Bloodlines

alanschu

Toreadors are my class of choice. The beautiful vampires who suck blood and kick ass. Malkavians are good to play to get a laugh because of their insane dialogue. Tremere are good because of their bloodspells especially Blood Boil.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ah the cowgirl Malkavian. She wears a cowgirl outfit and wears a thong. Bloody strange those Malkavians are. I played their class for giggles. Love their dialogues.

!!

IIRC one of the disabled character backgrounds for the Malkavian girl is "Dancer turned stripper", which kind of explains her choice of wardrobe.

Ah the cowgirl Malkavian. She wears a cowgirl outfit and wears a thong. Bloody strange those Malkavians are. I played their class for giggles. Love their dialogues.

!!

IIRC one of the disabled character backgrounds for the Malkavian girl is "Dancer turned stripper", which kind of explains her choice of wardrobe.

Ohh that would suite me just fine. :thumbsup:

!!

Ohh that would suite me just fine. :thumbsup:

The background for the male Malkavian is "Acrobat turned clown" which REALLY explains that pimpy cat-in-the-hat outfit.

Anyone know what clan I played: I was a normal vampire (if there is such a thing) that got Celerity. No brain ghosts, no ugliness, no snobbiness (that I noticed). Which clan is that?

Mus says Brujah, but you could have also been a Toreador. Were you known for punching your way through things? Did you have an ability that made you hack computers, use guns better, and see the aura of an individual?

I should reinstall and check it out, but I think I must have been a Toreador. I used the katana and fireaxe a lot, but I also had some great firearms skills. I did hack computers but I didn't use anything that showed me an aura.. that just sounded too New Age'ish to me :wub:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I should reinstall and check it out, but I think I must have been a Toreador. I used the katana and fireaxe a lot, but I also had some great firearms skills. I did hack computers but I didn't use anything that showed me an aura.. that just sounded too New Age'ish to me :wub:

The aura works like force sight, it allows you to see through walls, very useful for sneaking.

Edited by Surreptishus

My heart says that I should play a smooth talking Toreador with katana skills, but my mind says I'd be better off with firearm skills.  Advice?  :wub:

Firearms are more challenging to use well in bloodlines than melee by far. Ultimately, firearms can be useful, but only once you've learned when and how they can be useful.

The Katana is, overall, a more useful and intuitive weapon than any firearm (and the Fireaxe along with it), that's for sure. The only real need for firearms is in certain rare instances, in boss fights, when you need to turn the tide. And with a Toreador and Celerity, you can mostly get away with just beating everything down in melee if you want to.

What skills you had doesn't really say anything about your clan though. Any clan can use any skills. Brujahs are as good as Toreadors with firearms unless Toreador use their Auspex discipline.

If you didn't see auras, you didn't use Auspex, which is the same power that would boost your Firearms and Hacking skill.

The powers the two have are this:

Brujah: Potence - Increased strength (in this game higher melee and brawl damage); Celerity - Super speed; Presence - Charm (making people less inclined to hit you, thus making giving them penalties to their attack roles, some more abilities as well I think)

Toreador: Auspex - Increased senses (boosts Perception and Wits and lets you see through walls); Celerity; Presence

So the only real identifier would be if you had a power that boosted your senses or your strength?

Wtf, Auspex increases hacking skills? Where do they say that?

Anyway I'm not sure whether there's enough xp to do a charming Toreador katana stealth build. I'm worried that the low constitution might mean I'm screwed in a few hits in melee.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

My heart says that I should play a smooth talking Toreador with katana skills, but my mind says I'd be better off with firearm skills.  Advice?  :x

Both are quite viable. I found firearms useful in some areas, but with blood buff, a high defense skill, and armor you should have no problems. Even with my more firearm skill, I was able to make good on many areas with just my special katana.

Wtf, Auspex increases hacking skills? Where do they say that?

Higher level Auspex improves your wits and your perception, which are used for a variety of things.

Edited by alanschu

eh... you could also go with brawling instead of melee... you almost have to if you want to get some major damage out of the gangrel.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Are there any bottleneck areas where characters lacking a certain level of skill will find it insanely hard to play through?

If you can't fight, I can imagine some parts of the game being insane. Other than that, there is no skill that is mandatory. There are some quests that require one skill or another, but none of them is needed to complete the game.