KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

did anyone enjoy the revenge of the sith solo lightsaber duels?

i think if they can add that or something in for the boss or important battles that would be sweet

That part of the game was basically a fighter like DOA. It had some really unique, fun ideas. the parries, the blocks, the attacks, all really cool. the rest of revenge of the sith game lacked though, and there were some things they could've done to make the fighting better, but oh well.

however, Kotor3 is probably going to be a cRPG, and i wouldn't want to see them spend time on making a fighter game when they could spend time making the rest of it :thumbsup:

whatever they do i hope its fresh and can stay that way and doesn't have anything to do with jade empire's style :shifty:

i agree i would rather the game be well developed and length rather than having just well developed boss fights.

NWN 2 looks very nice so i hope they go that route with K3 and if they can please end the dam frame slow down so the game doesn't have an amature feel to it.

Guest MacLeodCorp

I thought about this strangest thing...

We are debating about a KotOR 3 at Obsidian Ent's forums. What if another company gets the KotOR 3 contract? What if Obsidian is allowing the debats to go on, so they can pull publicity inorder for their three unannounced projects to sell?

What do you think?

Why based on a feat? Why not based on the options you pick merged with some charisma/persuade/PC's own alignment checks/"interest" in PC to see if they fall for it...

well, yes, it could be skill-based, feat-based or a combination. Persuade is a good skill (the Charisma attribute alone wasn't enough for this sort of thing). However, I like how Jade Empire does it (at least the mechanic of it). In Jade Empire, there are actually different types of persuasion and you can specify which one(s) you want to focus on.

Maybe you want to focus on Charm or maybe Intimidate...chances are, you will not be good at both.

The feat stuff would be really advanced (and I'm not holding my breath). Something like:

[Diplomacy + Awareness] "Bao Dur, what kind of phase pulse converter was that anyway?"

there, you are talking to someone about something that is: 1) totally non-essential to the main quest but that is 2) probably something that the other person really wants to talk about. By conversing with someone about something like that, you could (possibly) open up other convos including the ones relating to their backstory. This could be an alternative to alignment-based influence and "just agree with everything the NPC says" kind of influence.

A successful diplomacy raid would result in say, a temporary increase in your Persuade skill. While the iron is still hot, you then might get:

[Persuade + Awareness] "You had previously mentioned something about your sister...please, I am very much interested in hearing the rest of the story"

I think the game should revolve around 3 key figures:

Revan/Exile - The True Sith and the Unknown Regions

Republic figure (could be Carth but I was thinking perhaps a Senator [would have more of a say in the actions of the Republic than a military Admiral]) - The stability of the Republic

Bastila - The gathering of Padawans and the strengthening of the Jedi Order (pending what ending is settled upon for previous games)

And maybe some minor events (though they aren't necessary):

Reunion of the Mandalorians (don't wanna PC Canderous again, should be just a mere mentioning) (perhaps they can be of assistance against the True Sith)

HK-47 HK-50 HK-51 - Because the resolution was out of K2, those HK-50s are still programmed to hunt down the Exile (could be mentioned into conclusion) (though HK-47 can have a returning role or he can be shipped off to Mustafar where no one hears from him again until the time of the Galactic Civil War)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We are debating about a KotOR 3 at Obsidian Ent's forums. What if another company gets the KotOR 3 contract? What if Obsidian is allowing the debats to go on, so they can pull publicity inorder for their three unannounced projects to sell?

What do you think?

i think being around here and talking to the Obsidian forum community is fun in and of itself for me. i don't know about their games other than K2. if another company gets the contract for K3, then i guess the Obsidian forum mods would be polite and shut the threads down. or they can take BIO's approach and leech all the possible buyers from the next developer claiming that the old community needs to get acquainted with the new game in the old atmosphere :)

What do you think?

If another company gets the bid I'm moving all my suggestions there :):)"

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

IMO, the best lightsaber combat I have every experienced in a game is that found in the game Obi-Wan (Xbox exclusive, I believe).

The game itself is OK--not great (you talk about lack of texturing, jeez!), but the lightsaber combat (and Force powers) are outstanding.

The trick is that the lightsaber is handled not by how fast you can mash buttons but by gingerly moving the right analogue stick on the Xbox controller. The camera suffers because of this but not as much as you might think (there is also a way to gain control of the camera with the right stick).

And it gives the lightsaber the respect it deserves--one hit is generally all it takes.

I would love to see KOTOR incorporate this kind of combat (especially for the boss battles).

Guest MacLeodCorp

What do you think?

If another company gets the bid I'm moving all my suggestions there :):)"

Hehehehe....:lol:

What do you think?

What?

How can you get publicity if it's not public? Or are you talking about this current "hype" about how they might be doing KOTOR? Even then, I doubt that's going to help their three unannounced project to sell.

You're making the situation more complex than it needs to be.

What do you think?

I think that's a far out theory, mainly because if you'll notice this thread is dominated by a half dozen people at most, and a few regulars who are here for Obsidian's games.

It's not like they're getting a huge influx of "n00bie" KOTOR fans coming here to drum up business because they allow one thread about K3 to remain open.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My ideas/ hopes for the story

well i think that its about 5 years later and the jedi are rebuilding there order quickly because the "sith" army that revan made are still somwhat around. you are a padawan with your master on corrisont when the plant is attacked by the siths that you know and new ships that are from the true sith empire that are far passed the outer rim. so your master dies and the order makes you a knight and yes you get a padawan later in the game ( maybe after an hour of game play) so you go on a quest to find the sith empires roots are that leads you to korribon and malachor ( which are on the edge of the empire but the sith sort of "forgot about" god knows) are you run into the real sith ( but due to so much cross breeding has made the sith speices gone in a sense) and you try to follow reven and the exile when you find out that they to are fightin the sith and you find out more about reven sacifice to save everything from them and the exiles ecaos. then you find Darth (insert name here) who is the emperor and just as they fight is about to tak of reven ( in his sith cloths) and the exile(masked) walk beside you and the three of you together defeat the sith lord (s) in battle ( and i know sombody is bound to say this but bane is not even going to be born for close to 2000 years). and then you take command of the empire or take out the empires acadimy, fleet, etc etc

that would be cool

and yes hoods :)

Suggestion one

Jumping and crouching pls.

Suggestion two.

Sneaking pls. Involving arcade manouvering, not just a base stat.

Suggestion three.

Make forcepowers work something like the skill system in guidwars. Not that that is so amazing, but basically I want a counter move for every force attack to keep things more interesting than spamming the same three attacks again and again.

Suggestion four.

Make combat a little more than point and click. At the moment it's not even point at that, with autotargeting just click. More arcade input in combat, things to duck behind when you are getting shot at. Mouse aiming. etc.

Suggestion five. Keep the evolving relationships with npcs and the interesting characters. It's the only thing that makes the game playable, and even replayable.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

But there are to many varible like say if visas dies or gender or if they didnt follow you and wait that can't happen, you are intitled to your opinion but the reven and the exile had to leave what ( and who) they cared about behide point and case how reven left bastila.

i think that it would be good to c the exile come back with either handmaiden vissas marr or disiple or atton as a romantic intrest

I think the Disciple's ruled out for the Exile's love interest especially if he's going to be on the Jedi Council... Somehow I think then he'll detach himself from any sort of those emotions

DAWUSS