Bloodlines

alanschu

In the description for the uber-katana you find in the hotel, it says it's twice as fast.  I didn't time it officially, but it does seem faster.

I did time it. Identical to normal katana. That's why I always thought it was crap and happily sold it for the $200 or so it gave. Until someone pointed out that the difference between it and a Katana is that it deals aggravated damage rather than lethal.

The uber katana is the best sword. Something I use for my melee characters.

It may only be in the game so that those of us with no combat skills can make it to the end. I did once try a character who relied entirely on firearms, not melee, but it just didn't work out. Is it possible to do this all the way to the end?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The uber katana is the best sword. Something I use for my melee characters.

It may only be in the game so that those of us with no combat skills can make it to the end. I did once try a character who relied entirely on firearms, not melee, but it just didn't work out. Is it possible to do this all the way to the end?

If you have really high firearms skill, you shouldn't have much trouble at the end of the game (or at all really IMO). I actually find the firearms build much more diffcult at the beginning of the game, when the only real gun you have is the craptacular .38. Once I get the Spaz though, I don't really need to look back.

I would usually use the Steyr AUG against Vamps as it had higher lethality, and the killmatic for everything else. During parts when I knew I wouldn't be facing many guys at once, I would use the Desert Eagle (the McKlusky) on vampires, and the Glock (the Brock) on humans. With level 10 firearms pretty much every gun is perfectly accurate.

Oh, and if you have the Jaime Sue, if you zoom in with it you do insane damage. You can kill pretty much anything in a single shot.

I believe Tremere abilities.

Yes they are. They do not compare to Blood Boil though. >_<

Edited by MasterRevan

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If you have really high firearms skill, you shouldn't have much trouble at the end of the game (or at all really IMO).  I actually find the firearms build much more diffcult at the beginning of the game, when the only real gun you have is the craptacular .38.  Once I get the Spaz though, I don't really need to look back.

Hmmm. I might give it another go. When in the game do you get this 'Spaz' then? Can you really kill those nasty head on legs thingies with just one shot?

Bloodboil is fun in Grout's mansion otherwise its pretty craptacularly useless.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you have really high firearms skill, you shouldn't have much trouble at the end of the game (or at all really IMO).  I actually find the firearms build much more diffcult at the beginning of the game, when the only real gun you have is the craptacular .38.  Once I get the Spaz though, I don't really need to look back.

Hmmm. I might give it another go. When in the game do you get this 'Spaz' then? Can you really kill those nasty head on legs thingies with just one shot?

The Spaz is the automatic shotgun. I used it (and the Anaconda) in the sewers.

Though now that I think about it, I typically used melee for those "heads on feet" guys, just because they move very fast. But I would just use blood buff to get my melee skill up. Whenever I could though, I'd try to snipe them with the anaconda.

Those really creepy monsters with the split open stomach that looks kinda of like a female head on top can be killed with a single clip by the Spaz though, provided you are careful enough to make sure you get solid shots in. The guys that shoot the wierd ooze that slows you down fall prey to the anaconda, as I shoot them while strafing back and forth to avoid their projectiles.

By the end of the game, firearms I find is pretty damn funny. Level 10 firearms with the Killmatic (the uzi) means no recoil and number spamming for the damage. You can also fan the Anaconda with near perfect accuracy too, while running around jumping and whooping and hollering.

Possible. I'm stressed at the moment and took a shot. Possibly is it I'd say.

You should play a game where you can blow things up or decapitate things :huh:

Resident Evil is my anti-stresser :huh:

A fantastic idea. I used to play Fallout when I was stressed. I would start a saved game and go around town killing everyone, and move onto the next town. Good fun that. :)

I wouldn't do a save because than I would screw up the game by being a killer and not a hero.

I used to play Fallout when I was stressed. I would start a saved game and go around town killing everyone, and move onto the next town. Good fun that.  :)

I think you should email Jack Thompson and tell him all about it. :huh:

I think Bloodlines is about my top limit for gore in a game. Beyond that I might have to start using the violence filters.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh