Shooting for 30 hours?

roshan

The Realms of Arkania series gave you a total of 8-9 levels across THREE seperate games. That was a little unsatisfying let me assure you.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"FR is not a low level campaign setting. FR is far more versitile than that. You can be low level, mid level, high level, and so on and so forth. Saying FR is not for low levels is a lie. Stop lying."

Hades is great. FR is awesome as its anything you want to be. And, if the FR is dull it's 100% the player and DM's fault. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Personally, I can't stand the FR setting. I wish they'd make a new setting and set a game like NWN2 in that instead. After mucho thought, 30 hours would be fine for the OC, as long as it was decent, with a quality replayable storyline and decent interactions... provided they make a solid followup to the OC to continue it. If the OC doesn't get past level 10, I'd be okay with it. Anything more is pushing it for 30 hours.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

"FR is a Lord of the Rings-lite setting"

Nonsense. The LOTR is the ulktimate boring typical fantasy setting. In fcat, any weaknesses the Fr may have as a setting all come from LOTR.

Hahahahaha!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

FR is a high level, high magic setting. Does that mean everyone is elminster? No. Does that mean you have to be high level? No. The difference is that if you want to play a low level game or make a low level mod the existence of higher levels doesn't affect you at all. High-level players and mod makers aren't so lucky. Of course if you are a low level character you just have to accept that there are whole races of people that can kill you with nothing but their innate powers. How the hell are you going to play a Drow without eventually going into epic levels? Oh I get it you intend to die in the first act for the sake of the story! Now it all makes sense instead of playing a traditional game where you're the standout hero you want to play a commoner that multi classed into warrior because he like, heard they like got paid more only to be turned into a vampire spawn because he didn't have enough class levels. Brilliant.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

40+ hours is great and a game with no level cap is even better. .

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester