lead Kir-Lanan. They would use trickery to lure some of the godslaves to do their bidding but inthe end would kill them just as well.

Hmmm...

Also I would have it that the PC or PCs could actually get the Wailing Death disease and have it drain the character's stats as time goes along. I mean, you need to find the cure not to save the city but to keep your own arse alive. It wouldn't be automatic but would require a Fortitude Save in the right circumstances.

I am beginning to like this idea...

Yeah, that could have been actual motivation for 'evil' aligned characters who could have then just kept the cure to themselves or somesuch.

A break from the typical 'evil is just good for hire' that becomes a feature of so many other CRPGs.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)